MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 3/13/2019 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this product for 20 years+. I use Mac concealer underneath, due to melasma. I have three compacts due to tanning in the summer: nc35, nc40 and nc-42.Yes, it does oxidize so I use nc-35 in the winter. Easy to use, not cheap but lasts a long time. Apply with a face powder brush or kabuki brush.

on 3/7/2019 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is hands down the best foundation product for me. I should qualify, I have an oil prone combination skin with very enlarged pores and fluid foundations simply look awful on me. I am also not fond of the caked look so discovered that this foundation allows me to have coverage in areas that I wish to work on and because the colour match is SO GOOD I do not need to cover my whole face, really. Its a super product and I keep trying other things, like different mineral pwder foundations but nothing so far has worked as well as this. HUGE thumbs up from me, I hope they never discontinue this product!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have hit pan hence the review.
It is a very good product - it does look good on me alone with maybe concealer
Good quick fix gives a softened cleaner look
In the most ‘honest’ mirrors/lighting I don’t think it looks at all bad (pores etc- everything is fine)
I just won’t repurchase because I don’t need it much.

I don’t need a powder which can be heavy enough to serve as foundation. I use cream or liquid more often and this on top is overkill - looks like Amy Childs or someone else from that creepy show not what I want.

I would rather have a reliable setting powder that goes on lighter.
This is a reliable powder for anyone in a rush all the time who just wants one step and go! But I don’t do that anymore.

I also have sensitive skin and I find my skin doesn’t react well to this. Though I often ignored it I know it is the cause of breakouts or under the skin bumps that come when I use it.

on 2/27/2019 3:54:00 AM

This succeeded my Physician’s Formula loose mineral powder. I was looking for a heavy coverage powder to layer onto skincare since I wanted a skincare base and whatever coverage I could get on top.

After much research, I found out there weren’t a lot of highly rated powder foundations. Nor were some of the well-rated ones easily accessible. A couple of niche brands you can only purchase online and have to wait weeks for.

I resigned to Studiofix, to Mac’s credit, the website did a very good job with helping to pick a shade. They ask you questions and you pick the spectrum you’re in light to dark and warm to cool. Then they offer you a few shades in that category and you pick what you think matches best. It was NC20 for me.

I went into the Mac store, I also asked the saleswoman what colour she thought would suit me, she said NC20 or NC25. I tested both and NC20 was the perfect match.

So bravo to Mac and that very competent saleswoman/MUA. The colours displayed on the website is very realistic to what the shade is in real life.

Ultimately, I hate it. I can’t for the life of me make it look good. I have dry skin. The first time I applied it with the sponge it was very cakey. The second time I applied it with the sponge over moisturizer and buffed it in with a Sephora buffing brush ny skin still looked horrifically.

I spritzed my face with water it didn’t do anything. It was soooo cakey.

How greasy does your face have to be for the powder to melt in? Also, you expect the compact to be in good condition when you repeated rub your sponge/brush on it after being in contact with the cream on your face?

I’m definitely bitter I wasted C$40 on a powder that looks horrendous on my face. Cosmetic companies need to be more upfront about which skin types their products won’t work well for rather than trying to make it sound like it will work for everyone as long as you compensate in some way.

Putting moisturizer/oil/primer first and using a buffing brush did nothing to make this powder look good on me.

It also always broke me out. At the end of day after wearing Studiofix, without fail, I’d have a new big pimple or three medium pimples. Ridiculous how clogging this foundation is.

on 1/27/2019 3:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This foundation is great if you have oily/combo skin. I can get very oily and this helps dampen the shine better than any powder I’ve ever tried, plus it’s so well-matched to my (NC25) skin that I can just apply it on certain patches and re-apply without looking. It’s full coverage without looking cakey. I wouldn’t recommend this for dry skin (my dry patches get flaky so I avoid them with this foundation) but for greasy mofos like me, it’s a godsend. I’ve been using this product for over 5 years and I think I’m on my fourth one, so it’s pretty good value as well - make sure to buy some extra sponges with it, for hygienic purposes.

on 12/22/2018 12:00:00 PM

My HG if I wear makeup. There are so many shades to pick from so that’s a plus. I love the packaging. This will not irritate your skin and is good if you suffer rosacea. I know someone who has it and she hasn’t had a flare up since using it. It must be the silica, since that absorbs excess oils that are irritating for those skin types. This goes really well under many Moisturizing creams and lotions. Just apply three mins after so the powder can stick to the cream. If you want a super mattifying affect, put Aveeno Lotion under it. If you want a dewy look, use a dewy Cream/Lotion. You can make this powder matte or dewy and that’s why it’s the best. I like to use it with a fluffy brush and I pat it on my face lightly bc I don’t need much coverage. If you need more coverage, ask the Mac people bc they will assist you by selecting the brush that fits you best. They are really helpful. Besides this powder I also like cover girl matte bc that as well won’t make you look greasy and is also amazing for sensitive Skin. Now if you are the dry skin type and you’re older, the cover girl matte won’t be good for you unless you moisturize really well, but I’d advise to stay away. But this powder is actually good for dry skins bc it’s not drying. Just use a moisturizer or primer and create your own affect, dewy or matte. It’s very versatile and up to you and that’s why it’s great. When I wear this I look natural. It’s not a mask! I don’t wear makeup everyday but If I do this is my first option. It’s also easy to remove as well for people who hate removing makeup. It’s easy to carry around. Easy to apply. Good for first time makeup users. It also doesn’t cake unless you brush on too much in one spot with a dense brush. It’s also especially good for people who get hives, acne, etc. This will prevent that. I recommend this as a first choice option.

on 11/25/2018 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nice pigmented powder, especially to cover skin imperfections.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has become my go-to foundation now! My oily dehydrated skin went haywire this year. All my trusted foundations, even purportedly hydrating Serum Foundation from The Ordinary, were too dry and cakey on me despite me rationing the tiniest amount. I began to avoid matte foundations like the plague.

This foundation, however, gave me the most beautiful finish with medium coverage. Yes, it was matte, but for the first time in a while, it did not cake up or break down. I like to set it with plain rosewater for a more satin finish. The staying power was marvelous, lasting 12 hours without losing a tincture of coverage. Bonus points for being much easier to apply as opposed to a liquid foundation! It is also incredibly versatile.

For lighter coverage, I use a flat top powder brush and buff it all over my face.
For medium coverage, I pick up some power on the same brush, spritz a little rosewater on the brush, and buff it into my skin.

This does not affect the finish of the product at all; just the coverage itself.

If you're looking for oil control, this isn't your bag of chips. But then again, my skin is astoundingly oily, and I start to get shiny about 2 hours after application no matter what I use. So maybe it is just me, and not this powder.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is an amazing powder foundation that leaves skin beautifully finished, matte and looking flawless. You can use this alone and it has a full coverage foundation or you can build it up and layer it over a liquid foundation to help set it and get more coverage.

I'm a light skin and usually wear medium or natural medium foundations and I'm an NW 25 in this.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Amazing powder that keeps you MATTE and keeps the makeup in place