MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

This was a disappointment for me, caked really bad, oxidized, and made me look powdery

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros:
easy to apply
Cost isn't bad
Didn't break me out

Cons:
-Tried NC, C, and NW. ALL had pink tones and I'm strictly yellow undertoned, not a good mix
-light to medium coverage
-doesn't cover any pink or redness
-skin soaks it up so you would Have to keep reapplying
-don't recommend this as your only product for foundation
-NOT for oily skin at all
-doesn't look cakey but doesn't look natural either

Make sure you match yourself and check the color on your jawline/neck area. The lights in store are tricky and make everything look good! Look in natural lighting otherwise you will spend over 100$ for something that doesn't match like I did!

on 2/2/2017 8:19:00 PM

Don't love the price, but love the product. Very finely milled, but still compressed - so not a pain in the ass to use.
Good coverage, but personally use it more to set foundations with lower coverage. Controls oil well, and seems to improve longevity of liquid foundations under it.
Would recommend, despite the price, as I've only managed to make a small dent in the compact I've had for three months..

on 1/16/2017 11:16:00 PM

perfect!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Let me start with saying I use only a powder for foundation. I use nothing else. I really needed more coverage than the mineral powder that I had been using. I have "mature" skin with large pores and some fine lines under my eyes. I also suffer with some dark circles under my eyes as well. I tried Studio Fix power a few years ago when my skin was more oily and it broke me out bad with cystic acne. Made me sad since I loved the natural coverage and that it was matte with plenty of shades to pick from. Well I decided to give it another try. Glad I did because I've been using it for several months without any breakouts at all. I ended up using C35 since I'm a true olive tone. I'm sure I'll have to go darker during the summer months.
Pros: Great buildable coverage, matte finish, hides my large pores/fine lines, ruddiness and dark circles under my eyes, feels light and my skin can breath, lots of shades/tones to pick from.
Cons: A bit pricey, It can be somewhat confusing learning the tones: C,NC,N,NW,W (I suggest doing some research online to help clear up what's what before visiting a store), can be hard to find the "right" shade, I can't say I've never met a "Mac" staff person that I've liked or that was able to match me right :(

on 1/7/2017 4:35:00 PM

Best powder foundation ever, very nice medium coverage and colour match is amazing I wear nc42 which is perfect for my skin tone, it's a nice golden shade, never looks cakey and lasts all day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

makes me too oily. buy i love its shades

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a foundation my mother SWEARS BY for many years. When I asked her what product I should buy when I started taking make-up seriously when I turned 20, she immediately brought me to the nearest MAC store and had me swatched. She told me the best foundations should be an investment, and she was right.

Price: Very pricey but it's MAC, nothing is cheap. Weird thing is I use this religiously everyday for 6 months and I have yet to hit the pan, so its nothing for me to get sad about. Cheap foundations just really doesn't do it for me (I was sent to the hospital several times when found out I was deathly allergic to some of the cheap ones I've used. My face was swollen red, my eyes were swollen shut, and my arms were covered with ugly rashes!) and I worry about the money I wasted on those than spending it on a product I trust.

Product: It's a finely pressed powder, perfect for on the go retouches and traveling. With a damp kabuki brush or damp sponge, I'm able to put this on beautifully (takes a bit of practice). I kid you not people actually think I use liquid foundation on my face! It gives me a nice medium coverage. I don't use concealer but I heard that if you do want to use one, apply that first before putting your foundation.

Performance: By around 4 hours my nose starts to get oily, but I'm able to blot it off with blotting paper without disturbing much of the product. I also don't really use this to retouch for oilyness, I use my innisfree no sebum mineral powder for that (to save the product). By the end of the day it will fade as most powder foundations do, but it fades gracefully. Its one of those moments where you actually look better when your make-up fades! (anyone has the same thing happen to them?)

I say this is perfect for girls with oily and combination skin, and I highly discourage my dry skin sisters with this. I love this product and the only con really is the price. This gives me a nice based and a pretty glow, BUT PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO: GET. THE. RIGHT. SHADE!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I´m so in love with this thing, I walked really confidently asking for the Studio Fix (because I trusted my extensive research in this powder foundation) I got mached and when the employee put it in my face I just did not expect it to look so flawless.

I have dry skin and for some people the combination of having dry skin and using a powder foundation it´s the most big no no of their existence. But I´m in college, I have a tight schedule, I can´t afford valious moments blending and trying not to drip liquid foundation on my clothes, the Studio Fix is one of the most reliable things on my life.

It´s very smooth, it does not cling to dry patches I may have on my face, I never knew powders could be full coverage (and not look cakey) until I bought this amazing thing.

It is that just really and zero doubt satisfaction that your money is well spent.

on 12/20/2016 5:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Holy Grail Product!

I have used this religiously for eight years, I can not be with out it. I love, love, love it. I use it primarily as my foundation, which is what it is supposed to be used for. It is medium to full coverage depending on how you apply it.

I use a round top kabuki and really buff the powder into my skin, I find this gives a really good natural finish whilst being quite high coverage. I sometimes use the RT buffing brush and that works quite well. For less coverage I would use a less dense fluffy brush. I find this powder lasts all day on my skin, oilier skin types may need to reapply throughout the day.

Although this is a high coverage powder I don't feel it sitting on my skin which is amazing.

Some people do use this as a setting powder however I personally find this too heavy as a setting powder.

This powder is great for normal to oily skin types, it may be drying on dry skin.

This is priced at £22 for 15g of product, this is a quality powder which I use religiously and it lasts me well over a year so I think the price is well worth it.