Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion - Deep Dark Color

Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion - Deep Dark Color
Banana Boat Sunless Summer Deep DarkSummer Color Self-Tanning Lotion - Deep Dark Color

4.1

Water, Dihydroxyacetone, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Petrolatum, VP Dimethiconylacrylate Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester, Caramel, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Extract (Henna)

on 10/6/2018 1:06:00 AM

This stuff is a lot less expensive than other self tanners, and I get excellent results. It has a tint that instantly makes your arms & legs look tan AND also lets you see where you have applied it so you don't miss a spot. And when it starts to wear off, it does so fairly gracefully. I don't mind the scent of this at all.

I use medical/surgical non-latex gloves when I apply this self-tanner, and I just rub it in as if I didn't have gloves on. I thought that those silly tanning mitts absorbed half the product and wasted my money.

This product got me pretty dark in one application! I’m pretty impressed bc I tried Fake Bake Flawless as well as the Ulta 2 hour Express Dark and it didn’t make me as dark as the Banana Boat in Medium to Dark. I accidentally got a drop on my palm and it’s dark now! And it won’t come off no matter how much I scrub, so be careful!

I exfoliated very well with those exfoliating gloves and Dove soap, applied this in the morning, and after 4 hours, saw color developed, after 9 hours, it is fully developed. I rinsed it off that night in the shower but didn’t use soap bc I thought maybe it would develop further. I should have used soap though because I didn’t get any darker that night; it also made me a bit itchy at night - I think I left it on too long and it started to just sit there and aggravate my skin, so 8-10 hours is by far long enough, then wash off with a mild soap and the itchiness stopped. I’m not going to venture further and apply more the next day because honestly it’s as dark as I wanted it to be. I’m NC 25 in Mac and now I’m around NC 35, maybe even 37. I find the smell not bad at all actually - if you’ve ever tried Jergen’s Natural Glow, now that scent is STRONG. The Banana Boat pales in comparison in regards to DHA scent. I want to maintain this nice tan and will apply the Jergen’s at night to keep it longer, but if you need something that will make you 2 shades darker quick, I recommend this! It’s $6.99 at Target.

Update: on day 4 I itched horribly. I am one of those people who has an allergy to DHA I think. So, if you know you’re not allergic to DHA, then in the world of self-tanning, you are lucky to be able to use the Banana Boat tanner! It gave me the best natural looking brown tan ever. Sigh.

I would buy this again -- however I think people who are more on the fair side of the spectrum should not apply this more than once in 3-4 days. My first application I looked good, I had some color definitely on my face and legs. I made the mistake of trying to go darker with another application the next morning and I started to turn orange. I showered immediately & my color looked great again, a nice bronze finish. Just be cautious!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, I have no idea why self tanners come out at the drugstore but don't provide tanning mitts. The bottle says you can wash your hands in between uses but mine still came out super orange. Not only that but this lotion bunches up and doesn't blend well, super splotchy. Same when I tried to apply it to my back with my back lotion applicator from Wal-Mart. I came out super orange and had to run over to Ulta the very next day to grab some St. Tropez Express Bronzing Mousse that they recommended to fix this whole mess as well as a real tanning mitt. Pathetic and when it comes to self tanning cheaper is usually worse!!!!!!! Even if the application was fine I was a straight up oompa loompa which looks horrible on my fair skin.

on 8/31/2016 2:23:00 AM

I love this stuff. Used it for my school semis and proms. It's sooo dark, and I got so many compliments on it. Currently using it for my summer go to tan instead of absorbing some rays. However, I have a yellow undertone and could see how people of pink or neutral or with pale tones would complain that this looks orange on them. If you do have a yellow or olive tone, this will look amazing and goldeny tan. I love it, and on my fourth bottle. I hope they don't discontinue!!! Very affordable. Only reason I'm giving this 4 stars instead of 5 is because it does take a little long to dry. If you do it gradually then it's not a big deal: too much tanner = longer time to dry, small amount = maybe like 10-20 mins. My skin looks amazing after only 1 use! So very impressed. Highly recommend

on 8/17/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my second tube, so I do like it. The color appears natural on my pale-ish skin and dark enough that it doesn't take repeated applications over the space of a week to get the results I want. It's widely available and not too expensive. I use an applicator mitt so I have no problems with stained palms or fingers. Sometimes there are streaks around my toes or ankles, but that is MY fault - I'm not as diligent at exfoliating as I should be. :)
For summer, this is something I need to have around. Def a great product in my mind.

on 12/14/2014 6:55:00 PM

Love this when I am traveling.

on 12/3/2014 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have very pale, ivory, cool toned skin. Many self tanners appear orange in my skin because of this. This is the best self tanner I've tried due to its realistic color and easy application. No hints of orange or yellow tones. In fact, it almost appears to have red undertones, which is what a natural tan has.
Make sure to shower and fully exfoliate your entire body. Shave, cleanse the skin but not with a lot of products. This will alter how the tanning ingredients react with your skin & it's best to have clean skin without a lot of products sitting on top.
Next, I only moisturize my knees, ankles, elbows, wrists, bellybutton, and a little bit on my neck. Apply tanner in small circles, starting with your legs so your arms don't get messed up, and then your thighs. I take whatever is left on my hand and spread it onto my knees. I take a tiny dab of tanner, mixed into half regular lotion, and put this on ankles and feet. Do so very very sparingly. I have NEVER gotten streaks or splotches using this method. Continue onto whole body, making sure to again mix half lotion and half tiny dab of tanner onto wrists and elbows.
Drying time can be confusing as the tanner is extremely moisturizing. Wait about 20 min before getting dressed and wear loose clothing. No color stains on my clothes or sheets. Your tan will begin to develop within 4 hours, and you'll get complete color within 8-10 hours. Optimal to put on before going to bed for maximum results.
Make sure to shower after it is fully developed to wash away the color guard. Don't worry, your tan is not washing away, just the color guard that is designed to help you see where you've applied it.
Make sure to moisturize your entire body after every shower and don't take prolonged 20 min scalding hot showers. This will effect your tan.
Smell isn't too overpowering. Tan lasts me about 4 days after two applications. One application will definitely get you dark very very fast, but it looks natural.
Exfoliate, moisturize, and take your time. Sorry this is long, hopefully it'll help some of you. This procedure is fool proof for me and I have never gotten streaks or yucky color. Good luck and happy tanning!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I absolutely LOVE it this product. Soon after application, I notice a beautiful, natural looking tan. It lasts for a few days on me, but requires re-application about once a week. This product is a must-have for me, and I would recommend it to anybody looking for a beautiful dark glow :)

on 10/1/2014 11:06:00 PM

I love this lotion! I'm not real tan but I'm not pale...but I get quite a bit of color out of this.