Banana Boat Summer Color Sunless Lotion Deep Dark

Banana Boat Summer Color Sunless Lotion Deep Dark
Summer Color Sunless Lotion Deep Dark

4.1

Water, Dihydroxyacetone, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Petrolatum, VP Dimethiconylacrylate Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester, Caramel, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Extract (Henna)

I would buy this again -- however I think people who are more on the fair side of the spectrum should not apply this more than once in 3-4 days. My first application I looked good, I had some color definitely on my face and legs. I made the mistake of trying to go darker with another application the next morning and I started to turn orange. I showered immediately & my color looked great again, a nice bronze finish. Just be cautious!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, I have no idea why self tanners come out at the drugstore but don't provide tanning mitts. The bottle says you can wash your hands in between uses but mine still came out super orange. Not only that but this lotion bunches up and doesn't blend well, super splotchy. Same when I tried to apply it to my back with my back lotion applicator from Wal-Mart. I came out super orange and had to run over to Ulta the very next day to grab some St. Tropez Express Bronzing Mousse that they recommended to fix this whole mess as well as a real tanning mitt. Pathetic and when it comes to self tanning cheaper is usually worse!!!!!!! Even if the application was fine I was a straight up oompa loompa which looks horrible on my fair skin.

on 12/3/2014 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have very pale, ivory, cool toned skin. Many self tanners appear orange in my skin because of this. This is the best self tanner I've tried due to its realistic color and easy application. No hints of orange or yellow tones. In fact, it almost appears to have red undertones, which is what a natural tan has.
Make sure to shower and fully exfoliate your entire body. Shave, cleanse the skin but not with a lot of products. This will alter how the tanning ingredients react with your skin & it's best to have clean skin without a lot of products sitting on top.
Next, I only moisturize my knees, ankles, elbows, wrists, bellybutton, and a little bit on my neck. Apply tanner in small circles, starting with your legs so your arms don't get messed up, and then your thighs. I take whatever is left on my hand and spread it onto my knees. I take a tiny dab of tanner, mixed into half regular lotion, and put this on ankles and feet. Do so very very sparingly. I have NEVER gotten streaks or splotches using this method. Continue onto whole body, making sure to again mix half lotion and half tiny dab of tanner onto wrists and elbows.
Drying time can be confusing as the tanner is extremely moisturizing. Wait about 20 min before getting dressed and wear loose clothing. No color stains on my clothes or sheets. Your tan will begin to develop within 4 hours, and you'll get complete color within 8-10 hours. Optimal to put on before going to bed for maximum results.
Make sure to shower after it is fully developed to wash away the color guard. Don't worry, your tan is not washing away, just the color guard that is designed to help you see where you've applied it.
Make sure to moisturize your entire body after every shower and don't take prolonged 20 min scalding hot showers. This will effect your tan.
Smell isn't too overpowering. Tan lasts me about 4 days after two applications. One application will definitely get you dark very very fast, but it looks natural.
Exfoliate, moisturize, and take your time. Sorry this is long, hopefully it'll help some of you. This procedure is fool proof for me and I have never gotten streaks or yucky color. Good luck and happy tanning!

on 8/17/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my second tube, so I do like it. The color appears natural on my pale-ish skin and dark enough that it doesn't take repeated applications over the space of a week to get the results I want. It's widely available and not too expensive. I use an applicator mitt so I have no problems with stained palms or fingers. Sometimes there are streaks around my toes or ankles, but that is MY fault - I'm not as diligent at exfoliating as I should be. :)
For summer, this is something I need to have around. Def a great product in my mind.

on 12/14/2014 6:55:00 PM

Love this when I am traveling.

on 8/31/2016 2:23:00 AM

I love this stuff. Used it for my school semis and proms. It's sooo dark, and I got so many compliments on it. Currently using it for my summer go to tan instead of absorbing some rays. However, I have a yellow undertone and could see how people of pink or neutral or with pale tones would complain that this looks orange on them. If you do have a yellow or olive tone, this will look amazing and goldeny tan. I love it, and on my fourth bottle. I hope they don't discontinue!!! Very affordable. Only reason I'm giving this 4 stars instead of 5 is because it does take a little long to dry. If you do it gradually then it's not a big deal: too much tanner = longer time to dry, small amount = maybe like 10-20 mins. My skin looks amazing after only 1 use! So very impressed. Highly recommend

on 7/31/2014 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

EXTREMELY disappointed that they REFORMULATED this product. I didn't notice until I read a few reviews down stating this, and I went to go check for myself.

The bottle that I bought last year (in which dihydroxyacetone was the second ingredient) delivered a beautiful streak-free bronze/tan color in just 1-2 layers. I would apply it an hour or two before I went to bed, and I'd wake up in the morning with a gorgeous even tan. No complaints, and the smell of the lotion was super faint and would dissipate after application. Total HG!!

I was running out and bought a new bottle of this stuff about 2 weeks ago. I looked at the ingredients and dihydroxyacetone is basically the LAST ingredient on the list. I was iffy about using it but thought that the results with the new formula couldn't be that bad, so I did my usual routine and applied 2 layers on my body excluding my face. The color took a while to develop... and when I woke up in the morning I was utterly disappointed. The color was not "deep" at all and it BARELY showed up; I was pretty orange. The self-tanner smell was strong and lingered for a while as well. Luckily I still had product in my previous bottle (old formula) so I put on a thin layer of that, and it helped a bit.

I wish that they didn't mess with the formula in the first place. I'm assuming they moved DHA (the thing that produces pigment) to the bottom of the ingredient list so that you'd have to keep using more of the product to develop a deeper, bronzier color. Using up more lotion = buying more bottles in a shorter amount of time. Good for sales, I guess, but unfortunately not good for me as I developed an orange color with the new formula. Heck no I'm not about to layer more of it on!!

*also note, I don't self-tan every day--only when I have an event to attend or know I'm going to be taking a lot of pictures.

...with that said, now I gotta find a new self-tanner

on 10/1/2014 11:06:00 PM

I love this lotion! I'm not real tan but I'm not pale...but I get quite a bit of color out of this.

As I'm reading all the other reviews I made me think the People who used it had very pale skin. I love this product I put It on and I'm tan with in 20 mins not the orange color! TAN. I got a lot of complements.
And I have recommend to a lot of people I love it !

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I absolutely LOVE it this product. Soon after application, I notice a beautiful, natural looking tan. It lasts for a few days on me, but requires re-application about once a week. This product is a must-have for me, and I would recommend it to anybody looking for a beautiful dark glow :)