Paul Mitchell Freeze and Shine Spray

Paul Mitchell Freeze and Shine Spray

4.2

Not tested on animals

SD Alcohol 40B (SDA-CA-2877, Alcohol Denat), Water (Aqua), Acrylates/Hydroxyesters Acrylates Copolymer, VA/Crotonates/Vinyl Neodecanoate Copolymer, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Extract, Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract (Rosemary), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Benzophenone 3, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Amyl Cinnamal

on 3/23/2016 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This does exactly what it says, it freezes your hair in place. Great hold, good price, and smells good too!

on 2/21/2016 8:45:00 AM

I think Freeze and Shine has the wrong name. Unless you spray on coat after coat it does not freeze your hair into place! I'm aware it has the "helmet hair" reputation, but I don't use if for that reason. I have a fairly simple bob, a few sprays with Paul Mitchell keeps my hair from frizzing up in humidity. I use little enough so that my hair swings freely, yet the texture of my hair is flattering. I'm able to comb through my hair easily, it doesn't have a heavy, greasy feeling and it has a healthy, shine to it. Also, it has a very pleasant scent.

To Read all 70 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/3/2015 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have very thick hair and no matter how careful I am in washing, drying, and combing my hair smooth and flat, it still likes to pouf out like a lions main. Basically I end up looking like I never combed my hair in the morning. So I mainly use hairspray for keeping down the flyaways/'de-poufing' my hair.

This stuff does the job. It holds down the individual strands that like to stick up, and also keeps the larger chunk fly-aways down. Additionally, it smooths down the bulk of my hair and makes it lay nicely.

And I can comb through it without breaking any of my hair. So while it goes on helmet-head-y, I can simply brush through it and it's as if the hairspray disappears, but my hair stays fabulous.

It does impart some shine, but it doesn't give a super shiny look. It does make my hair look healthier. Perhaps if my hair weren't so damaged it would look shinier. But on the plus side, I can't see this stuff ever making hair look greasy.

on 12/30/2014 5:36:00 PM

Hands down the best hairspray I've ever used. I have very fine wavy hair that typically gets flyaway and frizzy, but this stuff keeps my hair in control and gives it great volume. As someone else pointed out, my hair even looks good in the AM after sleeping. As long as Paul Mitchell keeps making this I'll never buy anything else.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I work in a salon in Burton-upon-trent and we use all Paul Mitchell products, but freeze and shine super spray is my favourite by far! It always holds my hair in place even in windy weather ill brush my hair and it will go back to normal instantly. It has a lovely sweet smell to it too! Our clients love it and it is our best seller by far. Its not the cheapest of hairsprays but it is really worth the money.

on 4/30/2014 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Oh my gosh, ladies, gather round to hear what I have to say! This is the best hairspray that I have used in a long time! For reference: I have medium length, curly, crazy hair. My hair misbehaves when it is windy, rainy, humid etc. I live in the deep south so that's like daily. I was getting really frustrated with my hair when I came across this little gem. I got the small bottle at ULTA so I could try it out, still very expensive. I spray this on my hair right after I have put gel in it (it is still really wet), and it helps my curls dry faster and set better, which is exactly what I was looking for! Also, most importantly, it keeps away fly-aways and frizzies. I'm so glad that I found this one. Will definitely repurchase and highly recommend.

on 2/24/2014 7:40:00 AM

I just can't get past how wet this is. I guess non-aerosol hairsprays are just not for me. I think that this just weighs my hair down immediately when I apply it. I try to hold it further away, but it's just too wet. I tried it several times, and then yesterday just said "Why?" and threw it away.

I'm glad it works well for most, but not for me.

on 12/1/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've been using this finishing spray for years, because it works great for me. It's not very expensive (especially if you buy the larger bottles and decant), has a light and pleasant smell, and it's consistently effective for me. I do a light-medium spray all over my roller curled hair, scrunch in a little, and it holds pretty well throughout the day.

on 7/28/2012 5:46:00 PM

I have tried quite a number of hairsprays over the years from the aerosol to non aerosol ones. Freeze and Shine has got to be THE best i've used so far...hands down. I mainly do a faux hawk and it holds the style in place perfectly. It even lasts till the next day...i mean i don't wash my hair before going to bed and i woke up and my hair still looks pretty good . Smells amazing too...reminds me of honeydew melon. Same formula and does a great job just as i remember using it ages ago. If i have to recommend a good non aerosol hairspray,it will be Paul Mitchell's Freeze And Shine. Try it and you will love itas much as i do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I loooove this hairspray!! It's one of the only hairsprays that will hold my hair alllll day(: I have thick hair that does not like to keep its shape after i curl it (which happens everyday) and this does the trick!! My mom buys it from one of her friends for $5 a bottle so for us it's pretty cheap, but otherwise where I live, it's only about $13. It smells amazing. AMAZING! I highly recommend this product.