MAC Brow Set - Mink

No Image

4.6

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

So I lucked out because my store only had two of these left and I made sure to buy both. I hate myself for only finding out about this product now... I should have stocked up from the first time it was released =(

Anyway, I was previously using Brow Set in Show-off which was far too reddish brown and the consistency of the product was too thick and somewhat runny... so it was easy to get clumps in my brows. The colour of Show-off was also too red based for my black-brown Asian hair. The only use I got out of it was when I was going out and wanted a little extra flair for my brows... =/

Mink, however, was so pleasantly surprising! The colour is a semi-glossy finish, matte dark brown with neutral undertones. The consistency of the product is also perfect because it is a little lighter IMO than the Show-off I purchased (fresh from a PRO store). It really is a beautiful finishing touch to my brows, whether or not I have a brow pencil or powder on underneath. It also offers some hold on those brow hairs that just won't cooperate and it lasts the whole day without flaking or wearing off.

If it ever comes out again, I will definitely repurchase! A+++++

on 4/14/2010 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This a fantastic product for brows because it's a lightly-pigmented gel, not a powder, so my lashes never look chalky. The formula really holds my brows in place, while the mink shade adds a pop. I highly, highly recommend.

on 3/6/2010 7:35:00 AM

Gel is beautiful! Much better than pencils and powder. I've tried enough to know. Mink is the best product for brows!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am in love with this product. I never really took the time to add product to my eyebrows, but once I found this product it changed my makeup routine forever. It's so easy to apply and brightens up your face by defining your brows. Once I figured out I really loved this product I went and bought two backups since it's LE. =]

I looove this product. You can just brush some on for instant brow definition or draw on the brow with a pencil and finish with this for a perfectly-perfected eyebrow! Brow Sets add color to the hairs, fill the brow, and hold the hairs, but what I love about this specific color is that it doesn't have a metallic finish. It is the only shade that has a flat color. Mink is a dirty ashy dark brown which works perfect for me. I have bought many because they release this only once every two years which KILLS me! It first came out with Catherine Deneuve in 06, then Emanual Ungaro 08, and now All Ages, All Races, All Sexes 2010! I need all of it!

on 12/22/2009 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought two of these because I needed a product to define my brown without making them look like a drew them on and also to tame them so that my brows are not having a "bad hair day." This product definitely accomplishes those tasks very well. In fact, it is the only brow product I use. I did away with pencils for brows completely and I could not be happier. I think MAC is re-promoting this in the All Ages All Races All Sexes collection coming up in January 2010 but it may already be a permanent product. If this fits your hair color, I would definitely recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I would buy this again in a heartbeat.

I'm a brunette. Usually brow gels are too warm or dark for me.

this is the most beautiful shade of neutral dark brown. Perfect for grooming my brows.

Can be used alone for completely (better than) natural look or after I've defined brows with other colours for a very polished look.

Except for that my brows look good you can't tell I'm wearing it. No crunchiness, flakiness or etc.

I'm not sure how this would go if you needed firm control of your brows, mine just need a little bit of help to stay put.

on 3/31/2009 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this! I used to use Mahogany Natural Brow Shaper from Bobbi Brown but i find that this is better. Like all the other reviewers, i was totally bummed when i found out that it was limited edition - i ran out and bought another one when it was re-promoted under the Blonde Brunette Redhead Collection. I'm an NC43 and my hair and eyebrows are blackish - the other colours in their regular collection look copperish orangish on me which is just soooo wrong ... Maybe if enough folks clamour for it, they might make it part of their regular collection?

on 3/30/2009 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I ended up with 2 of these, cause I ordered one from MACs Gone but not Forgotten, and then a few weeks later it was listed under Goodbyes on the MAC website. Mink is a dark brown brow gel does a pretty good job of setting the brows. I love the color and Im a little pissed that MAC made their only dark brown brow set LE. Wish it had a firmer hold, but it does get the job done.

on 2/20/2009 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product is PERFECT--easy to apply, long lasting, beautiful color. I have no idea why it's an LE because I would definitely repurchase. As it was, I snagged the last one from my local MAC counter. I had used Bobbi Brown's brow set before, but this one works far better. It doesn't clump and the transparent case lets you see how much more is left.

Popular Brows Products