MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.3

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (Tocomin®), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFlora®), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstin®), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this product 3 days ago from well.ca.
The first thing that hit me was the stench...fruit gone rotten. I couldn't stand it. The whole day I just wanted to puke. Then when I applied the recommended 2 pumps on my face, it burned like crazy......uuuuuggggh! My face was on fire and I had to wash it off. Left me red and flushed. Sending it back.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my main C serum and it is one of my favorite products. It is one of the few serums where I can actually see a definite improvement in the condition of my skin. It brightens/treats/prevents wrinkles and it actually clears my skin rather than break it out. I contacted the company with some questions and they said I only really need to use it once every 3 days since it remains in the skin for that long. I like that it's in a pump but like someone else mentioned, the pump can malfunction and dispense too much serum which is frustrating as the bottle is quite small and expensive.

I really like this product. Used in conjunction with other MyChelle products, my skin has transformed. My one and only complaint is how expensive it is for such a small amount. I would purchase this product again and again, but unfortunately I can not always afford to do so.

I like the fact it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy or tacky. It hasn't inflamed or irritated my skin, it's just that I haven't seen any improvements either. My skin is no more refined or brightened than before I started using it. Plus I dislike the smell on application (smells vinegary to me!)

I so wanted to love everything in the MyChelle line but I guess it was not meant to be. I started using the Perfect C Serum to see if it would help with sun damage that is starting to appear. I used it diligently for the better part of a year and saw no change in the spots, in fact they seemed to be getting darker. My skin seemed to take to it just fine, but I saw no changes either positive or negative. After a while I got tired of spending so much for such a small bottle and quit using it. In the weeks since, I have noticed that my sun damage spots have actually lightened! Now I'm just annoyed that I wasted the money.

The first time I bought this product, it was actually on sale! I put it on my face and it was like a 5 alarm fire! It burned a little but was okay later. The bottle says use 2 pumps but I backed down to one and was just fine. A few problem areas on my face peeled when I first began using it but even after the first use I was AMAZED! This product did do it all for me! My lovely adult acne disappeared, my pores shrunk like nobody's business, and my skin became smooth, clear, and dare I say luminous!? (I wouldn't use too near the eye area though; the skin is too delicate.) I repurchased the other day, not on sale but I still consider it to be a bargain for what it does! I will happily repurchase because my skin is in love and it shows!! : ) Oh, and it does not burn to put it on anymore. It feels like water going on and soaks right into my skin, not sticky. This product is too wonderful to pass up, try it and be amazed!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've used this for about two weeks now. I have sensitive skin and I've developed a light sandpaper rash where I've been using it. I can't seem to use any of MyChelle's products for this same reason. Tried the rosacea serum...got sandpaper rash. Tried the polypeptide cream...Same response.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This C Serum makes me break out. But, I've never found a Vitamin C product that doesn't make me break out. This is just another one that I can't use. Otherwise I liked it, but it just doesn't work for me.

This is a nice serum. Smooth, doesn't burn, and has a very high amount of ascorbic acid, unlike most C serums. Price isn't as bad as many of them. However the price is high for the teeeeeeny little bottle. Since I use this as a preventive maintenance thing, I don't see a ton of effect, but I do notice a smoother, more glowy appearance with I do use it. It's very subtle, but it adds a certain healthiness. Just wish it weren't so pricy. Still, for other C serum with similarly high ascorbic acis content, this is comparatively cheap, so I keep buying it. Maintenance item for me.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

First, the good news: what I love about MyChelle products are the ethics and standards behind them ~ no animal testing and no harmful ingredients. I love the packaging of this product as well- the opaque glass pump bottle is just great. The texture is also nice – it sinks right into my skin and does not leave a tacky or sticky after-feel, nor does it smell funky (as did Cellex C.)
Now for the bad news: the price & performance. I could justify the cost of this serum if I really noticed a difference in my skin. But sadly, that’s not the case. After almost two months of use, I can’t rationalize buying another (tiny) bottle of this serum because I just do not see any improvement whatsoever. It’s a shame, because I was hoping this would be my HG vitamin C serum. The search continues . . . .