Burt's Bees Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey & Grapeseed Oil Hand Creme

Burt's Bees Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey & Grapeseed Oil Hand Creme

3.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I like this mainly for the scent. It was ok for my dry hands but I love the way it smells.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

(Mine is not the Therapeutic one either, as the other reviewer noted)
I love the scent of this. I do not find it strong nor overwhelming like a couple other reviewers mentioned (and my nose is pretty sensitive). As for performance, I found this to be mediocre. As others have said, it feels a little oily going on, but for me, it does absorb quickly. Definitely not a heavy-duty hand cream (and my hands are in pretty decent shape, not really any dryness at all, but I still like to use a moisturizer), at best I would say this is a light moisturizer. I would, however, re-purchase, because the size is great for the purse, and though it feels a tad oily at first, it absorbs quickly enough, and for me, the tube is an easy application. It is easy to squeeze, and to squeeze out as much as needed (nothing is worse than having a hand lotion tube that either always squeezes way too much or is hard to even get anything out of, so I appreciate that this comes out of the tube easily and not too quickly), and I do actually like the scent quite well. I would not buy this when my skin needs serious TLC, but when my hands are in decent enough condition and I just want to keep them moisturized, this works just fine!! All in all, I would re-purchase!!

TLDR: Easy to use convenient tube, squeezes just enough out, fairly compact and great for the purse; not heavy-duty but great for keeping hands moisturized (that are already in decent shape). Scent to me is pleasant, but scents are very subjective!!!

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/21/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

(Mine is not the thoroughly therapeutic formula) This hand cream leaves a very bizarre feeling on the skin. It makes your hands feel simultaneously wet, slimy, and sticky. I do find that this moisturizes well once rubbed in. It isn't quite rich enough for a night lotion, but it is fine for use throughout the day and after hand washing. The scent is very cloying. Unless you are a serious honey aficionado, I would not recommend this cream. There are much better products available at this price point.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Did I get a bad bottle? Because this stuff was gross. It didn't sink in for me and felt really weird, unlike any other lotion or hand cream I've used. After a few minutes of rubbing I gave up and washed my hands. Even after washing off the residue my hands weren't any more softer. The smell was kinda off too. It smelled nice for about a second then really heavy and fake. Oddest hand cream ever.

on 2/25/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I needed a small tube of lotion for my desk, this was like $2 in the old navy check out line. I like-don't-love the formula and dislike the smell. I'll keep looking.

on 2/18/2014 9:01:00 AM

I love this hand cream. It does have a strong scent, and while I like the fragrance, it is a bit strong. That being said, It makes my hands super smooth without being greasy. It feels strange going on, kind of wet and slimy. As you rub it in, the warmth melts it into your skin. I have have very sensitive skin, and I am rough on my hands. This feels great. After I rub it in, I don't find it to be greasy at all.

on 11/26/2013 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Oh my . . does this stuff stink. I bought this when I ran out of my normal hand cream (L'Occitane) and my husband started complaining instantly, before I could even finish rubbing it in. The scent is so rancid, cloying and annoying, like powdery sweet fake honey smell and would not fade. And I normally like honey scents. . . It reminds me of expired face powders my grandmother would use. Also it feels like a layer of smelly expired wax on my hands. It does not sink in, does not even moisturise at all. I had to wash this off after 20 minutes because in addition to the smell, it just made my hands sticky and feel gross. The second time I used it before some outdoor activities - it just made my hands feel even drier.

If it at least left my hands soft, it might be ok but this does nothing but stink up my home to high heaven. I truly cannot find even one good thing to say about this product. I don't normally return things but this was just too much.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This hand cream was pretty good. The consistency was a little odd. It was definitely different from other hand creams I've used, but not objectionable in any way. It absorbed into my skin fairly quickly and left them very soft for quite a while. My only complaint is the scent. I don't like the scent, so I will not be buying this hand cream again. If It weren't for the scent, I would give this hand cream 4 stars.

on 6/28/2013 10:17:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love it, I first tried it walking around in Rite Aid and I kept touching my hand because it made it soo soft! I love the scent, it's going to be my new staple for hand creme!

on 3/24/2013 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great non-greasy handcream which absorbs quickly. Very nice scent, even if some other reviews claimed it was sticky/waxy - to me it is perfect at all points! The only downside is the price...