Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

4.8

Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Fragrance), Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht.

on 5/3/2015 9:11:00 AM

Prisme Libre Mousseline Pastel
100% translucent, no colour alteration, no white/powdery look after dusting it on, extremely thin veil that's good for setting/mattifying (e.g. after applying anything gives a dewy shine on the face like foundation/moisturiser/sunscreen/light concealer). It gives you this "just after washing face" shine free but yet NOT powder matte look.

It's zero coverage (so don't expect it to cover any spots etc), doesn't settle into lines nor show after dusting. Probably good for mature skin that tends to be dry and want a very very light powder after liquid/cream foundation. Or those who just got to dust with loose powder before heading out.

Insignificant/unnoticeable oxidation. I can't see any grey cast. Good control of shine despite its makeup function as a loose powder (i.e. setting makeup). I only had this soft shine/glow on forehead despite having t-zone oily skin after 10 hrs. I had used numerous full coverage and highly mattifying liquid/compact foundations but they all shine, and oxidise, a lot more than this loose powder! I've got sensitive skin and it doesn't clog despite me dusting on after sunscreen.

What I didn't like is only the packaging and its way of application (I'm a bit of a hygiene freak) but can't figure how to use it with a brush without spilling the powder.

First buy, and first also for a loose powder, and definitely worth it. No powders had impressed me enough for me to pay for such a price tag (compact or loose). Expensive as compared to drug store brands but comparable to other major brands (e.g. Dior, Chanel, Lancome etc). I've seen my friends' face looking white using loose powders of other brands (drug store/major brands).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this in shade 1. In general, the product is delicate, not too shimmery and not cakey. It gives me a good finish and helps to hold my foundation even in a hot summer.
As my skin is oily, I was looking for something that doesn't melt on my face and helps to set my daily makeup. This products does the job.
PS: I was using Clinique loose powder before and it would melt around my lips.

I got this product at about $60USD after my friend recommended it. She touted it as "the best loose powder you'll EVER use". And so I bought it in the shade "Soft white" cause i'm quite pale, but not pale enough to use the lightest Pastel shade.

At first when the SA encouraged me to get it in this shade I wasn't really keen because I was looking for something that wouldn't make me look ghastly pale. Soft White sounded ike it would make me ghastly pale. ):

BUT it didn't!!! The four colours blended together PERFECTLY to give me a glowing complexion. It feels like.. second skin. I swear it's the only loose powder I will ever use. Besides, the packaging is TO-DIE-FOR pretty. My only complaints are that it doesn't really control oil very well and it's rather difficult to get the product out cuz of the tiny holes that form Givenchy's logo.

Overall, a fabulous loose powder that makes your skin absolutely GLOW. There's VERY subtle shimmer inside that's visible when you scrutinize your face. So don't worry about it being "glittery". I'm going to try the pressed powder next! Cuz i need a compact that I can use for touchup on the go! :)

on 6/27/2009 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

simply amazing!! i use it over my moisturizer n sunscreen it looks amazing n my face stays fresh through out the day..works superb with foundation and TM..love it!! would def repurchase.