Yves Rocher Riche Creme Wrinkle-Smoothing Night Cream

Yves Rocher Riche Creme Wrinkle-Smoothing Night Cream

3.0

I got this as a thank you gift for ordering at Yves Rocher. I never thought Yves Rocher skincare products were trust worthy so I didn't use it on my face. It's extremely rich (as the name says...) and it isn't instantly absorbed and it doesn't smell so delicious (to my taste) I use it on my hands instead and it's perfect for dry hands in winter.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Boy is this stuff greasy! Even on my very dry hands. It just sort of sat there and did not absorb at all. I checked out the ingredients and found "petrolatum" which is probably the reason.

on 8/6/2004 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I hate the smell of the Riche Creme line. Every single product in this line gives me breakouts and is extremely greasy. Olive oil is less greasy! Even with very dry skin, it didn't seem to do anything for my skin either. No softness, no moisturizing, nothing. It does not absorb and I felt like I had a layer of grease all over my face...all day long. I like many Yves Rocher products, but this line is the worst they have, in my opinion.

I got a little sample envelope of this, which was enough for about five days, since I use moisturizer sparingly. This feels and smells like greasy old lady cream, and it had the weirdest effect on my skin. The morning after the first time I used it, my skin peeled in the places where I had put the cream. It wasn't dry, just peely, like I'd used an exfoliating cream, but it only lasted a day and my skin was just normal after that. Not impressed. YR Serum Vegetale night cream is MUCH nicer.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

It is always hit or miss with Yves Rocher products. This is promoted as containing beneficial oils that preserve the youthfulness of your skin. It is basically water, dimethicone and petrolatum. The "beneficial" oils are not the first eight ingredients. It applies greasy and has a light rose blend scent. Used this on my neck and hands. Once absorbed in, my skin did feel soft, even when I woke up the next morning. This might be good for mature, dry skin at night as the petrolatum base and dimethicone could be a protective layer against dryness. But the price is outrageous compared to the nothingness of the ingredients. 1.7 oz for 34.00 and even at half off is too much. Would only use it if I got it as a free gift with purchase item.

This was actually pretty moisturizing and didn't irritate my sensitive, dry skin. The scent was ok, but the texture was pretty good and it moisturized really well. It was kind of thick though, but that's alright with me, because as long as whatever I'm using does it's job, texture and weight aren't important. (Well, that only goes for nighttime stuff. =P)

Recieved it free with another order.... Didn't have a use for it as I'm oily and acne prone but the sudden severe below freezing windy weather has left me with a touch of eczema and this has worked surprisingly well to ease it immediately upon application, redness eased as well!

on 5/10/2007 7:56:00 PM

Different things work for different people I guess. This was the best creme I have ever tried! Smoothed out my skin and got rid of discoloration. Will buy again.

on 6/13/2007 9:51:00 PM

Got this as a freebie with an order of bath products from YR and wasn't expectng to be impressed. But my skin just soaks up this night cream without greasiness *and* without the flaky, dry patches on my cheeks flaring up by morning. In fact, the effects of this cream seem to last through the following day, although I apply a lighter moisturizer in the A.M. Haven't had dry patches on my cheeks since I started using this about a month ago and I've tried Lancome, Shiseido and other supposedly better quality skin care lines. Great stuff. On the cheap side too. Will definitely be repurchasing.

on 7/7/2007 6:58:00 PM

I got this cream with my purchase so basically it is free to me.
The cream is too oily and does not blend into my skin even after minutes.
It is left in my closet & Never try again.