MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the original OG of powder foundations. And it's a multi-tasker which is awesome. In the summertime my skin is normal slightly oily in t-zone. I wear this powder to work and day to day. It holds up in the heat (And I'm in Texas), looks flawless and stays put. The secret is to use a flat kabuki brush if you want medium to full coverage. I press it on first all over my face then go back and buff it in all over... It's always in my bag even if I am trying out something else. I would say if you are dry to moisturize real well before hand and then once it soaks in buffing should not be an issue. Then set it with some finishing spray and you are good to go for the day!! I love this stuff. <3

I cant say enough about this product. It is my absolute go-to holy grail powder. It can be worn as a full face foundation or just lightly applied with a makeup brush for effective coverage. It does run a bit pricey (close to $40 canadian) but it does last me a long time. I have tried drug store powders, which only seem to work well as a finishing powder to set makeup, nothing compares to Studio Fix. On days when im in a rush, which is most days with having two kids, i use my powder brush and it takes me two minutes to get a great complexion! love love love this. quit your hunt, buy this!!

on 7/9/2018 9:35:00 AM

There is a learning curve to using this, as is the case with most powder foundations - but once you get it right it is well worth it. I use the shade C4 and it is a great match for my NC30, neutral-olive skin.

MAC Studio Fix Powder is probably the most iconic powder foundation next to BareMinerals' powders. It comes in a pretty good shade range. The powder itself is very high coverage, but you can sheer it out or build up to medium-full coverage as desired.

The compact comes with a sponge, but I prefer to use a small brush to sweep this on as it gives me more control. I conceal my undereye circles and pigmentation spots first before I go in with a light layer of this powder to even out my skin tone. For more coverage, I advise the "press-and-roll" technique - press and roll your brush into the powder, and then do the same on the areas of your face where you want more coverage.

Now, here's the secret to making this look totally skin-like - FINISHING SPRAY. I use MAC Fix+, but any spray that can "meld" your makeup together and take away the powderiness will do. A couple of spritzes of MAC Fix+ for me means the powder looks just like a liquid foundation, not powdery at all.

Then I go on with the rest of my makeup after I've waited for the spray to dry.

I took one lippie off because I've noticed it can emphasise my pores and it gives me tiny bumps if I use it a few days in a row, but I still love this product nonetheless because the powder packs a ton of coverage whilst feeling much lighter and more comfortable on the face than liquid foundations, and with some finishing spray it looks *exactly* like you're wearing a liquid foundation. If you have oily skin or live somewhere where the thought of having to put liquid makeup on makes your skin crawl, give this a go.

i use this as a powder foundation with the optical blurring brush from urban decay. looks beautiful after a spritz of fix+ overtop, it looks like skin! has good weat time for a powder aswell, plus a very large shade range.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My skin type: I really hate wearing and applying makeup because it always looks unnatural and I also can not find a foundation that matches me well. On top of that, I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin. Even things that are marketed for sensitive skin will leave actual burn marks on my skin.

How I wear it: This powder is amazing! I wear it alone as a foundation. If I need extra coverage in places, I will use the pad that comes with it for those areas, and then finish off with a regular powder brush for the rest of my face. I do get oily towards the end of the day, but I do have very oily skin, and I don't wear a primer. If I wore a primer, I could see this last all day no problem!

Coverage: This powder is Light/medium coverage and while you can definitely tell something is there, it is not cakey at all and looks about as natural as you can get! This powder does a really good job of covering redness, veins on my eyelids, and evening out my skin tone, but you will definitely need some extra coverage on zits or acne because it doesn't cover that.

How much product you get: While this powder is more pricey, it last a long time, especially if you are a minimal makeup wearer like I am! I wear makeup 2-3 times a week and I have had this powder for about 3.5 months.

I will for sure repurchase when I run out!

on 6/11/2018 5:22:00 PM

Dont buy this if you have the least dry skin. I looked like madonna in the 80's, all velvet clowny. Bareminerals works better on me in the winter when im dry since its more "moist". Glominerals is what I go for in the summer (normal). This doesnt even work in the (normal) summer.

on 5/25/2018 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love Mac in general so I was pleased to find that this product works really well on me. It blends like a dream with a smooth matte finish that's great in summer. Plus, it lasts all day without me having to retouch. But, because I have super dry skin I would probably avoid using it in winter.

on 4/17/2018 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

very cakey! makes pores and lines show bad!

on 4/4/2018 6:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Can use it as a powder foundation and setting powder. Quality is quite good, the coverage is medium to full in my opinion — however, with my redness, you can still see it a bit on my cheeks. The product is very good, but I struggle to find the right colour. I tried (and bought) multiple colours (NC20, NC25, NW20) and got advice, but my colour does not seem to be there... I switched to the powder of Bobbi Brown, which has a much broader colour range. If you can find the right shade, I would definitely recommend MAC studio powder.

on 4/2/2018 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4
Price: 3 ($34 CAD)
Packing: 4
Buy again: yes

- - - - - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -
I have acne prone, oily skin.

I bought this because I am going to Thailand soon and while I love mineral makeup, I wanted something that would be easy to bring around, and let a long period of time (and if it matched me, that would also be a plus).

I can't believe that I've waited so long to try MAC products. I have long avoided them because I believed that they were heavy and broke people out, but after many years of trying out makeup and not having a perfect shade match, I decided it was time. I'm currently having more often breakouts than usual, so I'm not sure that they are attributed to the product.

On the MAC website, this product is a long wearing powder foundation. It has an impressive 50 shades! I'm currently matched to C4 - it's slightly dark for me, but the SA wanted to get a slightly dark shade as I will be taking this with me to Thailand and I told her I might tan. I think I am normally an NC30 or C3.

I really like to apply this with a synthetic semi-dense brush - I like the ultimate blending brush by ELF, but a Kabuki brush is a good choice. It allows you to apply the product evenly without looking cakey or heavy. I do layer this with dermablend for concealer over acne shots and they work well together.

I don't find it too drying but I usually spritz with a setting spray just to take away any dry powdery spots. I personally feel like the longer the foundation is on, the better it looks. It just looks good when it's on, and I didn't have an issue with oxidation. I am having more breakouts in the last few months, but I don't think it's related to the foundation. However, do make sure that you remove the makeup at the end of the way so that you don't get breakouts.

I love this and can't believe I waited so long to try it!