Fyrinnae Loose Powder in Fire Opal

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Greyish coppery brown, i SUPPOSE. Hard to pin down. Sounds complicated, yet it's so well-blended that it's more subtle than stark. It makes my brown eyes look so pretty.
I used it with lots of eyeliner and a bit of Te Amo.
Made for a really *smouldering* look, reminiscent of Monica Bellucci.
Except poor Monica, face of boring old Dior, doesn't seem to know about Fyrinnae, so her makeup will never be so special.

on 12/25/2011 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this eyeshadow SO much it's kind of ridiculous. On me, it shows as a bright orange-gold (when applied wet or over Pixie Epoxy) when hit by direct light. It goes to a sort of darkened bronze when in shadow, and if applied dry or without any sort of sticky base, is a multi-tonal grey with flashes of orange. This, at least, is how it showed up on me--black eyelashes, dark brown eyes, light-olive skin tone. I'd definitely recommend this if you're into "autumn" sort of colors--the burnished gold along with the grey kind of screams campfire or autumn leaves changing color--or if you're into one of those shadows you can brush on that look like two or three colors blended together. It really is an easy effortless way to have stunningly beautiful eye makeup :)

on 1/16/2011 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Rave rave rave rave rave! Well in reality I really have to rave about ALL of Fyrinnae's eyeshadows! I love em all. Today I decided to use Fire Opal, hence the review. It is just so gorgeous! The last reviewer posted a pic that shows this shade pretty faithfully, so I won't describe it. Well I will, it's like this burnished gold/bronzy/coppery tone with a dark base. I followed the suggestions of other MUA'ers here and applied it alone over primer. I use Vaseline as a primer, just the teentsiest tiny little dab of Vaseline, almost like nothing, is enough. However using Vaseline makes it difficult to blend these shadows, so I prefer to use them alone. One day I'll master the technique of blending with Vaseline as a primer (it's quite sticky so doesn't blend well), and then for sure I'll make some more exciting looks combining shadows!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love fyrinnae products in general, and fire opal is one of my favorite shades of their eye shadows. The site describes the base color as dove gray, but in my experience it was a little more brown than what I would call dove gray. It was still grayish enough for someone like me who doesn't wear much brown, though. The glowy, shimmery part to the eye shadow is exactly as described - this kind of orangey glow. I think ImCastingMagicMissiles described it as being like a campfire dying down, and that is v. accurate. I use this as shadow all over the lid with Bastet as a liner for a dramatic, smoky look, or wet as a liner by itself for daytime. Love this.

on 11/29/2007 1:46:00 PM

I wanted to like this color so MUCH! It appears muddy on my eyes and looks more gold/orange than grey most of the time. Orange sheen all over and very sheer even with UDPP.
If I wanted orange sheen that I could just buy Fire and Brimstone from theshespace.com.