MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by age: 44-55

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This serum is 17% l-ascorbic acid along with buddleja stem cells. This combination is supposed to brighten skin and combat visible signs of aging. I have noticed while using this product is that it dries my skin out. I know that for l-ascorbic acid to be effective it has to be in a pH of 3. I do not know what the pH of this serum is, but there has been no change in my skin at all and I have used several different brands of vitamin c serums over the years. This also smells really bad. I do not know why it contains tangerine and grapefruit oils as citrus oils are known skin irritants.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Hi Everyone! I just bought this yesterday from Whole Foods, and when I went to use it, the serum came out orange in color. Does that mean it's oxidized? This is my first vitamin c serum purchase, so I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I've read on the internet that color indicates oxidization. Thanks in advance for your help.

One month later . . . I'm adding this to say that I LOVE this product!!! Kristi responded to my post by calling the company and emailing me with their reply that this serum is amber in color. THANK YOU SO MUCH, KRISTI!!! Anyway, Perfect C has lightened my freckles and evened out my complexion like nothing else. A friend of mine saw me after I stepped out of the shower at the Y (no make-up on), and asked me what I'd been doing to my skin. She said that my face now looked like baby skin! I told her that the only thing that I had changed in my routine was adding this Perfect C serum. I ended up giving her the rest of my nearly empty bottle that night so that she could get it right when she ordered it. And I ordered a couple more bottles for myself. Interestingly, the first pump out of the new bottle was clear. No color. The second pump was almost clear; there was a very slight, slight yellow tinge.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This came in a small sampler I got for Christmas.
My primary paranoia is large pores. Although C is primarily used during the day, the manual said for an intense night treatment, put the Revitalizing night cream on after. So I did. I put a lot of the Serum on. I waited for it to dry, then I put the moisturizer on.
In the morning, my pores were non-existent. Even the craters of the right side of my nose were shrunk down to nothing, and they were unclogged. My face looked plumper, and so my wrinkles faded out. I was glad as I got to go to a dance Show that was full of beautiful people.

I was told on the boards that effect could last for 48 hours. So I did not apply retinol to my face the next night, I just let it be. This is 17% C. Using it during the day, I put sunscreen on last.

I have been using this line for about 6 or so years and I have to say without a doubt this is fantastic stuff. I LOVE the C Serum. I am a total makeup junkie and have tried everything probably in the mainstream market both non-organic and organic. This line is really good quality. I do realize the price is high for the serum. I have to say though that nothing comes close so I use it sparingly. You don't need tons on your face. I have used all their products except the apple line. I am a true fan of this line. They just introduced a mineral makuep line and I am trying the ivory color stick. It is a creamy foundation. I am hoping that it is as great as their products. I am always searching for a decent mineral makup that doesn't make the lines appear more magnifed like BARE MINERALS does! I hate that! The Incredible Pumpkin Peel rocks. That is another favorite of mine. Really whatever you buy will be great as I have complete confidence in this line so the price really is worth it. They also have sales so just watch for those!:)

Mychelle describes this product as a stabelized L ascorbic at 15% along with other antioxidants such as wine phytoalexins. CoQ10, retinol, lycopene, beta carotene, D-beta glucosamine.
I am still up in the air somewhat becauase usually I get a quick glow with C serums; however I have notived increased smoothness, so I am sticking with this product for awhile and will update. Samples are available.

I really liked this product. I thought it was a bit expensive (which it is) but I wanted an all natural, parben and other ingredient free vitamin C. I have very sensitive skin and I had no trouble with this. I felt my skin looked much better after a month.
The only disappointment to me was that using one or two pumps a day, the jar lasted about 30 days and that means I would have to buy 12 a year which is just too much. If it lasted 90 days, I would be happier. So I am not sure I will get it again. I like most of the mychelle products and my skin looks great.