Fyrinnae Loose Powder in Fire Opal

Price: $

on 1/1/2010 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is a really pretty burnished gold shade with a black base to it. The finish is so shiny that it's almost metallic, but not quite.
I've only tried this dry and not foiled, so I can't comment on any other applications.

I can't say that this is an incredibly unique shade, but it is really pretty and so far I haven't seen an 'exact' dupe to it.

I was a little disappointed when it showed up because I was expecting more of a color-range to it...maybe some pink shimmer to it along with some green, but on my fair skin it's more of a burnished gold, and I've noticed that while wearing it, if some of the gold rubbed away there was a black base left underneath it.

I got this as a good sized sample from a trade here on MUA, so I can't comment on the price or normal full-size.

Here's a pic. of myself wearing it:
continued >>

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing! I can normally not wear reds, purple, or orange toned eyeshadows, but this is different. It's a grey slate brown base with a gorgeous orangey overlay. Makes my dark brown eyes pop. I dab it on lightly over a clear primer (UD PRIMER POTION) and the result is absolutely amazing.

on 6/17/2007 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love Olivia's description of the color below, so I will just say '2nd!" It is simply lovely, and totally unique. I have fair, neutral skin, blonde hair and blue eyes, and it works so well with my coloring. I would love to see this on green eyes!

I want to emphasize that even though it has "red" in the description, this isn't a product to immediately run from. I say this because I usually must avoid red/pink toned e/s like the plague...I can't get near MAC Cranberry, Sketch, Trax, (or even Mulch) etc. The way it plays with the grayed down copper, it just seems to work. A sample size (which is more than generous!) is just $1.50, so it's worth a try!