Fyrinnae Loose Powder in Fire Opal

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.2

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fire Opal is kind of a pretty blackened bronze maybe? Deep orange with brass shimmer? It is a little hard to describe, but it sure is pretty. Swatches seem to do it some justice, though it is a little prettier in person. It is dark, so I prefer to wear it as a liner, but it is a nice crease shade as well.

on 1/1/2010 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is a really pretty burnished gold shade with a black base to it. The finish is so shiny that it's almost metallic, but not quite.
I've only tried this dry and not foiled, so I can't comment on any other applications.

I can't say that this is an incredibly unique shade, but it is really pretty and so far I haven't seen an 'exact' dupe to it.

I was a little disappointed when it showed up because I was expecting more of a color-range to it...maybe some pink shimmer to it along with some green, but on my fair skin it's more of a burnished gold, and I've noticed that while wearing it, if some of the gold rubbed away there was a black base left underneath it.

I got this as a good sized sample from a trade here on MUA, so I can't comment on the price or normal full-size.

Here's a pic. of myself wearing it:
continued >>

on 2/13/2008 12:13:00 AM

This review isn't about this particular color, but about these eye shadows in general. I really like the blendability and layering ability of loose shadows, and this is the best loose shadow I've ever used.

It is finely milled and goes on great! The colors are wonderful, too. I love the photos of each color, both wet and dry, on an actual person.

My only gripe is the length of order fulfillment - I ordered December 13 and just got my shadows on February 8. I'd rather see them raise their prices slightly and hire more help to ship faster. There are some other colors I want to try, but will wait until turnaround time is decreased.

But, I have to say - these definitely were worth waiting for!

on 11/29/2007 1:46:00 PM

I wanted to like this color so MUCH! It appears muddy on my eyes and looks more gold/orange than grey most of the time. Orange sheen all over and very sheer even with UDPP.
If I wanted orange sheen that I could just buy Fire and Brimstone from theshespace.com.

Interestingly, all three of the color descriptions below work. Yes, this color is that complex. It reminds me of when a campfire is dying down... lots of greyish brown ash but still a few glowing pieces benieth it all. For this reason, Fire Opal looks especially great with golds, coppers, browns, and oranges. It wears very well, like other Fyrinnae eyeshadows, and I often don't need a base, despite having oily eyelids.

This is a beautiful and unique eyeshadow. It's a shimmery grayish bronze. It looks gorgeous if you use it wet as a liner. Then it looks like a metallic bronze. It also makes a pretty lipgloss color. I will repurchase this one.