Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

4.6

Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Fragrance), Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht.

on 6/12/2015 3:05:00 PM

$53 USD for .42 oz. You get a lot of product at this price, and you need very little so the powder should last a very long time. I purchased Color 1 Mousseline Pastel (the blue/green/white/lavender combo); Color 2 Taffetas Beige (yellow/tan combo); and Color 7 Voile Rose (Opal/Lavender/pinks combo). The texture for the powders are very, very fine - maybe even too fine - as the powders will fly around. The case is beautiful, but the actual container is horrible and the products are very hard to use. I don't like using puffs, so what I do is, with the lid closed, flip it and tap each square lightly on the side and bottom. Flip it back, and generally most of the product should end up in the lid, not the container. I swirl the brush around the lid to mix the colors then apply. You need very little and it produces a matte texture with little glow - very nice for finishing / mattifying. What I dislike: the scent is VERY heavy; powder is drying - probably due to the silica; and I hate that you can't really control the color combination.

Also, I'm a very pale Eastern Asian skin (MAC NC20/C2 or ivory in CD), and each of the color tints distinctly showed on my face.
- For Mousseline Pastel: I like this tone as the best for my face. It worked as translucent finishing powder and added a little opalescent glow. If I'm not careful though, I think it might produce a whitish cast, so I apply it very light-handed.
-For Taffetas Beige: This looks like a bronzer on me and adds very odd clay-brick-red tone. I was VERY disappointed as I thought the yellow/lighter tones would make it perfect color for me. I'll wait until later this summer when my skin gets little darker and also experiment with contouring to see how this works out. But so far, very Meeeh.
-For Voile Rose: This was just ok by me. I can't use it as a blush since it's too pale. When used as finishing powder, I think it adds weird tone to my face. I'm hoping it'll work better as a highlighter so am in the process of experimenting. Overall, I wasn't impressed.

As true makeup junkie, I'm keeping these because (1) the containers are so gorgeous; (2) the colors in the box are Very, Very pretty; and (3) it's not a totally lost cause and hasn't broken me out yet (keeping my fingers crossed as the Givenchy version of HD powder broke me out badly and these have similar ingredients though in different proportions. However, I probably would not repurchaes if I ran out.

**UPDATE** The "taffetas beige" was just too orangey-brick - red tone on my skin, so I hacked the case to dump the darker colors and so glad I did this. If you want to try it (be sure that you REALLY want to do this, as there's no going back once the deed is done): 1) Be sure the holes on top of the container (where the powder gets shaken out) are well-sealed. I did it by cleaning with alcohol and sticking on tape. 2) Put the lid back on then, flip over to peel off the label sticker on the bottom of the case. SAVE the sticker! 3) There is a single piece of plastic that seals the holes that the powder was loaded up with under the sticker. Lift off a corner of it by inserting something sharp under it, then you can take it off. Be very careful to not spill the powders! 4) You'll end up with a single piece of plastic with four round lids that seal each of the separate compartments. Cut this up so that you have 4 separate "lids" for each of the compartments. 5) I sealed up the colors that I wanted to actually use and shook out the other colors that I didn't want. 6) Put the lids back on then the sticker on top to ensure a good seal on the bottom. I'm so much happier with the product now that I can actually use it!

on 10/12/2014 1:22:00 PM

I've have had a few loose powder or compact powder to set my cream foundation, but none came close to giving me something I thought could be achieved. To a point, I would thought I'm having a skin that is troubled and hard to please.

I have oily oily t zone that would require frequent blotting every few hours and the cheek and eye area that is prone to scaley dryness. It is difficult to buy a setting powder because it would either not help with my oiliness or make my skin peel. At the end of the day, my make up is always making me look tired and haggard. Not helping.

My recent visit to sephora was purely for killing time while waiting for a friend and peeping through mirrors to see my modifying oily and yet dry skin again. I came across Givenchys shelf and prism loose powder caught my eye. It says matt satin finish with illuminating effect. A quick run through on my phone and every reviews was great. I thought I must b nuts to fork out that amount for another powder tt I might kill myself on spending. I went ahead anyway. The product smells of flower, which many skin expert would advise us to steer clear from. I ignored that out of stubbornness.

My first application was that I hardly had any on. My make up was fresh and set but I don't notice powder. I tot I was not generous with the application and did one more round of puffing. The same. So stopped because i don't want to have a cake face. Looks perfect but I wasn't putting my hopes too high.

Lunch hour is nearing and I skipped to the loo to blot as usual. My face looked perfect and untouched.

Dinner came and my face was still looking fresh. I was truly amazed with my new purchase. I would do an update again soon. Till then, I've never loved a product so much before.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've used the Prisme Again in Chic White for ages and love it - it's my HG pressed powder so I was so excited when the loose powder version was launched.
I was a bit disappointed that the colour options where different to the pressed (so no chic white) but decided to try the 'light pastel' loose version (I am SUPER pale!).

LOVE this powder! Its so finely milled and fine - it sets make up with out looking powdered and also if you use on its own it evens out your skin tone and adds a soft focus finish.
Its doesn't cake and works well with the pressed powder if you need to touch up your makeup in the day (my skin is combination but I can get oily on my chin especially on warm days but I only need to touch up once or twice a day to take me through the evening if I'm going out.)
It gives a soft, sheer finish that takes away shine without making you look too matt. I will definitely re-purchase this one!!

Update - sadly my normally tolerant skin began to react to this so I have had to stop using it. My skin began to feel a little dry then flaked and eventually developed eczema before I realised this was the product causing the issue. So I have taken off some lippies for this reason. Having looked at the ingredients on Sephora.com it seems the first ingredient is used as a pesticide and is listed as toxic to humans and carcinogenic! (Googled it), plus there is nylon and various other potentially irritating ingredients. Still if your skin is more robust than mine it does deliver all I listed previously. I have now moved onto Dr Hauschkas loose powder which has helped heal my skin.

on 11/26/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE 2: I have found that this works well with Bourjois foundations. Leaves the face luminous and if you use only a tiny bit, your skin will just look very healthy. Best applied with the sponge provided. Place the sponge over the holes the powder comes out of, turn it, use the lid to pat the powder around in (kinda "dust it up" in there, so it's well dispersed), pat the sponge around your face. Apply as much as needed. Note: it's winter now and a bit darker outside, which is why the sparkles don't bother me right now - they just don't show.
UPDATE: one thing I wanted to add: I have tried out other powders again and noticed one BIG ting: with most other powders my skin feels like it's suffocating, compared to this.
I don't like to say bad things about a product that so many people like, but I don't feel the same about it as most people here. I really wanted to love this, and gave it a whole 3-4 months, but unfortunately, this is not for me.
I first want to say that I don't think it's that crazily priced - it's a Givenchy product, and you get quite a lot of it for the price. If compared dollar/gram to many other products, this is not terribly expensive. The amount I used up in the time I used it suggests that I could've had one of this for about a year at least.
What I liked about it: it smells nice, it looks nice, it gives my skin a nice and fresh colour.
What I didn't like: from the reviews I thought this was going to be VERY finely milled - to me it isn't so. I'm used to - MAC's prep + prime, which REALLY is very finely milled, so this actually looked quite obvious on my skin compared to MAC's. I also have normal/dry skin, and I felt that this was drying it out - I don't like a completely matte finish, and this made my face look quite flat and dry. The last thing: I discovered that this has shimmers in it - it's one of my pet peeves with makeup! One time I had a portable mirror at hand, I took a look in it while being outside, and - I was sparkning....! Nooooo!
So now I'm left with two boxes of this powder standing on my vanity table looking pretty...
Update: this looks good on top of my Make Up For Ever Face & Body foundation, which has a very shiny finish. If I use a sponge and press this on, then sweep away excess, it looks very good... but this still doesn't work very well with my other foundations... Still want to love this :'(

I was talked into buying this by the Givency SA when I was lemming one of their blushes which was sold out - she recommended this powder in Sweet Caramel or Fresh Rose to add a healthy tint to my cheeks - but I was after more impact from a proper blush! Anyway - she tested these colours on the back of my hands, and I fell in love with the super-fine texture. It was so fine and silky soft that it sunk into my hands immediately, and made them look so unbelievably smooth and soft! Since my loose powder was beginning to run out I decided to buy a shade closer to my skin colour (MAC nc25-30) for setting liquid foundation. Delicious beige is a pretty close match - I shake some on to the small puff that's included, then dab a large powder brush on to the puff to pick up a light layer of powder. I buff this on top of foundation and the tiny shimmers blend into my skin to form a lovely invisible glow without emphasizing my crater-sized pores. My skin tends to get a little oily by about lunch-time (combo/sensitive/acne-prone skin) and this doesn't really prevent the oilies, so I carry blotting paper for touch-ups (I've found that powders that mattify and prevent oiliness also tend to dehydrate my skin, so I stear away from those).
The packaging is fairly bulky, as it's made up of 4 individual cube containers, so you actually don't get as much product as you would from a usual container of that size. You get a small puff that sits on top of the combined sifter, so you if wanted to use only 1 or 2 of the powders, you would have to dip your brush on the area of the puff that picks up that colour (bearing in mind that the puff isn't always replaced on the sifter in the same position), or cover the holes distributing the colours that you don't wish to use. Having said that the packaging is very glam and totally covetable! Delicious Beige consists of 2 yellow-toned beige powders, plus 2 blue-toned powders in light pink and lavendar. Bought this from Debenhams (UK stores) for GBP27.00 on promotion ((usual price GBP30.00).

on 10/20/2015 9:25:00 AM

I've been using this powder for a long time now and I love it. I own Voile Rose #7 and it makes my skin look so even toned and luminous. It also helps minimize small imperfections and it gives my skin a matte finish without being overly matte. I apply over my foundation to even out my skin. The packaging can make it hard to use. So I use the puff to keep the product from going everywhere. When I use it I remove the puff and tip it over into the cap. A mix of all 4 shades falls into the cap. I then use a stipple brush or a powder brush to buff this in. It makes my skin look so even and it's like my skin but better.

I've had this product at least 2 years now and it barely looks like I made a dent in it. It doesn't look sparkly on my skin either. More like a glow or halo effect I get from this product. I like to apply my blush over this and it goes on so smooth. I really like this product because it makes my skin look even. I like this powder for no makeup makeup as well. When I put it on it blends so well you almost can't see it. It makes my skin look so fresh and glowey. I also have to say this product lasts forever! You only need the smallest amount and it smells divine. It just makes my skin look so good and fresh. I wouldn't be without this powder. Recommended!

Update: 8-18-16

I also purchased the Mousseline Pastel and love that as well! It doesn't have shimmer and yet it balances my skin and gives it a luminous glow. I love applying it alone or to set my foundation my blush goes on so much smoother. My skin looks clear and it does subtly colour correct. It definitely gets rid of shine but it doesn't over dry my combo skin. How I use these are I take out the puff hold the lid and tap once. This gives me a small amount of all 4 colours I then use a stipple brush to buff it in. I also still have plenty of the Rose Voille left so for the price these products do last ages. It has a lovely scent and I want to purchase the one with the beige tones next. Still recommended in my book because a little goes a long way and it does make the skin look beautiful. :)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in shade 4 tender sun. First off, the packaging is lovely. It has the Givenchy symbol in a pretty pink on the top. I know it shouldnt matter, but I am a stickler for nice and pretty packaging, it makes the product more appealing to use.
It has 4 different chambers with different colors. With this shade I have, there are 3 variations of bronze ranging from light to darker and one pink. When mixed together on the face they produce a very pretty fresh sun color. Its totally true to the name of this shade " tender sun" , as it looks like you have been in the sun just that day and have that bronzey just ever so slightly pink tanned face.
I am queen of the bronzers. Having a medium complexion, using sunless tanners and tanning beds, I love to accentuate my tan with bronzers and I have tried almost every one on the market, seriously. My fave bronzers are still too faced, their bronzers work the best with my skintone and their aqua bunny waterproof bronzer is awesome! This runs a close second for me.
Now for my 2 oldest daughters who are in pageants and competitive dance, this is the best!!
The color is great for them. They have a lighter coloring then I do from my hubby, we do apply sunless tanner for pageants and dance, but they still arent as dark as I am. This bronzer accenuates and deepens their tans without being fake or unbelievable. The touch of pink actually makes their tans look more natural like they have been in the sun. I use this on their faces and shoulders, chest neck etc. They are children so naturally their skin is much more delicate than an adult would be, so that is always a concern with any product I apply to them. We have been using this consistantly for a good while now with no breakouts or rashes. Its also perfect for any type of performimg because it gives a slight mattifying effect that helps the longevity of makeup application and keep down " shiny face". That said, it does not in any way leave the face dull. It is very glowy, just not dewey. We will definately continue to purchase this product!

on 5/12/2011 6:17:00 PM

OMG this is my HG!!!! I love this powder. Not only it smells great!!!like grrrreart, but it gives flawless-like face!! Its very finely milled. When applyed my skin it looks not too matte, not shiny...but porcelain like....I don't know how to say, it looks very natural and perfect!!!
I came across this powder by accident on internet, ordered it without seeing it. But do not regret it at all. Being using it for over half a year, but only 1/6 of it gone...it will last for ages!!!! Worth the price!!! Would buy it again and again!!!!
Im NW15 got it in delicate beige. Suits my skintone very well!!! When I actually got to swatch light pastel and soft white they were way too light for me. Just for reference. Light pastel had shimmer in it)))

on 1/26/2013 5:35:00 PM

It's too dry for dry skin, same as all other powder products which will give a cakey face. I wouldn't recommend it to any people with dry skin like me. Also it has too much sparkles that doesn't look natural. I'm giving mine away.

on 8/24/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in shade 3 - sweet caramel and whilst I find that upon application my skin is soft and has a nice finish to it, usually around 4-6 hrs later, it oxidises on my skin and leaves it looking muddy and oily. I normally use clinique's blended face powder and i will continue using that instead! Its such a shame cos givenchy's packaging and texture is lovely!