Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

Filtered by age: 30-35
Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

4.6

Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Fragrance), Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht.

on 5/3/2015 9:11:00 AM

Prisme Libre Mousseline Pastel
100% translucent, no colour alteration, no white/powdery look after dusting it on, extremely thin veil that's good for setting/mattifying (e.g. after applying anything gives a dewy shine on the face like foundation/moisturiser/sunscreen/light concealer). It gives you this "just after washing face" shine free but yet NOT powder matte look.

It's zero coverage (so don't expect it to cover any spots etc), doesn't settle into lines nor show after dusting. Probably good for mature skin that tends to be dry and want a very very light powder after liquid/cream foundation. Or those who just got to dust with loose powder before heading out.

Insignificant/unnoticeable oxidation. I can't see any grey cast. Good control of shine despite its makeup function as a loose powder (i.e. setting makeup). I only had this soft shine/glow on forehead despite having t-zone oily skin after 10 hrs. I had used numerous full coverage and highly mattifying liquid/compact foundations but they all shine, and oxidise, a lot more than this loose powder! I've got sensitive skin and it doesn't clog despite me dusting on after sunscreen.

What I didn't like is only the packaging and its way of application (I'm a bit of a hygiene freak) but can't figure how to use it with a brush without spilling the powder.

First buy, and first also for a loose powder, and definitely worth it. No powders had impressed me enough for me to pay for such a price tag (compact or loose). Expensive as compared to drug store brands but comparable to other major brands (e.g. Dior, Chanel, Lancome etc). I've seen my friends' face looking white using loose powders of other brands (drug store/major brands).

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love the powder, it's setting my make up for the whole day. The packaging is pretty beautiful, although inconvenient to use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this in shade 1. In general, the product is delicate, not too shimmery and not cakey. It gives me a good finish and helps to hold my foundation even in a hot summer.
As my skin is oily, I was looking for something that doesn't melt on my face and helps to set my daily makeup. This products does the job.
PS: I was using Clinique loose powder before and it would melt around my lips.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in shade 4 tender sun. First off, the packaging is lovely. It has the Givenchy symbol in a pretty pink on the top. I know it shouldnt matter, but I am a stickler for nice and pretty packaging, it makes the product more appealing to use.
It has 4 different chambers with different colors. With this shade I have, there are 3 variations of bronze ranging from light to darker and one pink. When mixed together on the face they produce a very pretty fresh sun color. Its totally true to the name of this shade " tender sun" , as it looks like you have been in the sun just that day and have that bronzey just ever so slightly pink tanned face.
I am queen of the bronzers. Having a medium complexion, using sunless tanners and tanning beds, I love to accentuate my tan with bronzers and I have tried almost every one on the market, seriously. My fave bronzers are still too faced, their bronzers work the best with my skintone and their aqua bunny waterproof bronzer is awesome! This runs a close second for me.
Now for my 2 oldest daughters who are in pageants and competitive dance, this is the best!!
The color is great for them. They have a lighter coloring then I do from my hubby, we do apply sunless tanner for pageants and dance, but they still arent as dark as I am. This bronzer accenuates and deepens their tans without being fake or unbelievable. The touch of pink actually makes their tans look more natural like they have been in the sun. I use this on their faces and shoulders, chest neck etc. They are children so naturally their skin is much more delicate than an adult would be, so that is always a concern with any product I apply to them. We have been using this consistantly for a good while now with no breakouts or rashes. Its also perfect for any type of performimg because it gives a slight mattifying effect that helps the longevity of makeup application and keep down " shiny face". That said, it does not in any way leave the face dull. It is very glowy, just not dewey. We will definately continue to purchase this product!

on 2/6/2011 12:47:00 PM

What can I say, this truly deserves the love it gets. Yes the high rantings are absolutely deserved. I have been using this for the past 4 years, and i believe that it is the best powder out there. I have it in delicate beige and in light patel, and i love them both but light pastel suits my coloring best and has a lovely glowy texture.It looks very natural yet makes my skin look glowy and flawless (yes flawless!) I do not use foundation,only concealer and this powder over it, and people compliment my skin all the time. I will keep buying this forever.

on 1/2/2011 5:47:00 PM

I love this powder, isn't too heavy and doesn't include any shine (glitter).

on 11/12/2009 2:28:00 AM

Amazing product. Great texture, great colour, great packaging, great lasting power. It's a joy to apply. Got this in Fresh Rose thanks to the recommendation from my BA and it leaves me with a radiant face, so much so that I can even forgo my blusher. Absolutely love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've used the Prisme Again in Chic White for ages and love it - it's my HG pressed powder so I was so excited when the loose powder version was launched.
I was a bit disappointed that the colour options where different to the pressed (so no chic white) but decided to try the 'light pastel' loose version (I am SUPER pale!).

LOVE this powder! Its so finely milled and fine - it sets make up with out looking powdered and also if you use on its own it evens out your skin tone and adds a soft focus finish.
Its doesn't cake and works well with the pressed powder if you need to touch up your makeup in the day (my skin is combination but I can get oily on my chin especially on warm days but I only need to touch up once or twice a day to take me through the evening if I'm going out.)
It gives a soft, sheer finish that takes away shine without making you look too matt. I will definitely re-purchase this one!!

Update - sadly my normally tolerant skin began to react to this so I have had to stop using it. My skin began to feel a little dry then flaked and eventually developed eczema before I realised this was the product causing the issue. So I have taken off some lippies for this reason. Having looked at the ingredients on Sephora.com it seems the first ingredient is used as a pesticide and is listed as toxic to humans and carcinogenic! (Googled it), plus there is nylon and various other potentially irritating ingredients. Still if your skin is more robust than mine it does deliver all I listed previously. I have now moved onto Dr Hauschkas loose powder which has helped heal my skin.

on 8/29/2007 4:46:00 PM

The light pastel is a really lovely powder. It manages to enhance my paleness without making me look wan or ghostly. In fact, it somehow makes me look healthier and more ethereal at the same time. Quite a trick! This is good over concealer or alone to give a nice polished, finished appearance. It tones down blotchiness and shine without masking freckles, and doesn't catch on hidden dry spots or turn dark from oily patches. Really just lovely. It costs a bucket, but is sure to last a long time. If I were really wealthy, I would buy a second box to keep at the office, though -- while this does hold up longer than you would expect most powders to do, I could use a touch up by afternoon.