Garnier Summerbody moisturings spray mist

No Image

on 7/11/2011 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use the summer body lotion in dark. I'm on my 5th bottle, it's the easiest self tan I've used and I have tried lots! It has quite a strong apricot/fruity fragrance which I thought might irritate, as I have had problems with other self tans causing rashes, no problems with this though I love it! HG for me.

I love this ST (the medium/dark version). I tried the original cream when it came out and liked the results but while initial smell was nice, it developed into a strong ST, not this version. The cream also takes a long time to absorb. This sprays on so easily and evenly, dries quickly but still gives nice moisture even in the winter and I have dry skin. Even really expensive ST dries me out and give my horrible skin rashes but not this which is nice cause it is so cheap. The inital smell is a bit fresh and fruity and then just settles to a very non-smell which is great for ST. Almost impossible to overdue or mess up and the easiest way to tan the hands. Just give a light mist over each hand before you go to bed...I am sticking with this.

Easy application compared to lotions as it dries quickly and is hard to 'overload' skin with product. Smells pleasant and produces a natural, brown tan. I also find that, if after full body application. spritsing top of hands lightly tans them as opposed to having to deal with the white glove effect gradual tan lotions may leave you with.

I purchased the summer body lotion after having disastrous results from johnson's holiday skin.
The lotion was lovely & fruity smelling & absorbed into my skin like a dream.I applied this after a bath on clean exfoliated skin then twice a day over 3 days & the colour was wonderful,although I have to say that if you reapply it everyday for a week it can turn you orange.....so would not advise that!
Overall I like this product.I use it regularly & Dove bodyglow as well,I rate them the same although I think that the Garnier has a better scent than the dove!
UPDATE:Although I do like this product it could have a more deeper colour,I find it stays quite light!

This review is for the 'light' sunkissed version.

I bought this after a disastrous encounter with Holiday Skin which left me with awful eczema.

This mist is silky and light to apply and goes on very well, with no streaks. The colour is natural and takes a couple of hours to develop, but it is very subtle. It builds with repeat applications.

It also didn't leave me with that terrible biscuity smell some of these other lotions had - once the initial fragrance had gone it smelt mostly like normal sun protection lotion which isn't too bad.

The only gripes I had with this product were that it dries fast so you have to work fast, and that the spray pump can be a little awkward. However the results were so good I would still recommend it. I use it every other day as I don't like a really deep colour and it is perfect.