Bobbi Brown Stonewashed Nudes [DISCONTINUED]

Bobbi Brown Stonewashed Nudes [DISCONTINUED]
BB Shimmering Nudes and Stonewashed NudesBB stonewashed paletteBB Stonewashed: Navajo+Hot Stone+Espresso+Mica+Ash

4.5

on 6/13/2011 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When I first received this (in a swap) I wasn't at all sure the colours would work for me, as they all looked a bit grey (including the browns!!) and monotonous. However, I'm delighted to say I was proved wrong, and now I use this palette a lot. Rock is my favourite lid shadow; in the palette it doesn't look particularly exciting, but once applied it really makes my eyes 'pop', very important if, like me, you wear glasses. I wear Hot Stone in the crease, with Espresso as an eyeliner and Navajo on the browbone. Although this has been (sadly) discontinued, I hope BB will either repromote it or make the shades available individually.

on 7/5/2009 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Perfect Palette with work appropriate colors. the colors are very subtle and sophisticated. Came with a perfectly soft two sided brush. Unfortunately Limited. :(

on 4/6/2009 10:09:00 PM

I bought this at the CCO for a really great price. I love neutral eyeshadows so this is a perfect palette for me! I reach for this the most out of all my shadows - the colors all work together fantastically. I had no idea this was a l/e palette when i bought it, which makes me a bit worried that i wont be able to repurchase again when I need to. All in all this is a great palette, 5 lippies all the way!

on 12/27/2008 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Actually I did purchase this again! I swapped it away and had major swapper's remorse and bought it again! I won't make that mistake again - this is the greatest cool/neutral l shadows ever made.

Everything about this palette is good.

on 11/13/2008 1:38:00 PM

This is my favorite palette that I own. I won't describe each shade, as it is listed by many other reviewers.

There are many different options on how to wear these shades. All are easy to blend and you can up the va-va-voom with the espresso es. Espresso is one shadow everyone should own if you like to do smokey eyes. I love taupes and neutrals, and this palette is a must for anyone else who does.

on 10/28/2008 4:43:00 PM

LE, Fall 2007 Stonewashed Nudes Collection

Navajo - pale matte ivory. Similar to BB Bone

Mica Shimmer Wash - light-medium, shimmery, neutral taupe-y brown with a hint of muted gold shimmer

Ash Shimmer Wash - light, shimmery cool taupe

Hot Stone - medium matte cool taupe

Stonewash Shimmer Wash - light-medium shimmery cool taupe w/ the faintest violet cast & subtle silver shimmer

Rock Shimmer Wash - medium-deep shimmery neutral silver with strong taupe undertones

Espresso - matte, deep blackened coffee brown

Product - Another boring-to-look-at-but-gorgeous-to-wear e/s palette from BB. Overall, the shades in this palette are cool to neutral toned, with taupe and grey shades to choose from, plus Espresso for lining. Navajo is a nice basic matte ivory shade. Navajo, Mica, and Ash are not as pigmented as the other 4 shades IMHO (or maybe they simply don't show as much on my AAB/NC25 skin), but that serves me well since I like to use these shades as a wash or barely-there color. Hot Stone, Stonewash, and Rock are great in the crease or as lid color, and these are very well pigmented. Espresso is an excellent liner its not too dark or harsh; it works well applied wet for more definition or drama.

Comparisons - Navajo is similar to BB Bone but cooler, less yellow-toned.

Packaging - The palette case is a refined shade of shimmery gunmetal grey; inside are 7 rectangular pans of e/s, a brush well, and full size mirror under the lid. The included dual-ended brush has an small shadow/shader brush on one end and orange taklon liner brush on the other.

Overall - Love this. Makes me look very polished. I missed out on the original run, but thankfully I was able to swap for it it goes for much more than the original retail ($50) on eBay. continued >>

This was my first Bobbi Brown purchase. I was sold the moment the MUA put these shades on my eyes. This palette contains interesting and very pretty neutral shades. Not boring at all! You can create several looks with this versatile palette. Also it comes with a pretty good liner/eye shadow brush. I think this is Bobbi Brown's best e/s palette thus far. It's far more interesting than the new Shimmering Nudes Palette. Those colors show up all too similar on my fairly light skin tone.

on 9/5/2008 11:04:00 AM

This is the most perfect palette I've ever used. I couldn't ask for a better collection of colors. These are cool toned neutrals (more grayish than brown) that work well with each other in different combos. I won't describe the individual shades since others have already done a good job of that. I really like that these shadows are somewhat sheer and therefore buildable. It makes it easy to make a polished look by layering, as opposed to very pigmented opaque shadows that I have a hard time with because one false move can lead to a big screw-up. The texture of the shadows is soft and smooth, easy to blend. I will say, the shimmer colors really aren't all that shimmery on me. But they are gorgeous anyway. I really like the double-ended brush that comes with the palette, and the packaging is sleek and pretty. I really wish this hadn't been a limited edition set because I see it as a classy and timeless collection of eyeshadows.

In comparison to the newer BB Shimmering Nudes palette, these are cooler and less shimmery. Shimmering Nudes has metallic shades, which seem more like true shimmer colors to me. Also some of the Shimmering Nudes shades are pinkish (possibly too warm for some people). Shimmering Nudes is slightly more sheer and light (on me), making it hard to get a more noticeable look if that is what you are going for. I have and love both palettes, but I think Stonewashed Nudes is more versatile since I can do more dramatic looks, as well as subtle and polished.

I know that bb has the reputation of being boring neutrals for dullards, but I find that when i play around with the shades in this palette I can come up with some really interesting and new effects. It's easy to get a perfect Smoke & Diamonds dupe. I like the look of lots of Navajo (the white) with a little crease color, and even a light wash of Espresso over Navajo turns a really lovely bronzey-taupey thing on me. I'm super fair & nearly all colors work as liners, too, even espresso if it's in a very very thin line. This palette is fantastic and I see it lasting me years.