MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

I have dry skin and am prone to texture. The only reason why I bought this powder foundation was due to the fact that I was looking for a relatively affordable powder to pair with my Face & Body foundation (which is quite sheer). I still need some coverage on my nose/chin, so this seemed like a good choice.

I love the packaging and just how smooth this powder feels. My only concern is - it is really easy to go overboard with it and when that happens (especially if you have texture) it will emphasize every little pore and imperfection. Considering dry skin is already pretty matte, this might make it look that extra bit dehydrated, so my biggest advice would be (to people with dry skin, who are interested in this powder) to apply as little as you can. It does last really well throughout the day and sets your makeup nicely, but you need to be careful with how much you apply. You can read more tips on application here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/06/21/MAC-Haul-Something-New-Something-Old-Something-Gifted). I think this one compact alone will last me ages, so I don't see myself repurchasing it. Still on a hunt for that perfect powder foundation for dry skin tbh!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is buildable and makes my skin look incredibly smooth and clear. Very convenient to grab and go. I have no complaints. Great shads for me is NC42 perfect match. I also have the full coverage liquid foundation which I use for nights.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as light foundation or as powder. Finely milled, but relatively good coverage. A bit more coverage than Geller Balance & Brighten but less illuminating and a bit drying. I like it in combination with a full foundation such as EL Double Wear, to dust under the eyes over concealer. For casual daywear, it's not quite as much coverage as I'd prefer but it's comfortable and gives the no-makeup look with some coverage of uneven pigment. Just not a lot. I love the compact. I wear NW25 which is for cool tones and the color is a good match.

on 5/20/2017 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used this back when I has oilier skin and used powder foundation. I am NC 30-35, combination skin, prone to hives and milia, but in this product. if I recall correctly, C3. C is more yellow, less neutral, but the shades looked pink or warm to me. This didn't break me out, but it did oxidize a bit darker on my forehead and nose (oilier areas), and I would touch up. This lasts forever. Back then, I just used the sponge in the pan; and, I didn't know much about brushes or primers etc.

Now, with more dry patches, I prefer a cream or liquid foundation. I use Cinema secrets palette 300 (olive skin tones), Cinema secrets corrector palette 2 (formerly 600 series, more for blue undertones) both diluted with medium, moisture spray etc., and Ben Nye loose powder (banana for highlight; Dolce for skin match; olive Sand when I am tan). I prefer this because I can sheer out the coverage or build it up in two minutes. Spare application, priming and sealing reduces cakiness and creasing. WnW setting spray dabbed on via a cotton pad gives it staying power. I have a lot of success with Wayne Goss's powder under foundation technique and with using my sigma angled kabuki to apply.

on 5/17/2017 2:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Oldie but a goodie. It holds up way better and wears/looks better than their liquid foundations in my opinion.

on 5/9/2017 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been loving this powder foundation since I first bought it. I love that it came in a light enough color for my very fair skin, but after I've tried other powder foundations I find it quite chalky and drying. You get a lot of product for the price compared to other well-reviewed powder foundations though.

on 4/20/2017 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Iv been using this for many many years and it's just become a staple in my bag. I use nc43 it does leave me oily after a few hours but it is very good for a powder. The colour is spot on and I sometimes use it with a brush on top of liquid foundation if I need more coverage. I would recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Fine, I think! I've never really used any other powder foundation so maybe I'm not appreciating it as much as I should! The $40 CAD price tag is a bit much - though I did repurchase after my old one ran out.

Worth every dollar. This is a very high quality, fragrance-free powder foundation. I can always rely on this to turn me from drab to fab in under 3 minutes. It never fails to deliver for a smooth, flawless, full coverage look that lasts all day. Great for photographs as well- looks natural and glowing never cakey. I use a powder brush for when I have more time to do my face and then the included sponge for when I'm in a hurry in the morning. Doesn't break me out or cause dryness. I'm hooked!

on 3/29/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE THIS!

Best foundation ever, you can build up to your desired coverage. I don't use the provided sponge, I use a powder brush and if I want more of a fuller coverage I wear the Mac concealer (in the pot) under and just build up with this on top. I feel it last awhile and doesn't give that cakey feel or look.
I purchased this for the first time in November 2015, I don't use makeup often, usually only on weekends, so its now 2017 and I still have this and still hasn't dried and still using it without any problems!

I use NC45 and its a darker shade and I just hope they don't discontinue it!