Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

4.4

Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Fragrance), Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht.

on 8/13/2016 2:22:00 AM

I have this in 1 Harmony (Mousseline pastel). It's the color correcting one with 4 pastel shades: pink, lavender, green and blue.

This powder is very finally milled and comes packaged in a beautiful square shaped Givenchy cube. The sifter holes form the Givenchy logo - super pretty!!! There are 4 individual squares of the colors. I wish you were able to isolate which colors you want to use for whatever purpose...but I understand that the whole concept is to mix all the colours together as you apply so I digress. The cap isn't your standard twisty cap. It only twists on/off 45 degrees and then locks. Kinda strange but unique? As for the scent, I did find it was slightly scented but nothing too overbearing or pleasant. I'm sensitive to scents in general and found that this powder only had a faint scent to it.

When I first used this to set my under eye concealer, i was amazed at how it didn't settle in fine lines or emphasize dryness (I have dry skin), and just made my undereyes look flawless! It brightened up my eye area and my entire face (after being amazed at how well it did under my eyes, I then applied it to my entire face)

However, I don't find this powder controls oil very much. Perhaps it was because I only applied a little. Maybe it would control oil better if I had used more.

Overall, a fantastic product. Would I repurchase? Unfortunately not given the high price tag ($65 CAD for 0.42oz of product). While I understand that it's Givenchy so it won't be cheap, my gripe with this powder is the fact that despite having a higher price tag, there aren't any beneficial ingredients in this powder. In fact, it has some "bad for your skin" ingredients (eg. BHT) so for that reason alone, I would not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Expensice but has the same quality as its cheap counterpart and better too! >>> Ben nye neutral translucent powder

on 11/26/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE 2: I have found that this works well with Bourjois foundations. Leaves the face luminous and if you use only a tiny bit, your skin will just look very healthy. Best applied with the sponge provided. Place the sponge over the holes the powder comes out of, turn it, use the lid to pat the powder around in (kinda "dust it up" in there, so it's well dispersed), pat the sponge around your face. Apply as much as needed. Note: it's winter now and a bit darker outside, which is why the sparkles don't bother me right now - they just don't show.
UPDATE: one thing I wanted to add: I have tried out other powders again and noticed one BIG ting: with most other powders my skin feels like it's suffocating, compared to this.
I don't like to say bad things about a product that so many people like, but I don't feel the same about it as most people here. I really wanted to love this, and gave it a whole 3-4 months, but unfortunately, this is not for me.
I first want to say that I don't think it's that crazily priced - it's a Givenchy product, and you get quite a lot of it for the price. If compared dollar/gram to many other products, this is not terribly expensive. The amount I used up in the time I used it suggests that I could've had one of this for about a year at least.
What I liked about it: it smells nice, it looks nice, it gives my skin a nice and fresh colour.
What I didn't like: from the reviews I thought this was going to be VERY finely milled - to me it isn't so. I'm used to - MAC's prep + prime, which REALLY is very finely milled, so this actually looked quite obvious on my skin compared to MAC's. I also have normal/dry skin, and I felt that this was drying it out - I don't like a completely matte finish, and this made my face look quite flat and dry. The last thing: I discovered that this has shimmers in it - it's one of my pet peeves with makeup! One time I had a portable mirror at hand, I took a look in it while being outside, and - I was sparkning....! Nooooo!
So now I'm left with two boxes of this powder standing on my vanity table looking pretty...
Update: this looks good on top of my Make Up For Ever Face & Body foundation, which has a very shiny finish. If I use a sponge and press this on, then sweep away excess, it looks very good... but this still doesn't work very well with my other foundations... Still want to love this :'(

on 5/12/2011 6:17:00 PM

OMG this is my HG!!!! I love this powder. Not only it smells great!!!like grrrreart, but it gives flawless-like face!! Its very finely milled. When applyed my skin it looks not too matte, not shiny...but porcelain like....I don't know how to say, it looks very natural and perfect!!!
I came across this powder by accident on internet, ordered it without seeing it. But do not regret it at all. Being using it for over half a year, but only 1/6 of it gone...it will last for ages!!!! Worth the price!!! Would buy it again and again!!!!
Im NW15 got it in delicate beige. Suits my skintone very well!!! When I actually got to swatch light pastel and soft white they were way too light for me. Just for reference. Light pastel had shimmer in it)))

on 5/11/2011 5:03:00 PM

I decided to buy this after seeing the comments here and I must say that it really lives up to the hype.Loose powders are one of my fav make up items,which I never finish my make up without.I love my mac- prep prime powder,mufe HD is nice,mac blot powder is great for oil control,Laura mercier is ok,MSF is a fav of mine too.I use prep prime so often but I sometimes dont feel myself totally great with it,since I don't wear full make up everyday,and it is not always the perfect choice for natural faces,just like mufe isn't either.
prisme libre is definetely everything I would dream of a setting powder.I have it in delicate beige and my experience with it:

-it is light,really truly silky and smooth.you can't look chalky with this,no matter how much you use,it makes your skin silky.

-the 4 color theory works.it is very sheer,but has a slight tint to it that works as a corrector,which makes the product special.it really helps your face to look less dull and helps you to get rid of over yellowness/pinkness that sometimes foundations create.

-it doesn't make your dry patches drier,therefore it hides them and controls oil pretty well which makes it suitable for all skin types.I am very oily in the T zone so I also use mac-blot powder.

-"delicate beige" is one of the matte shades but it has the tiniest illuminating particles in it.I usually hate shimmer on face but they are invisible while they give a nice effect.

-it has a light smell,disappears after the application.

-seems expensive but I don't think it is an issue since you are getting a pretty good amount of product.

-one thing I didn't like:the packacing.it really shouts "luxury" but a loose powder can have a larger and easier opening.

this is my first givenchy product,the brand didnt draw my attention to this day but after trying this,I really want to explore their collections! I honestly think this is one of the best products I have used to this day and definetely the best setting powder so I will buy it again and again.

I own shade n.2! It's a great powder, the best powder I've ever tried!
It sets your foundation, without highlighting pores, wrinkles and skin texture in general!!! It's super light, photographs very well, doesn't wash you out as some others and to top it off it makes your skin glow from within without being a shimmering product!!!
It'on the pricier side, but if you think that for 35 euros you get 20 gr, well, it isn't that bad after all!!! Highly rec

on 11/21/2010 8:03:00 AM

Let me say: YES! IT'S THE GREATEST LOOSE POWDER! I'm not joking it's perfection! I have it in Sweet Caramel and it's perfect for medium to fair skin tone. The texture is amazing U don't feel it, U don't see it - U see just a perfect matt skin and your skin become so silky with it. I was a lit bit confused of the price BUT this staff will work for the rest of my life! I'm sure!
Good job, Givenchy!

on 8/5/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this powder in "Delicate Beige" (2)
Would I buy this product again? YES YES YES
This super fine milled powder is invisible on skin, since you see no powder particles, yet- you got a great color, silky skin and a glow, so subtle, that it seems to come from the skin itself, not the powder.
It is NOT a powder to mattify very oily skin!! I do have dry skin and use a very dewy foundation and the Acti Mine base by Givenchy that also adds glow and the powder simply sets the foundation, makes the skin dry and look picture perfect, but not extra matt.
So i would recommend this powder only to people that want a rather dewy finish. The packaging is georgous.

I think you only need a little bit of product for each application so it will last you a long time.
Also: A normal high end powder includes 10g and costs the same as this 20g Givenchy powder. So in the end you make a better deal.

on 3/22/2010 4:35:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I fell in love with this at first time i saw...lol Very unique n beautiful package that I can not find at any other brands. Its such an creation! I bought it absolutely in No.6 Fresh rose which shade helps my skin looks more dewy. Everytime i use this loose powder, i feel excited. Its fun to use, n its texture is airy, soft, super smooth, holds my make up (better so far with Prisme visage pressed powder) I do enjoy it! Will try others shades.

on 1/27/2010 12:44:00 AM

This is THE best loose powder i've ever used and i doubt i will ever change my mind. The powder particles are very fine and it doesn't look like you have any powder on your face at all (unlike some other products...) It gives you that gentle glow without making you sparkle like christmas lights.
I actually got the limited edition of this which is slightly more sparkly than the normal edition and it is still great. There really isn't much bad thing to say about this product as it comes in a beautiful packaging. There is actually alot of product in the box so price-wise, its justifiable.