L'Oreal HydraFresh Deep Cleanser Gel (Normal to OILY)

No Image

4.3

Water|Sodium Laureth Sulfate|Coco-Betaine|Glycerin|Sodium Chloride|Hexylene Glycol|PEG-150 Distearate|PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil|Calcium Gluconate|Fragrance|Sodium Methylparaben|DMDM Hydantoin|Magnesium Gluconate|Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate|Ascorbyl Glucoside|Laureth-11|Laureth-11 Carboxylic Acid|Citric Acid

I find it a perfect face wash for summer and monsoon season. It justifies its claims of providing hydration and instant freshness. Moreover, my skin feels super fresh and relieved. It thoroughly removes dirt and makeup without over drying my skin or making it feel stretched. You can check the detailed review here: Loreal Paris Hydrafresh Instant Freshness Gel Foam Face Wash Review continued >>

on 5/30/2013 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this from the warehouse sale of l'Oreal. It cleanse well but it is a little to drying for my combo skin. It's a squeeze tube of 195 mL. Not repurchasing since I have a second bottle already and I think that it's discontinued since I see it anyware.

on 6/16/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My facial skin is extremely sensitive and easily clogged. I've tried revitalift milky foam which was quite irritating, and hydrafresh foam for dry skin which was so drying. Although this one, hydrafresh gel which is designed for combination and oily skin, it is so gentle to my skin, and surprisingly, never dried my skin out at all. It foams up beautifully, cleans thoroughly without a residue of film. IMO, cleanser is a cleanser, to fufill the task of cleansing without irritation is the most important. I always use a seperate makeup remover(cleansing milk or cream) before , then use a water soluable foam to get rid of the leftover oil and residue. Highly recommend!

on 6/2/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This review is for Loreal Triple active fresh hydrafresh for normal to mixed skin..
I love this cleanser! It removes all of my makeup including mascara and liner. My face feels fresh and clean after. It smells great too. I will probably try new cleansers when my tube is empty but I will def repurchase this. Its so simple to remove all of my makeup with this cause it doesnt sting my eyes like other cleansers

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I damn love it when using the first bottle. I used the Icy version which gives me cool & fresh feel after cleansing. It removed all the make up and dirts very well. However, after half of the second tub, my skin burned with the redness right after cleansing. It seems that the product make my skin so thin by exfoliating too much, so my skin become so sensitive. The same problem with Derma-genesis cleanser which is used by my Mom. Her skin become too sensitive and easy to burn after using the first bottle.

I stopped it and turn to other milk & cream cleanser to balance the problem. I still have half of the tub but still not dare to re-use again. Maybe I will use as a scrub.

So for the first tub, definitely should try. But re-purchase, I don't dare...

on 4/19/2008 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I recently tried this deep cleanser (green gel) though I had tried 3 bottles of Ideal Balance Foaming Gel Cleanser (orange liquid). I can't find anymore at nearby CVS. Anyway, this green gel is much thicker than orange liquid for normal skin. It really cleanse well, removed my gloss, SS, and power. And it doesn't leave residue like Olay. Definitely good DS cleanser (even better than Lancome gel cleanser).

This must be discontinued item as I can't find anywhere in DC area.

on 9/1/2007 7:38:00 AM

I am currently using this cleanser and I like it that it controls oil without leaving my skin dry afterwards like the typical oil-control cleansers. What I can say is that this cleanser is worth purchasing as a drugstore brand for its effectiveness. After few usage of this, I think I don't need to switch to my whitening cleanser :)

I might repurchase this but I thought of trying more new ones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It costs only $8.90 in Singapore and I like the gel texture. it doesn't leaves the skin feeling tight and it has a nice citrus smell to it. I love how it cleanses so well and keeps my face smooth and fresh after that. Using this is really a pleasure as it makes me feel happy during shower time!

Updated: No idea why, but my face turns real red after using it so I stopped it.

on 2/12/2006 7:31:00 PM

Price: The price for a drugstore cleanser at RM19.90 is considered mediacore. As the cleanser works effectively ( i am on my 3rd day usage now), it shrinks most of my acne already.

Packaging: For this drugstore price, the packaging is acceptable.

Quality: Non-drying cleanser for oily/combination skin. the cleanser is very refreshing and has a faint fragrance with i love.

Overall: how come i miss this great stuff of loreal for so long. i have been using pure zone and whitening range of loreal but it is either too drying or too oily at times..but this hydrafresh keep me fresh all day...

on 10/3/2005 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

(This product has been discontinued in name only, now called - Ideal Balance Cleanser)
WOW this is a truly great product for at a dept.store price. I was on the search for a new cleanser after realising my old St.Ives one might be breaking me out and over-drying my skin, MUA to the rescue - the price and reviews for this product made me feel confident to put this on my face and it's been 5 days and I'm so glad I did. My skin is radiant!! I can't believe my old cleanser was so bad for my complexion. This removes all my make up though I use a different product for waterproof mascara :) It is gentle, fresh and gives me a pretty glow. my skin even looks clearer. Only complaint is the packaging, stupid lid makes dispensing the product a bit wasteful but for the price and quality of product I can't complain. Give it a go.