Fyrinnae Loose Powder in Fire Opal

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

4.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a beautiful, and strange, color. Hard to describe really. Like a lot of the Fyrinnae darker colors, it has a dark base and a different colored overlay. This base is a dark brown-grey that ends up looking more grey on me. The previous reviewer is correct, in that most mineral eyeshadows and Fyrinnae's darker ones, in particular, need a base. I used HiP paint in Secretive with this. I first applied Envy Me on the lid and this in the crease/outer V. I have found that I needed to foil it to really make the burnt-metallic orange overlay come out. It does look like embers if you foil it. Very unique-definitely more grey than brown, with this unique burnt-metallic orange overlay, but looks dry, not wet. Very interesting color, but a little hard to work with because of the extremely dark base. Get a good blending brush. I used this today with Envy Me on the lid, this in the half-crease/outer V; and Camelot as a highlight. I used Alima's shimmer liner shadow in Koan on the top lashline and it's a gorgeous color combination. I'll probably want a full size of this, because the color is so unique.

on 2/13/2008 12:13:00 AM

This review isn't about this particular color, but about these eye shadows in general. I really like the blendability and layering ability of loose shadows, and this is the best loose shadow I've ever used.

It is finely milled and goes on great! The colors are wonderful, too. I love the photos of each color, both wet and dry, on an actual person.

My only gripe is the length of order fulfillment - I ordered December 13 and just got my shadows on February 8. I'd rather see them raise their prices slightly and hire more help to ship faster. There are some other colors I want to try, but will wait until turnaround time is decreased.

But, I have to say - these definitely were worth waiting for!