Fyrinnae Loose Powder in Fire Opal

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/25/2011 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this eyeshadow SO much it's kind of ridiculous. On me, it shows as a bright orange-gold (when applied wet or over Pixie Epoxy) when hit by direct light. It goes to a sort of darkened bronze when in shadow, and if applied dry or without any sort of sticky base, is a multi-tonal grey with flashes of orange. This, at least, is how it showed up on me--black eyelashes, dark brown eyes, light-olive skin tone. I'd definitely recommend this if you're into "autumn" sort of colors--the burnished gold along with the grey kind of screams campfire or autumn leaves changing color--or if you're into one of those shadows you can brush on that look like two or three colors blended together. It really is an easy effortless way to have stunningly beautiful eye makeup :)

on 1/1/2010 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is a really pretty burnished gold shade with a black base to it. The finish is so shiny that it's almost metallic, but not quite.
I've only tried this dry and not foiled, so I can't comment on any other applications.

I can't say that this is an incredibly unique shade, but it is really pretty and so far I haven't seen an 'exact' dupe to it.

I was a little disappointed when it showed up because I was expecting more of a color-range to it...maybe some pink shimmer to it along with some green, but on my fair skin it's more of a burnished gold, and I've noticed that while wearing it, if some of the gold rubbed away there was a black base left underneath it.

I got this as a good sized sample from a trade here on MUA, so I can't comment on the price or normal full-size.

Here's a pic. of myself wearing it:
continued >>

This is a beautiful and unique eyeshadow. It's a shimmery grayish bronze. It looks gorgeous if you use it wet as a liner. Then it looks like a metallic bronze. It also makes a pretty lipgloss color. I will repurchase this one.