Fyrinnae Loose Powder in Fire Opal

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/25/2011 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this eyeshadow SO much it's kind of ridiculous. On me, it shows as a bright orange-gold (when applied wet or over Pixie Epoxy) when hit by direct light. It goes to a sort of darkened bronze when in shadow, and if applied dry or without any sort of sticky base, is a multi-tonal grey with flashes of orange. This, at least, is how it showed up on me--black eyelashes, dark brown eyes, light-olive skin tone. I'd definitely recommend this if you're into "autumn" sort of colors--the burnished gold along with the grey kind of screams campfire or autumn leaves changing color--or if you're into one of those shadows you can brush on that look like two or three colors blended together. It really is an easy effortless way to have stunningly beautiful eye makeup :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love fyrinnae products in general, and fire opal is one of my favorite shades of their eye shadows. The site describes the base color as dove gray, but in my experience it was a little more brown than what I would call dove gray. It was still grayish enough for someone like me who doesn't wear much brown, though. The glowy, shimmery part to the eye shadow is exactly as described - this kind of orangey glow. I think ImCastingMagicMissiles described it as being like a campfire dying down, and that is v. accurate. I use this as shadow all over the lid with Bastet as a liner for a dramatic, smoky look, or wet as a liner by itself for daytime. Love this.