MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.4

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

I love this serum better than any other vitamin serum that I have tried so far. I did not expect anything special to come of this serum- I purchased it on a whim while it was on sale. (The price for .5 fl. oz. is $45 is exorbitant and ridiculous, although I am quite impressed with the serum, it is simply not worth $90/fl. oz.) That being said, what I noticed immediately was a change in my skin's texture. My skin was smoother (after only one application) and was definitely more glowy and healthy-looking. At first I could not determine if it was the serum that caused it to feel that way or what, but then I noticed that I had brighter, smoother skin both morning and evening when I used this serum. I am still observing the long-term effects, but I am very content with my purchase and will continue to buy this item in the future.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm not too impressed by Vitamin C serums in general, but if you want something at a good price point, I think this is a good serum to use. It smells a bit crazy, but is 17% vitamin C (the recommended concentrations for anti-aging usually seems to fall between 10-15%), is packaged well, and comes in an appropriate quantity for a product that is time-sensitive.

Pros: 17% Vitamin C. Lockable pump, airtight cap, and opaque bottle to prevent Vitamin C oxidization. Expensive, but competitive, especially for such a concentrated serum.

Cons: Kind of spits out serum, so you may end up dispensing more than you want if you're not careful when dispensing the serum. I felt I needed only half a pump to more than cover my entire face and neck area.

Eyes: Violet

poor packaging the pump spit stuff everywhere. overpriced for $30 you can get real natural vitamin C poweder or natural fruit masque loaded with it's own fresh enzymes and apply to your face for only fraction of the cost / 10 times for effective. This stuff has alcohol so if your skin doesn't tolerate alcohol very well, stay away like a plaque. It also contains argan oil that has been known to cause break out and pimples for some people especially those with oily acne prone skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This item was RIS and I'm glad I got a chance to try it. The steep price tag always made me shy away from trying it and the reviews on here never made me wish to try it, either. As for the reviewers who say it burns, I've only experienced burning when I've applied it over an open wound, like a pimple that recently was touched. Other than that, I use it only at night and one pump is more than enough. It's rather thick, yellow based liquid that smells "eh", but sinks in, leaving a slight film on one's skin, which is why I think it's best suited for night time use. Plus, the skin does most of it's healing while we sleep, so top notch products should be reserved for night time use.

So far, it hasn't broken me out (I've been using for about a month), it seems to heal existing pimples faster, and it actually seems to be lightening my acne scars and hyperpigmentation. NOTHING has helped with my acne scarring and I've tried so many products, including other topical C products with no apparent results. So far, I've noticed that I use less makeup to feel like I have enough coverage in the mornings, which definitely means my scarring must be diminished.

I'll update with continued use. I'd recommend buying this product when Mychelle has their 50% off sales, which makes it much more affordable (especially if only sing 1x per day). I use their Capillary Calming serum during the day and like that product better than their Clear Skin Serum (which has been reformulated and is much less effective now).

When i first bought this product, the serum was a clearish yellow. After about a couple months, the color had turned a lot more yellow with bits of orange in it. My effective and overly expensive product was oxidized. Throughout the web, it is stated that L-asorbic acid is more harmful than good when oxidized, so i tossed the rest of it out. It's a shame i couldn't wait to see if it even worked.

The perfect C serum is my HG. Within just a few days of use, I noticed visible decrease in my acne and my scars and hyperpigmentation. I use this serum in the am after cleansing with the fruit enzyme cleanser and follow it up with the fruit enzyme mist and the pumpkin renew cream...My skin has never looked so good...
LOVE LOVE mychelle

edit-They have reformulated the c serum and the pumkin renew cream gave me cystic acne :(

This is one of my favorite beauty products of all time. It keeps my acne at bay, helps my sun damaged skin from looking blotchy, makes my skin feel smooth (which also makes it a lot easier so apply makeup with out it getting cakey).
If you're fair skinned with sun damage or acne this is THE HG product for you.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Let me start by saying that this product is pricey and doesn't last long. However, despite the price, I love this product! I have oily acne prone skin, and whenever I feel like I am getting a pimple, I put this stuff over the spot at night and by daytime it is gone! It doesn't seem to have much effect on my brown post-acne spots, nor does it control oil or anything. However, it seems to be improving the condition of my skin and that is amazing for me. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just went throug the first bottle and honestly didnt seen any difference in my skin. Plus I went tthrough it in under 4 weeks - close to like 3. However, I like the ingredient list AND it has a high level of ascorbiv acid and it goes on like water which is important. I am only buying this again because I actually need a serum I can wear underneath all the stuff i put on my skin and not interfere or make it pilly - so the fact that it is ORGANIC is a huge plus since i am adding other heavier stuff to my skin. So I will try a second bottle but im also going to try the oil soluble 20% serum c in a silicone base and see if it will interfere with my other face products....

BUT obagi left better results on my skin but its too expensive and oxidizes to fast and I feel like i am in a competition to use it up before it turns brown and i dont want that pressure.

UPDATE: i'm so depressed...After a few days of using this, I started to notice irritation around the mouth / nose areas....I guess my skin can't even handle this type of citric acid product....I was so hopeful! I liked the idea of slathering my face with an antioxidant rich serum in addition to my more basic Dr. H regimen....