Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

4.7

Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Fragrance), Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht.

on 8/13/2016 2:22:00 AM

I have this in 1 Harmony (Mousseline pastel). It's the color correcting one with 4 pastel shades: pink, lavender, green and blue.

This powder is very finally milled and comes packaged in a beautiful square shaped Givenchy cube. The sifter holes form the Givenchy logo - super pretty!!! There are 4 individual squares of the colors. I wish you were able to isolate which colors you want to use for whatever purpose...but I understand that the whole concept is to mix all the colours together as you apply so I digress. The cap isn't your standard twisty cap. It only twists on/off 45 degrees and then locks. Kinda strange but unique? As for the scent, I did find it was slightly scented but nothing too overbearing or pleasant. I'm sensitive to scents in general and found that this powder only had a faint scent to it.

When I first used this to set my under eye concealer, i was amazed at how it didn't settle in fine lines or emphasize dryness (I have dry skin), and just made my undereyes look flawless! It brightened up my eye area and my entire face (after being amazed at how well it did under my eyes, I then applied it to my entire face)

However, I don't find this powder controls oil very much. Perhaps it was because I only applied a little. Maybe it would control oil better if I had used more.

Overall, a fantastic product. Would I repurchase? Unfortunately not given the high price tag ($65 CAD for 0.42oz of product). While I understand that it's Givenchy so it won't be cheap, my gripe with this powder is the fact that despite having a higher price tag, there aren't any beneficial ingredients in this powder. In fact, it has some "bad for your skin" ingredients (eg. BHT) so for that reason alone, I would not repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love the powder, it's setting my make up for the whole day. The packaging is pretty beautiful, although inconvenient to use.

on 3/17/2015 10:33:00 PM

The new look is much better than the old one, very chic. Even though the powder is excellent, the old packaging was cheap and ordinary. So I didn't buy it until the packaging changed.

on 10/12/2014 1:22:00 PM

I've have had a few loose powder or compact powder to set my cream foundation, but none came close to giving me something I thought could be achieved. To a point, I would thought I'm having a skin that is troubled and hard to please.

I have oily oily t zone that would require frequent blotting every few hours and the cheek and eye area that is prone to scaley dryness. It is difficult to buy a setting powder because it would either not help with my oiliness or make my skin peel. At the end of the day, my make up is always making me look tired and haggard. Not helping.

My recent visit to sephora was purely for killing time while waiting for a friend and peeping through mirrors to see my modifying oily and yet dry skin again. I came across Givenchys shelf and prism loose powder caught my eye. It says matt satin finish with illuminating effect. A quick run through on my phone and every reviews was great. I thought I must b nuts to fork out that amount for another powder tt I might kill myself on spending. I went ahead anyway. The product smells of flower, which many skin expert would advise us to steer clear from. I ignored that out of stubbornness.

My first application was that I hardly had any on. My make up was fresh and set but I don't notice powder. I tot I was not generous with the application and did one more round of puffing. The same. So stopped because i don't want to have a cake face. Looks perfect but I wasn't putting my hopes too high.

Lunch hour is nearing and I skipped to the loo to blot as usual. My face looked perfect and untouched.

Dinner came and my face was still looking fresh. I was truly amazed with my new purchase. I would do an update again soon. Till then, I've never loved a product so much before.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this in shade 1. In general, the product is delicate, not too shimmery and not cakey. It gives me a good finish and helps to hold my foundation even in a hot summer.
As my skin is oily, I was looking for something that doesn't melt on my face and helps to set my daily makeup. This products does the job.
PS: I was using Clinique loose powder before and it would melt around my lips.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Expensice but has the same quality as its cheap counterpart and better too! >>> Ben nye neutral translucent powder

on 11/26/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE 2: I have found that this works well with Bourjois foundations. Leaves the face luminous and if you use only a tiny bit, your skin will just look very healthy. Best applied with the sponge provided. Place the sponge over the holes the powder comes out of, turn it, use the lid to pat the powder around in (kinda "dust it up" in there, so it's well dispersed), pat the sponge around your face. Apply as much as needed. Note: it's winter now and a bit darker outside, which is why the sparkles don't bother me right now - they just don't show.
UPDATE: one thing I wanted to add: I have tried out other powders again and noticed one BIG ting: with most other powders my skin feels like it's suffocating, compared to this.
I don't like to say bad things about a product that so many people like, but I don't feel the same about it as most people here. I really wanted to love this, and gave it a whole 3-4 months, but unfortunately, this is not for me.
I first want to say that I don't think it's that crazily priced - it's a Givenchy product, and you get quite a lot of it for the price. If compared dollar/gram to many other products, this is not terribly expensive. The amount I used up in the time I used it suggests that I could've had one of this for about a year at least.
What I liked about it: it smells nice, it looks nice, it gives my skin a nice and fresh colour.
What I didn't like: from the reviews I thought this was going to be VERY finely milled - to me it isn't so. I'm used to - MAC's prep + prime, which REALLY is very finely milled, so this actually looked quite obvious on my skin compared to MAC's. I also have normal/dry skin, and I felt that this was drying it out - I don't like a completely matte finish, and this made my face look quite flat and dry. The last thing: I discovered that this has shimmers in it - it's one of my pet peeves with makeup! One time I had a portable mirror at hand, I took a look in it while being outside, and - I was sparkning....! Nooooo!
So now I'm left with two boxes of this powder standing on my vanity table looking pretty...
Update: this looks good on top of my Make Up For Ever Face & Body foundation, which has a very shiny finish. If I use a sponge and press this on, then sweep away excess, it looks very good... but this still doesn't work very well with my other foundations... Still want to love this :'(

on 8/25/2011 11:55:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The best powder I've ever used. I have a really oily / shiny T zone, but dry cheeks, so powders are not always good, buy somehow necessary to mattify. Even when this product does not sell as a product for oily skin or any particular type of skin, it works wonders whet it comes to matiffying, without any chalky sensation or heaviness.
One of the most amazing thing of this is the color correction properties. I am a NC25 and I use No. 3 Sweet Caramel, so it gives me some color but in a translucent way that looks lovely and last almost 8 hours.

on 5/11/2011 5:03:00 PM

I decided to buy this after seeing the comments here and I must say that it really lives up to the hype.Loose powders are one of my fav make up items,which I never finish my make up without.I love my mac- prep prime powder,mufe HD is nice,mac blot powder is great for oil control,Laura mercier is ok,MSF is a fav of mine too.I use prep prime so often but I sometimes dont feel myself totally great with it,since I don't wear full make up everyday,and it is not always the perfect choice for natural faces,just like mufe isn't either.
prisme libre is definetely everything I would dream of a setting powder.I have it in delicate beige and my experience with it:

-it is light,really truly silky and smooth.you can't look chalky with this,no matter how much you use,it makes your skin silky.

-the 4 color theory works.it is very sheer,but has a slight tint to it that works as a corrector,which makes the product special.it really helps your face to look less dull and helps you to get rid of over yellowness/pinkness that sometimes foundations create.

-it doesn't make your dry patches drier,therefore it hides them and controls oil pretty well which makes it suitable for all skin types.I am very oily in the T zone so I also use mac-blot powder.

-"delicate beige" is one of the matte shades but it has the tiniest illuminating particles in it.I usually hate shimmer on face but they are invisible while they give a nice effect.

-it has a light smell,disappears after the application.

-seems expensive but I don't think it is an issue since you are getting a pretty good amount of product.

-one thing I didn't like:the packacing.it really shouts "luxury" but a loose powder can have a larger and easier opening.

this is my first givenchy product,the brand didnt draw my attention to this day but after trying this,I really want to explore their collections! I honestly think this is one of the best products I have used to this day and definetely the best setting powder so I will buy it again and again.

on 2/6/2011 12:47:00 PM

What can I say, this truly deserves the love it gets. Yes the high rantings are absolutely deserved. I have been using this for the past 4 years, and i believe that it is the best powder out there. I have it in delicate beige and in light patel, and i love them both but light pastel suits my coloring best and has a lovely glowy texture.It looks very natural yet makes my skin look glowy and flawless (yes flawless!) I do not use foundation,only concealer and this powder over it, and people compliment my skin all the time. I will keep buying this forever.