Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

3.7

Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Fragrance), Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht.

on 6/12/2015 3:05:00 PM

$53 USD for .42 oz. You get a lot of product at this price, and you need very little so the powder should last a very long time. I purchased Color 1 Mousseline Pastel (the blue/green/white/lavender combo); Color 2 Taffetas Beige (yellow/tan combo); and Color 7 Voile Rose (Opal/Lavender/pinks combo). The texture for the powders are very, very fine - maybe even too fine - as the powders will fly around. The case is beautiful, but the actual container is horrible and the products are very hard to use. I don't like using puffs, so what I do is, with the lid closed, flip it and tap each square lightly on the side and bottom. Flip it back, and generally most of the product should end up in the lid, not the container. I swirl the brush around the lid to mix the colors then apply. You need very little and it produces a matte texture with little glow - very nice for finishing / mattifying. What I dislike: the scent is VERY heavy; powder is drying - probably due to the silica; and I hate that you can't really control the color combination.

Also, I'm a very pale Eastern Asian skin (MAC NC20/C2 or ivory in CD), and each of the color tints distinctly showed on my face.
- For Mousseline Pastel: I like this tone as the best for my face. It worked as translucent finishing powder and added a little opalescent glow. If I'm not careful though, I think it might produce a whitish cast, so I apply it very light-handed.
-For Taffetas Beige: This looks like a bronzer on me and adds very odd clay-brick-red tone. I was VERY disappointed as I thought the yellow/lighter tones would make it perfect color for me. I'll wait until later this summer when my skin gets little darker and also experiment with contouring to see how this works out. But so far, very Meeeh.
-For Voile Rose: This was just ok by me. I can't use it as a blush since it's too pale. When used as finishing powder, I think it adds weird tone to my face. I'm hoping it'll work better as a highlighter so am in the process of experimenting. Overall, I wasn't impressed.

As true makeup junkie, I'm keeping these because (1) the containers are so gorgeous; (2) the colors in the box are Very, Very pretty; and (3) it's not a totally lost cause and hasn't broken me out yet (keeping my fingers crossed as the Givenchy version of HD powder broke me out badly and these have similar ingredients though in different proportions. However, I probably would not repurchaes if I ran out.

**UPDATE** The "taffetas beige" was just too orangey-brick - red tone on my skin, so I hacked the case to dump the darker colors and so glad I did this. If you want to try it (be sure that you REALLY want to do this, as there's no going back once the deed is done): 1) Be sure the holes on top of the container (where the powder gets shaken out) are well-sealed. I did it by cleaning with alcohol and sticking on tape. 2) Put the lid back on then, flip over to peel off the label sticker on the bottom of the case. SAVE the sticker! 3) There is a single piece of plastic that seals the holes that the powder was loaded up with under the sticker. Lift off a corner of it by inserting something sharp under it, then you can take it off. Be very careful to not spill the powders! 4) You'll end up with a single piece of plastic with four round lids that seal each of the separate compartments. Cut this up so that you have 4 separate "lids" for each of the compartments. 5) I sealed up the colors that I wanted to actually use and shook out the other colors that I didn't want. 6) Put the lids back on then the sticker on top to ensure a good seal on the bottom. I'm so much happier with the product now that I can actually use it!

on 5/3/2015 9:11:00 AM

Prisme Libre Mousseline Pastel
100% translucent, no colour alteration, no white/powdery look after dusting it on, extremely thin veil that's good for setting/mattifying (e.g. after applying anything gives a dewy shine on the face like foundation/moisturiser/sunscreen/light concealer). It gives you this "just after washing face" shine free but yet NOT powder matte look.

It's zero coverage (so don't expect it to cover any spots etc), doesn't settle into lines nor show after dusting. Probably good for mature skin that tends to be dry and want a very very light powder after liquid/cream foundation. Or those who just got to dust with loose powder before heading out.

Insignificant/unnoticeable oxidation. I can't see any grey cast. Good control of shine despite its makeup function as a loose powder (i.e. setting makeup). I only had this soft shine/glow on forehead despite having t-zone oily skin after 10 hrs. I had used numerous full coverage and highly mattifying liquid/compact foundations but they all shine, and oxidise, a lot more than this loose powder! I've got sensitive skin and it doesn't clog despite me dusting on after sunscreen.

What I didn't like is only the packaging and its way of application (I'm a bit of a hygiene freak) but can't figure how to use it with a brush without spilling the powder.

First buy, and first also for a loose powder, and definitely worth it. No powders had impressed me enough for me to pay for such a price tag (compact or loose). Expensive as compared to drug store brands but comparable to other major brands (e.g. Dior, Chanel, Lancome etc). I've seen my friends' face looking white using loose powders of other brands (drug store/major brands).

on 1/26/2013 5:35:00 PM

It's too dry for dry skin, same as all other powder products which will give a cakey face. I wouldn't recommend it to any people with dry skin like me. Also it has too much sparkles that doesn't look natural. I'm giving mine away.

on 8/24/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in shade 3 - sweet caramel and whilst I find that upon application my skin is soft and has a nice finish to it, usually around 4-6 hrs later, it oxidises on my skin and leaves it looking muddy and oily. I normally use clinique's blended face powder and i will continue using that instead! Its such a shame cos givenchy's packaging and texture is lovely!

on 6/8/2011 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

For reference I'm NC45/50 and I'm using the darkest shade "Tender Sun". This powder is just pure luxury. My skin feels like silk when I put this on! "Tender Sun" consists of 4 cubes of loose powder colours - 3 dark-ish shades of brown and 1 light peachy apricot. This powder is so finely milled and has shimmers that are barely visible but just impart a gorgeous 'glow' on the skin. I use this over Mac Studiofix Powder foundation just on my cheekbones, under eyes (it's great over concealer) and nose. I don't use it all over my face because it has a highlight effect and I don't exactly need my whole face to glow like a beacon. I can't say it's great for oil control though, but I do live in a very humid climate. I usually use a brush for loose powder, but with this, I like to use the puff it comes with. The powder is so fine and light it tends to settle everywhere - on lashes, brows, my make-up counter (LOL), but I find using just a tiny amount helps lessen the fly-aways. This powder can be layered for a less sheer finish. If I'm just running to the store I just put this on with a little eyeliner and tinted lipbalm and I look polished and natural.

The first and the best loose powder that i have. I also try new one but none of them can beat this GIVENCHY loose powder. I love its color and the smell of flower. The texture is very soft and high quality. PERFECT ( too expensive though)