Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

4.2

Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Fragrance), Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht.

on 11/26/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE 2: I have found that this works well with Bourjois foundations. Leaves the face luminous and if you use only a tiny bit, your skin will just look very healthy. Best applied with the sponge provided. Place the sponge over the holes the powder comes out of, turn it, use the lid to pat the powder around in (kinda "dust it up" in there, so it's well dispersed), pat the sponge around your face. Apply as much as needed. Note: it's winter now and a bit darker outside, which is why the sparkles don't bother me right now - they just don't show.
UPDATE: one thing I wanted to add: I have tried out other powders again and noticed one BIG ting: with most other powders my skin feels like it's suffocating, compared to this.
I don't like to say bad things about a product that so many people like, but I don't feel the same about it as most people here. I really wanted to love this, and gave it a whole 3-4 months, but unfortunately, this is not for me.
I first want to say that I don't think it's that crazily priced - it's a Givenchy product, and you get quite a lot of it for the price. If compared dollar/gram to many other products, this is not terribly expensive. The amount I used up in the time I used it suggests that I could've had one of this for about a year at least.
What I liked about it: it smells nice, it looks nice, it gives my skin a nice and fresh colour.
What I didn't like: from the reviews I thought this was going to be VERY finely milled - to me it isn't so. I'm used to - MAC's prep + prime, which REALLY is very finely milled, so this actually looked quite obvious on my skin compared to MAC's. I also have normal/dry skin, and I felt that this was drying it out - I don't like a completely matte finish, and this made my face look quite flat and dry. The last thing: I discovered that this has shimmers in it - it's one of my pet peeves with makeup! One time I had a portable mirror at hand, I took a look in it while being outside, and - I was sparkning....! Nooooo!
So now I'm left with two boxes of this powder standing on my vanity table looking pretty...
Update: this looks good on top of my Make Up For Ever Face & Body foundation, which has a very shiny finish. If I use a sponge and press this on, then sweep away excess, it looks very good... but this still doesn't work very well with my other foundations... Still want to love this :'(

on 8/5/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this powder in "Delicate Beige" (2)
Would I buy this product again? YES YES YES
This super fine milled powder is invisible on skin, since you see no powder particles, yet- you got a great color, silky skin and a glow, so subtle, that it seems to come from the skin itself, not the powder.
It is NOT a powder to mattify very oily skin!! I do have dry skin and use a very dewy foundation and the Acti Mine base by Givenchy that also adds glow and the powder simply sets the foundation, makes the skin dry and look picture perfect, but not extra matt.
So i would recommend this powder only to people that want a rather dewy finish. The packaging is georgous.

I think you only need a little bit of product for each application so it will last you a long time.
Also: A normal high end powder includes 10g and costs the same as this 20g Givenchy powder. So in the end you make a better deal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The best loose powder I have had so far.It is very light and almost invisible but evens out my skin tone and covers the enlarged pores nicely while adding a subtle glow. I use it on top of clinique pore minimiser, as when I use it over foundation my face gets shiny very soon. I just wish it worked for my oily t-zone a bit better, and an spf would have been nice.

on 12/3/2009 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Reviewing: Soft White (No. 5) and Light Pastel (No. 1).

HG! This is one of those beauty products that you will never ever replace, has been a wonder with every application.

The product: very thin loose powder, the powder particles are smaller than in any other loose powder Ive tried. The product almost vanishes after application because it looks so natural on the skin- like they say on the Givenchy website Transparency. Yet, the skin looks radiant and even- like your own skin, only so much better. I apply it alone (over moisturizer) or over foundation (which makes the coverage look much more natural) and it lasts all day. The coverage is very sheer, but somehow manages to cover everything I need it to cover. My pores look especially good.

The packaging: Best ever, I hated loose powders because of the mess- which doesnt exist with this product. You get a beautiful Givenchy square case, which looks so good that I want to carry it around and look at it all the time. The inside is where the trick is: the powder is made of four different shades which are combined into the perfect single shade. Each shade is packed separately into its own little square. The squares are fused together and each one has a G shape on top (made of tiny holes). This makes the powder come out of the box with no mess at all- and the puff is very good, no brush needed.

CONS: expensive, but worth it since it will last you for at LEAST a year (I used mine everyday for the past 6 months and its not even half waymagic). Also, it has very tiny shimmer particles in it. I didnt notice them at first because they arent too vivid when applied over foundation. However, they are visible on simply moisturized skin. The shimmer if subtle and like the powder- its very fine and gives you a dewy (not at all shiny!) look. It also kind of disappears after around 2 hours into the day, so no big deal. Last con, it may be a bit too drying for winter, so just use a better moisturizer (its not the powders fault)

Conclusion: I love it (in both shades) and will buy it over and over again.

I was talked into buying this by the Givency SA when I was lemming one of their blushes which was sold out - she recommended this powder in Sweet Caramel or Fresh Rose to add a healthy tint to my cheeks - but I was after more impact from a proper blush! Anyway - she tested these colours on the back of my hands, and I fell in love with the super-fine texture. It was so fine and silky soft that it sunk into my hands immediately, and made them look so unbelievably smooth and soft! Since my loose powder was beginning to run out I decided to buy a shade closer to my skin colour (MAC nc25-30) for setting liquid foundation. Delicious beige is a pretty close match - I shake some on to the small puff that's included, then dab a large powder brush on to the puff to pick up a light layer of powder. I buff this on top of foundation and the tiny shimmers blend into my skin to form a lovely invisible glow without emphasizing my crater-sized pores. My skin tends to get a little oily by about lunch-time (combo/sensitive/acne-prone skin) and this doesn't really prevent the oilies, so I carry blotting paper for touch-ups (I've found that powders that mattify and prevent oiliness also tend to dehydrate my skin, so I stear away from those).
The packaging is fairly bulky, as it's made up of 4 individual cube containers, so you actually don't get as much product as you would from a usual container of that size. You get a small puff that sits on top of the combined sifter, so you if wanted to use only 1 or 2 of the powders, you would have to dip your brush on the area of the puff that picks up that colour (bearing in mind that the puff isn't always replaced on the sifter in the same position), or cover the holes distributing the colours that you don't wish to use. Having said that the packaging is very glam and totally covetable! Delicious Beige consists of 2 yellow-toned beige powders, plus 2 blue-toned powders in light pink and lavendar. Bought this from Debenhams (UK stores) for GBP27.00 on promotion ((usual price GBP30.00).

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've used the Prisme Again in Chic White for ages and love it - it's my HG pressed powder so I was so excited when the loose powder version was launched.
I was a bit disappointed that the colour options where different to the pressed (so no chic white) but decided to try the 'light pastel' loose version (I am SUPER pale!).

LOVE this powder! Its so finely milled and fine - it sets make up with out looking powdered and also if you use on its own it evens out your skin tone and adds a soft focus finish.
Its doesn't cake and works well with the pressed powder if you need to touch up your makeup in the day (my skin is combination but I can get oily on my chin especially on warm days but I only need to touch up once or twice a day to take me through the evening if I'm going out.)
It gives a soft, sheer finish that takes away shine without making you look too matt. I will definitely re-purchase this one!!

Update - sadly my normally tolerant skin began to react to this so I have had to stop using it. My skin began to feel a little dry then flaked and eventually developed eczema before I realised this was the product causing the issue. So I have taken off some lippies for this reason. Having looked at the ingredients on Sephora.com it seems the first ingredient is used as a pesticide and is listed as toxic to humans and carcinogenic! (Googled it), plus there is nylon and various other potentially irritating ingredients. Still if your skin is more robust than mine it does deliver all I listed previously. I have now moved onto Dr Hauschkas loose powder which has helped heal my skin.