Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

Filtered by hair type : Other
Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

4.8

Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Fragrance), Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht.

on 6/12/2015 3:05:00 PM

$53 USD for .42 oz. You get a lot of product at this price, and you need very little so the powder should last a very long time. I purchased Color 1 Mousseline Pastel (the blue/green/white/lavender combo); Color 2 Taffetas Beige (yellow/tan combo); and Color 7 Voile Rose (Opal/Lavender/pinks combo). The texture for the powders are very, very fine - maybe even too fine - as the powders will fly around. The case is beautiful, but the actual container is horrible and the products are very hard to use. I don't like using puffs, so what I do is, with the lid closed, flip it and tap each square lightly on the side and bottom. Flip it back, and generally most of the product should end up in the lid, not the container. I swirl the brush around the lid to mix the colors then apply. You need very little and it produces a matte texture with little glow - very nice for finishing / mattifying. What I dislike: the scent is VERY heavy; powder is drying - probably due to the silica; and I hate that you can't really control the color combination.

Also, I'm a very pale Eastern Asian skin (MAC NC20/C2 or ivory in CD), and each of the color tints distinctly showed on my face.
- For Mousseline Pastel: I like this tone as the best for my face. It worked as translucent finishing powder and added a little opalescent glow. If I'm not careful though, I think it might produce a whitish cast, so I apply it very light-handed.
-For Taffetas Beige: This looks like a bronzer on me and adds very odd clay-brick-red tone. I was VERY disappointed as I thought the yellow/lighter tones would make it perfect color for me. I'll wait until later this summer when my skin gets little darker and also experiment with contouring to see how this works out. But so far, very Meeeh.
-For Voile Rose: This was just ok by me. I can't use it as a blush since it's too pale. When used as finishing powder, I think it adds weird tone to my face. I'm hoping it'll work better as a highlighter so am in the process of experimenting. Overall, I wasn't impressed.

As true makeup junkie, I'm keeping these because (1) the containers are so gorgeous; (2) the colors in the box are Very, Very pretty; and (3) it's not a totally lost cause and hasn't broken me out yet (keeping my fingers crossed as the Givenchy version of HD powder broke me out badly and these have similar ingredients though in different proportions. However, I probably would not repurchaes if I ran out.

**UPDATE** The "taffetas beige" was just too orangey-brick - red tone on my skin, so I hacked the case to dump the darker colors and so glad I did this. If you want to try it (be sure that you REALLY want to do this, as there's no going back once the deed is done): 1) Be sure the holes on top of the container (where the powder gets shaken out) are well-sealed. I did it by cleaning with alcohol and sticking on tape. 2) Put the lid back on then, flip over to peel off the label sticker on the bottom of the case. SAVE the sticker! 3) There is a single piece of plastic that seals the holes that the powder was loaded up with under the sticker. Lift off a corner of it by inserting something sharp under it, then you can take it off. Be very careful to not spill the powders! 4) You'll end up with a single piece of plastic with four round lids that seal each of the separate compartments. Cut this up so that you have 4 separate "lids" for each of the compartments. 5) I sealed up the colors that I wanted to actually use and shook out the other colors that I didn't want. 6) Put the lids back on then the sticker on top to ensure a good seal on the bottom. I'm so much happier with the product now that I can actually use it!

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love the powder, it's setting my make up for the whole day. The packaging is pretty beautiful, although inconvenient to use.

This is the best powder I have ever used, and I have used a lot!! I have both the Delicate Beige and the Rose colors, and I love them both. I just wish they were easier to find here in the USA. If anyone knows an easy place to find them, let me know!!

on 1/30/2011 10:48:00 PM

This powder is very finely milled with a pleasant scent. I'm NC 25 and No.2 is what I have, although a little bit too light when first applied. The packaging is very cute on my counter top. I liked it before I got my MAC mineralized skin finish in light medium. I feel MAC does the same thing but in a less messy package and much cheaper. I would recommend MAC MSF if you're looking for a natural, simple and affordable finishing powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best Looser Powder ever.
I love this!I mattes and makes me glowy(i always this was impossible).There are very subtle shimmers(no glittler or chalky shimmer) that i don't notice.I use in #2 Delicate Beige.It is expensive(60 USD),but lasts forever.There are four shades that mix themselves when it is applied. I like to use this with my Mac #150 brush to set the foundation. The package is pretty and the finish is perfect,very silky and smooth. I recommend this.

on 3/6/2010 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

One of the best powders I have used! I have it in shade Nr.2 - delicate beige - great, neutral shade. The powder is mattifying, feels very comfortable on skin. Face looks just great!
I think the packaging is unique, beautiful, but not very comfortable to use.

on 12/3/2009 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Reviewing: Soft White (No. 5) and Light Pastel (No. 1).

HG! This is one of those beauty products that you will never ever replace, has been a wonder with every application.

The product: very thin loose powder, the powder particles are smaller than in any other loose powder Ive tried. The product almost vanishes after application because it looks so natural on the skin- like they say on the Givenchy website Transparency. Yet, the skin looks radiant and even- like your own skin, only so much better. I apply it alone (over moisturizer) or over foundation (which makes the coverage look much more natural) and it lasts all day. The coverage is very sheer, but somehow manages to cover everything I need it to cover. My pores look especially good.

The packaging: Best ever, I hated loose powders because of the mess- which doesnt exist with this product. You get a beautiful Givenchy square case, which looks so good that I want to carry it around and look at it all the time. The inside is where the trick is: the powder is made of four different shades which are combined into the perfect single shade. Each shade is packed separately into its own little square. The squares are fused together and each one has a G shape on top (made of tiny holes). This makes the powder come out of the box with no mess at all- and the puff is very good, no brush needed.

CONS: expensive, but worth it since it will last you for at LEAST a year (I used mine everyday for the past 6 months and its not even half waymagic). Also, it has very tiny shimmer particles in it. I didnt notice them at first because they arent too vivid when applied over foundation. However, they are visible on simply moisturized skin. The shimmer if subtle and like the powder- its very fine and gives you a dewy (not at all shiny!) look. It also kind of disappears after around 2 hours into the day, so no big deal. Last con, it may be a bit too drying for winter, so just use a better moisturizer (its not the powders fault)

Conclusion: I love it (in both shades) and will buy it over and over again.

on 11/12/2009 2:28:00 AM

Amazing product. Great texture, great colour, great packaging, great lasting power. It's a joy to apply. Got this in Fresh Rose thanks to the recommendation from my BA and it leaves me with a radiant face, so much so that I can even forgo my blusher. Absolutely love it!

The first and the best loose powder that i have. I also try new one but none of them can beat this GIVENCHY loose powder. I love its color and the smell of flower. The texture is very soft and high quality. PERFECT ( too expensive though)