Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

4.1

Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Fragrance), Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht.

on 8/13/2016 2:22:00 AM

I have this in 1 Harmony (Mousseline pastel). It's the color correcting one with 4 pastel shades: pink, lavender, green and blue.

This powder is very finally milled and comes packaged in a beautiful square shaped Givenchy cube. The sifter holes form the Givenchy logo - super pretty!!! There are 4 individual squares of the colors. I wish you were able to isolate which colors you want to use for whatever purpose...but I understand that the whole concept is to mix all the colours together as you apply so I digress. The cap isn't your standard twisty cap. It only twists on/off 45 degrees and then locks. Kinda strange but unique? As for the scent, I did find it was slightly scented but nothing too overbearing or pleasant. I'm sensitive to scents in general and found that this powder only had a faint scent to it.

When I first used this to set my under eye concealer, i was amazed at how it didn't settle in fine lines or emphasize dryness (I have dry skin), and just made my undereyes look flawless! It brightened up my eye area and my entire face (after being amazed at how well it did under my eyes, I then applied it to my entire face)

However, I don't find this powder controls oil very much. Perhaps it was because I only applied a little. Maybe it would control oil better if I had used more.

Overall, a fantastic product. Would I repurchase? Unfortunately not given the high price tag ($65 CAD for 0.42oz of product). While I understand that it's Givenchy so it won't be cheap, my gripe with this powder is the fact that despite having a higher price tag, there aren't any beneficial ingredients in this powder. In fact, it has some "bad for your skin" ingredients (eg. BHT) so for that reason alone, I would not repurchase.

on 10/20/2015 9:25:00 AM

I've been using this powder for a long time now and I love it. I own Voile Rose #7 and it makes my skin look so even toned and luminous. It also helps minimize small imperfections and it gives my skin a matte finish without being overly matte. I apply over my foundation to even out my skin. The packaging can make it hard to use. So I use the puff to keep the product from going everywhere. When I use it I remove the puff and tip it over into the cap. A mix of all 4 shades falls into the cap. I then use a stipple brush or a powder brush to buff this in. It makes my skin look so even and it's like my skin but better.

I've had this product at least 2 years now and it barely looks like I made a dent in it. It doesn't look sparkly on my skin either. More like a glow or halo effect I get from this product. I like to apply my blush over this and it goes on so smooth. I really like this product because it makes my skin look even. I like this powder for no makeup makeup as well. When I put it on it blends so well you almost can't see it. It makes my skin look so fresh and glowey. I also have to say this product lasts forever! You only need the smallest amount and it smells divine. It just makes my skin look so good and fresh. I wouldn't be without this powder. Recommended!

Update: 8-18-16

I also purchased the Mousseline Pastel and love that as well! It doesn't have shimmer and yet it balances my skin and gives it a luminous glow. I love applying it alone or to set my foundation my blush goes on so much smoother. My skin looks clear and it does subtly colour correct. It definitely gets rid of shine but it doesn't over dry my combo skin. How I use these are I take out the puff hold the lid and tap once. This gives me a small amount of all 4 colours I then use a stipple brush to buff it in. I also still have plenty of the Rose Voille left so for the price these products do last ages. It has a lovely scent and I want to purchase the one with the beige tones next. Still recommended in my book because a little goes a long way and it does make the skin look beautiful. :)

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I always buy these powders - they are brilliant for finishing make up off or touch ups throughout the day... the powder is so finely milled they never look cakey... they just give a lovely fresh glow... especially the Pastel one... I think it's Pastel mousseline... also great for setting concealor as it doesn't sit into the fine lines round your eyes, it looks light and matt. however, awful packaging... unscrewing the lid is a job in itself... they're so tricky you have to be careful you don't drop it and end up loosing all your powder!!! ... however I still buy as I love the powder, its unbeatable.

on 6/12/2015 3:05:00 PM

$53 USD for .42 oz. You get a lot of product at this price, and you need very little so the powder should last a very long time. I purchased Color 1 Mousseline Pastel (the blue/green/white/lavender combo); Color 2 Taffetas Beige (yellow/tan combo); and Color 7 Voile Rose (Opal/Lavender/pinks combo). The texture for the powders are very, very fine - maybe even too fine - as the powders will fly around. The case is beautiful, but the actual container is horrible and the products are very hard to use. I don't like using puffs, so what I do is, with the lid closed, flip it and tap each square lightly on the side and bottom. Flip it back, and generally most of the product should end up in the lid, not the container. I swirl the brush around the lid to mix the colors then apply. You need very little and it produces a matte texture with little glow - very nice for finishing / mattifying. What I dislike: the scent is VERY heavy; powder is drying - probably due to the silica; and I hate that you can't really control the color combination.

Also, I'm a very pale Eastern Asian skin (MAC NC20/C2 or ivory in CD), and each of the color tints distinctly showed on my face.
- For Mousseline Pastel: I like this tone as the best for my face. It worked as translucent finishing powder and added a little opalescent glow. If I'm not careful though, I think it might produce a whitish cast, so I apply it very light-handed.
-For Taffetas Beige: This looks like a bronzer on me and adds very odd clay-brick-red tone. I was VERY disappointed as I thought the yellow/lighter tones would make it perfect color for me. I'll wait until later this summer when my skin gets little darker and also experiment with contouring to see how this works out. But so far, very Meeeh.
-For Voile Rose: This was just ok by me. I can't use it as a blush since it's too pale. When used as finishing powder, I think it adds weird tone to my face. I'm hoping it'll work better as a highlighter so am in the process of experimenting. Overall, I wasn't impressed.

As true makeup junkie, I'm keeping these because (1) the containers are so gorgeous; (2) the colors in the box are Very, Very pretty; and (3) it's not a totally lost cause and hasn't broken me out yet (keeping my fingers crossed as the Givenchy version of HD powder broke me out badly and these have similar ingredients though in different proportions. However, I probably would not repurchaes if I ran out.

**UPDATE** The "taffetas beige" was just too orangey-brick - red tone on my skin, so I hacked the case to dump the darker colors and so glad I did this. If you want to try it (be sure that you REALLY want to do this, as there's no going back once the deed is done): 1) Be sure the holes on top of the container (where the powder gets shaken out) are well-sealed. I did it by cleaning with alcohol and sticking on tape. 2) Put the lid back on then, flip over to peel off the label sticker on the bottom of the case. SAVE the sticker! 3) There is a single piece of plastic that seals the holes that the powder was loaded up with under the sticker. Lift off a corner of it by inserting something sharp under it, then you can take it off. Be very careful to not spill the powders! 4) You'll end up with a single piece of plastic with four round lids that seal each of the separate compartments. Cut this up so that you have 4 separate "lids" for each of the compartments. 5) I sealed up the colors that I wanted to actually use and shook out the other colors that I didn't want. 6) Put the lids back on then the sticker on top to ensure a good seal on the bottom. I'm so much happier with the product now that I can actually use it!

on 4/12/2014 7:34:00 AM

The best thing about this powder is you don't even look like you are wearing powder. Very finely milled and silky smooth, good lasting power and smells yummy too. Very original packaging, I really like the concept of having four coloured powders to blend and use together and if you apply with a small enough brush it is possible to hone in on the one/one's you are after. I prefer to apply this with a small brush in small amounts and areas at a time for a flawless finish.

In summer with my slightly tanned NC15 skin this is a perfect match in No: 2 Delicate Beige. I have not worn this in winter yet but suspect that the mix of the more bronze colour may be a little too dark - will have to experiment and go with less of that.

Fun product to use and I can see it lasting a very long time, you do get a lot of product though I would be unsure of re-purchasing as it is hidi expensive!

on 7/24/2011 8:11:00 AM

"Delicate Beige" looked very average on my pale skin. Made it almost look ruddy, or like a really bland inadequate blush used all over. It just did not work for me. Maybe I needed a different shade but ordered this shade, just guessing what might work without having the benefit of trying it on. I really need a yellow-based, more matt powder. Cost $84 + shipping in Australia. Thankfully I got refund for the product from Myer. For reference I use Lancome Color Ideal foundation in I-30(N) and Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Transparent (use it with fluffy brush). I really thought this might be my HG but was disappointed.

on 6/8/2011 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

For reference I'm NC45/50 and I'm using the darkest shade "Tender Sun". This powder is just pure luxury. My skin feels like silk when I put this on! "Tender Sun" consists of 4 cubes of loose powder colours - 3 dark-ish shades of brown and 1 light peachy apricot. This powder is so finely milled and has shimmers that are barely visible but just impart a gorgeous 'glow' on the skin. I use this over Mac Studiofix Powder foundation just on my cheekbones, under eyes (it's great over concealer) and nose. I don't use it all over my face because it has a highlight effect and I don't exactly need my whole face to glow like a beacon. I can't say it's great for oil control though, but I do live in a very humid climate. I usually use a brush for loose powder, but with this, I like to use the puff it comes with. The powder is so fine and light it tends to settle everywhere - on lashes, brows, my make-up counter (LOL), but I find using just a tiny amount helps lessen the fly-aways. This powder can be layered for a less sheer finish. If I'm just running to the store I just put this on with a little eyeliner and tinted lipbalm and I look polished and natural.