Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

4.6

Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Fragrance), Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht.

on 1/26/2013 5:35:00 PM

It's too dry for dry skin, same as all other powder products which will give a cakey face. I wouldn't recommend it to any people with dry skin like me. Also it has too much sparkles that doesn't look natural. I'm giving mine away.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Expensice but has the same quality as its cheap counterpart and better too! >>> Ben nye neutral translucent powder

I am returning this today along with the foundation. This is not for people with dry skin. It made me look cakey. But the reason I gave it only 3 stars is for the packaging. If you do not plan to use a powder brush then it is hard to mix the powders together to apply to your face. And the smell is very strong.

on 8/24/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in shade 3 - sweet caramel and whilst I find that upon application my skin is soft and has a nice finish to it, usually around 4-6 hrs later, it oxidises on my skin and leaves it looking muddy and oily. I normally use clinique's blended face powder and i will continue using that instead! Its such a shame cos givenchy's packaging and texture is lovely!

on 11/26/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE 2: I have found that this works well with Bourjois foundations. Leaves the face luminous and if you use only a tiny bit, your skin will just look very healthy. Best applied with the sponge provided. Place the sponge over the holes the powder comes out of, turn it, use the lid to pat the powder around in (kinda "dust it up" in there, so it's well dispersed), pat the sponge around your face. Apply as much as needed. Note: it's winter now and a bit darker outside, which is why the sparkles don't bother me right now - they just don't show.
UPDATE: one thing I wanted to add: I have tried out other powders again and noticed one BIG ting: with most other powders my skin feels like it's suffocating, compared to this.
I don't like to say bad things about a product that so many people like, but I don't feel the same about it as most people here. I really wanted to love this, and gave it a whole 3-4 months, but unfortunately, this is not for me.
I first want to say that I don't think it's that crazily priced - it's a Givenchy product, and you get quite a lot of it for the price. If compared dollar/gram to many other products, this is not terribly expensive. The amount I used up in the time I used it suggests that I could've had one of this for about a year at least.
What I liked about it: it smells nice, it looks nice, it gives my skin a nice and fresh colour.
What I didn't like: from the reviews I thought this was going to be VERY finely milled - to me it isn't so. I'm used to - MAC's prep + prime, which REALLY is very finely milled, so this actually looked quite obvious on my skin compared to MAC's. I also have normal/dry skin, and I felt that this was drying it out - I don't like a completely matte finish, and this made my face look quite flat and dry. The last thing: I discovered that this has shimmers in it - it's one of my pet peeves with makeup! One time I had a portable mirror at hand, I took a look in it while being outside, and - I was sparkning....! Nooooo!
So now I'm left with two boxes of this powder standing on my vanity table looking pretty...
Update: this looks good on top of my Make Up For Ever Face & Body foundation, which has a very shiny finish. If I use a sponge and press this on, then sweep away excess, it looks very good... but this still doesn't work very well with my other foundations... Still want to love this :'(

on 7/24/2011 8:11:00 AM

"Delicate Beige" looked very average on my pale skin. Made it almost look ruddy, or like a really bland inadequate blush used all over. It just did not work for me. Maybe I needed a different shade but ordered this shade, just guessing what might work without having the benefit of trying it on. I really need a yellow-based, more matt powder. Cost $84 + shipping in Australia. Thankfully I got refund for the product from Myer. For reference I use Lancome Color Ideal foundation in I-30(N) and Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Transparent (use it with fluffy brush). I really thought this might be my HG but was disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've used the Prisme Again in Chic White for ages and love it - it's my HG pressed powder so I was so excited when the loose powder version was launched.
I was a bit disappointed that the colour options where different to the pressed (so no chic white) but decided to try the 'light pastel' loose version (I am SUPER pale!).

LOVE this powder! Its so finely milled and fine - it sets make up with out looking powdered and also if you use on its own it evens out your skin tone and adds a soft focus finish.
Its doesn't cake and works well with the pressed powder if you need to touch up your makeup in the day (my skin is combination but I can get oily on my chin especially on warm days but I only need to touch up once or twice a day to take me through the evening if I'm going out.)
It gives a soft, sheer finish that takes away shine without making you look too matt. I will definitely re-purchase this one!!

Update - sadly my normally tolerant skin began to react to this so I have had to stop using it. My skin began to feel a little dry then flaked and eventually developed eczema before I realised this was the product causing the issue. So I have taken off some lippies for this reason. Having looked at the ingredients on Sephora.com it seems the first ingredient is used as a pesticide and is listed as toxic to humans and carcinogenic! (Googled it), plus there is nylon and various other potentially irritating ingredients. Still if your skin is more robust than mine it does deliver all I listed previously. I have now moved onto Dr Hauschkas loose powder which has helped heal my skin.

on 8/13/2016 2:22:00 AM

I have this in 1 Harmony (Mousseline pastel). It's the color correcting one with 4 pastel shades: pink, lavender, green and blue.

This powder is very finally milled and comes packaged in a beautiful square shaped Givenchy cube. The sifter holes form the Givenchy logo - super pretty!!! There are 4 individual squares of the colors. I wish you were able to isolate which colors you want to use for whatever purpose...but I understand that the whole concept is to mix all the colours together as you apply so I digress. The cap isn't your standard twisty cap. It only twists on/off 45 degrees and then locks. Kinda strange but unique? As for the scent, I did find it was slightly scented but nothing too overbearing or pleasant. I'm sensitive to scents in general and found that this powder only had a faint scent to it.

When I first used this to set my under eye concealer, i was amazed at how it didn't settle in fine lines or emphasize dryness (I have dry skin), and just made my undereyes look flawless! It brightened up my eye area and my entire face (after being amazed at how well it did under my eyes, I then applied it to my entire face)

However, I don't find this powder controls oil very much. Perhaps it was because I only applied a little. Maybe it would control oil better if I had used more.

Overall, a fantastic product. Would I repurchase? Unfortunately not given the high price tag ($65 CAD for 0.42oz of product). While I understand that it's Givenchy so it won't be cheap, my gripe with this powder is the fact that despite having a higher price tag, there aren't any beneficial ingredients in this powder. In fact, it has some "bad for your skin" ingredients (eg. BHT) so for that reason alone, I would not repurchase.

on 6/12/2015 3:05:00 PM

$53 USD for .42 oz. You get a lot of product at this price, and you need very little so the powder should last a very long time. I purchased Color 1 Mousseline Pastel (the blue/green/white/lavender combo); Color 2 Taffetas Beige (yellow/tan combo); and Color 7 Voile Rose (Opal/Lavender/pinks combo). The texture for the powders are very, very fine - maybe even too fine - as the powders will fly around. The case is beautiful, but the actual container is horrible and the products are very hard to use. I don't like using puffs, so what I do is, with the lid closed, flip it and tap each square lightly on the side and bottom. Flip it back, and generally most of the product should end up in the lid, not the container. I swirl the brush around the lid to mix the colors then apply. You need very little and it produces a matte texture with little glow - very nice for finishing / mattifying. What I dislike: the scent is VERY heavy; powder is drying - probably due to the silica; and I hate that you can't really control the color combination.

Also, I'm a very pale Eastern Asian skin (MAC NC20/C2 or ivory in CD), and each of the color tints distinctly showed on my face.
- For Mousseline Pastel: I like this tone as the best for my face. It worked as translucent finishing powder and added a little opalescent glow. If I'm not careful though, I think it might produce a whitish cast, so I apply it very light-handed.
-For Taffetas Beige: This looks like a bronzer on me and adds very odd clay-brick-red tone. I was VERY disappointed as I thought the yellow/lighter tones would make it perfect color for me. I'll wait until later this summer when my skin gets little darker and also experiment with contouring to see how this works out. But so far, very Meeeh.
-For Voile Rose: This was just ok by me. I can't use it as a blush since it's too pale. When used as finishing powder, I think it adds weird tone to my face. I'm hoping it'll work better as a highlighter so am in the process of experimenting. Overall, I wasn't impressed.

As true makeup junkie, I'm keeping these because (1) the containers are so gorgeous; (2) the colors in the box are Very, Very pretty; and (3) it's not a totally lost cause and hasn't broken me out yet (keeping my fingers crossed as the Givenchy version of HD powder broke me out badly and these have similar ingredients though in different proportions. However, I probably would not repurchaes if I ran out.

**UPDATE** The "taffetas beige" was just too orangey-brick - red tone on my skin, so I hacked the case to dump the darker colors and so glad I did this. If you want to try it (be sure that you REALLY want to do this, as there's no going back once the deed is done): 1) Be sure the holes on top of the container (where the powder gets shaken out) are well-sealed. I did it by cleaning with alcohol and sticking on tape. 2) Put the lid back on then, flip over to peel off the label sticker on the bottom of the case. SAVE the sticker! 3) There is a single piece of plastic that seals the holes that the powder was loaded up with under the sticker. Lift off a corner of it by inserting something sharp under it, then you can take it off. Be very careful to not spill the powders! 4) You'll end up with a single piece of plastic with four round lids that seal each of the separate compartments. Cut this up so that you have 4 separate "lids" for each of the compartments. 5) I sealed up the colors that I wanted to actually use and shook out the other colors that I didn't want. 6) Put the lids back on then the sticker on top to ensure a good seal on the bottom. I'm so much happier with the product now that I can actually use it!

on 5/3/2015 9:11:00 AM

Prisme Libre Mousseline Pastel
100% translucent, no colour alteration, no white/powdery look after dusting it on, extremely thin veil that's good for setting/mattifying (e.g. after applying anything gives a dewy shine on the face like foundation/moisturiser/sunscreen/light concealer). It gives you this "just after washing face" shine free but yet NOT powder matte look.

It's zero coverage (so don't expect it to cover any spots etc), doesn't settle into lines nor show after dusting. Probably good for mature skin that tends to be dry and want a very very light powder after liquid/cream foundation. Or those who just got to dust with loose powder before heading out.

Insignificant/unnoticeable oxidation. I can't see any grey cast. Good control of shine despite its makeup function as a loose powder (i.e. setting makeup). I only had this soft shine/glow on forehead despite having t-zone oily skin after 10 hrs. I had used numerous full coverage and highly mattifying liquid/compact foundations but they all shine, and oxidise, a lot more than this loose powder! I've got sensitive skin and it doesn't clog despite me dusting on after sunscreen.

What I didn't like is only the packaging and its way of application (I'm a bit of a hygiene freak) but can't figure how to use it with a brush without spilling the powder.

First buy, and first also for a loose powder, and definitely worth it. No powders had impressed me enough for me to pay for such a price tag (compact or loose). Expensive as compared to drug store brands but comparable to other major brands (e.g. Dior, Chanel, Lancome etc). I've seen my friends' face looking white using loose powders of other brands (drug store/major brands).