Fyrinnae Loose Powder in Fire Opal

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fire Opal is kind of a pretty blackened bronze maybe? Deep orange with brass shimmer? It is a little hard to describe, but it sure is pretty. Swatches seem to do it some justice, though it is a little prettier in person. It is dark, so I prefer to wear it as a liner, but it is a nice crease shade as well.

on 12/25/2011 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this eyeshadow SO much it's kind of ridiculous. On me, it shows as a bright orange-gold (when applied wet or over Pixie Epoxy) when hit by direct light. It goes to a sort of darkened bronze when in shadow, and if applied dry or without any sort of sticky base, is a multi-tonal grey with flashes of orange. This, at least, is how it showed up on me--black eyelashes, dark brown eyes, light-olive skin tone. I'd definitely recommend this if you're into "autumn" sort of colors--the burnished gold along with the grey kind of screams campfire or autumn leaves changing color--or if you're into one of those shadows you can brush on that look like two or three colors blended together. It really is an easy effortless way to have stunningly beautiful eye makeup :)

on 1/16/2011 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Rave rave rave rave rave! Well in reality I really have to rave about ALL of Fyrinnae's eyeshadows! I love em all. Today I decided to use Fire Opal, hence the review. It is just so gorgeous! The last reviewer posted a pic that shows this shade pretty faithfully, so I won't describe it. Well I will, it's like this burnished gold/bronzy/coppery tone with a dark base. I followed the suggestions of other MUA'ers here and applied it alone over primer. I use Vaseline as a primer, just the teentsiest tiny little dab of Vaseline, almost like nothing, is enough. However using Vaseline makes it difficult to blend these shadows, so I prefer to use them alone. One day I'll master the technique of blending with Vaseline as a primer (it's quite sticky so doesn't blend well), and then for sure I'll make some more exciting looks combining shadows!

on 9/27/2009 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm very happy that I bought a full-size of this color; it's appearance is just like that of the picture on Fyrinnae and looks stunning on my blue eyes. Today I just brushed this color across my lids with nothing but a primer, and had a coworker comment on how I must spend a lot of time to get my eyeshadow to look so great; she thought I was wearing multiple shades when it was simply fire opal instead ;)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a beautiful, and strange, color. Hard to describe really. Like a lot of the Fyrinnae darker colors, it has a dark base and a different colored overlay. This base is a dark brown-grey that ends up looking more grey on me. The previous reviewer is correct, in that most mineral eyeshadows and Fyrinnae's darker ones, in particular, need a base. I used HiP paint in Secretive with this. I first applied Envy Me on the lid and this in the crease/outer V. I have found that I needed to foil it to really make the burnt-metallic orange overlay come out. It does look like embers if you foil it. Very unique-definitely more grey than brown, with this unique burnt-metallic orange overlay, but looks dry, not wet. Very interesting color, but a little hard to work with because of the extremely dark base. Get a good blending brush. I used this today with Envy Me on the lid, this in the half-crease/outer V; and Camelot as a highlight. I used Alima's shimmer liner shadow in Koan on the top lashline and it's a gorgeous color combination. I'll probably want a full size of this, because the color is so unique.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

What I have learned about Fyrinnae's shadows is that to truly see the complexity of the colors. . you need a base of something. A paint or a fluidline or even apply wet and then apply again over the wet with a dry brush and shadow. This color has been described beautifully in the other reviews. It is amazing and unique and I have to say that I crave this color in other products (like nailpolish)

on 6/17/2007 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love Olivia's description of the color below, so I will just say '2nd!" It is simply lovely, and totally unique. I have fair, neutral skin, blonde hair and blue eyes, and it works so well with my coloring. I would love to see this on green eyes!

I want to emphasize that even though it has "red" in the description, this isn't a product to immediately run from. I say this because I usually must avoid red/pink toned e/s like the plague...I can't get near MAC Cranberry, Sketch, Trax, (or even Mulch) etc. The way it plays with the grayed down copper, it just seems to work. A sample size (which is more than generous!) is just $1.50, so it's worth a try!