MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 10/11/2017 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this since the beginning of time and feel confident every time I repurchase.
I use this as a trusty touch up, if I'm Im going out after work, my daytime foundation has faded, I simply pat this powder over, and it gives good coverage to any blemishes that are on show after the morning fade. It's important to not go overboard as it can look cakey, but the coverage is great.
I have NC 35, NC41 and NC 42 depending on my tan levels. If you'd like a flawless finish to your makeup, and if your liquid foundation does not cover some blemishes, you can use a light hand to dust this on top to add to the coverage. One of my staple handbag items and it does last forever.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think I have the worst luck with ANY MAC products...do they really work?
I have oily skin and some acne-scars in the chin area so I need my liquid foundation. I don`t know if this product is supposed to work on its own or help covering certain problematic areas on top of the normal foundation; but it doesn`t really do any of these. It does not have the coverage to give you a flawless/airbrushed look on its own- it just makes the skin look like it has a tone of powder on it. Also, when it`s applied on top of the foundations it gives that heavy feel to the skin and produces a lot of oil, even after it`s set with powders.
It`s not the worst powder foundation..but meh. You can achieve a good look without it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite powder hands down.

on 8/4/2017 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Indian girls beware... this powder NC range oxidizes a horrible red/orange! I was matched to nc43 which was a decent match in the store, but outdoors it clearly had too much red in it and as the day went on it only got darker and darker! My skin is typical south Indian brown with yellow undertones, mac prolong wear foundation nc42 is a great match and doesn't oxidize. The makeup artists really need to step up their game and not waste our money, I've heard a less red/orange alternative to NC is the C range..which I will purchase next time. For now I use the nc43 as a natural daytime contour.

on 8/22/2017 7:21:00 AM

Seen so many young girls wearing this and looking amazing. It's definitely a full coverage 'done' look and if you have young good skin. It looked ok on me in my 20s but not amazing where I had spotty or oily skin - so, basically it's great with great skin and otherwise not. Looking for something easy to wear in maternity leave I have returned to this in my 30s. Dreadful! Chuck it in the bin territory. Too dry on my older skin, just sits on the surface (I don't have dry skin by the way).

Should add that I have the same colour in one if the fluid foundations and this seems much lighter and washes me out ... go a shade up ...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think this product is great, especially as someone who doesn't really like using liquid foundation. I actually use this as my foundation and obviously it won't give you as much coverage as a liquid foundation but it does give you some pretty good coverage for a powder and I think it's great for oily or combination skin. It's fairly priced for a MAC product. It also works well as a powder after foundation. My color is NC43 and it perfectly matches my skin color so that's a plus as well.

on 6/30/2017 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, there are about 4000 reviews here, but here are my two cents that will probably get buried in others but may help one or two oily skin gals around my age. So I bought this powder a while back and have reached out for it a few times. The reality is that we you get older, you get tired of wearing liquid makeup. Also, your oily skin in 100 plus degree would not appreciate liquid foundation either. No foundation and lots of concealer also won't help. And BB creams and tinted moisturizers are way too scary to write home about. I wear my favorite NYX clear primer and wear this on top. Viola! Who said oily? Who said aging? My face is perfect. Another great thing about this product is that it has better shade selection for people with neutral skin tones. For example, NC30 is a bit light for me. NC35 is way too yellow. NC37 is a weird color that can make me look sick but C4 is my exact match. With any bronzer or blush, this looks good on me. I highly recommend this to oily gals and people who are tired of liquid foundation. It photographs beautifully and creates a flawless look. MAC, thank you again.

I have dry skin and am prone to texture. The only reason why I bought this powder foundation was due to the fact that I was looking for a relatively affordable powder to pair with my Face & Body foundation (which is quite sheer). I still need some coverage on my nose/chin, so this seemed like a good choice.

I love the packaging and just how smooth this powder feels. My only concern is - it is really easy to go overboard with it and when that happens (especially if you have texture) it will emphasize every little pore and imperfection. Considering dry skin is already pretty matte, this might make it look that extra bit dehydrated, so my biggest advice would be (to people with dry skin, who are interested in this powder) to apply as little as you can. It does last really well throughout the day and sets your makeup nicely, but you need to be careful with how much you apply. You can read more tips on application here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/06/21/MAC-Haul-Something-New-Something-Old-Something-Gifted). I think this one compact alone will last me ages, so I don't see myself repurchasing it. Still on a hunt for that perfect powder foundation for dry skin tbh!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is buildable and makes my skin look incredibly smooth and clear. Very convenient to grab and go. I have no complaints. Great shads for me is NC42 perfect match. I also have the full coverage liquid foundation which I use for nights.

on 6/27/2017 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

No because I'm allergic to it. The product gives me flawless face but what I don't like is the product not liking me I'm allergic to it.
Mac Mascara fiber lashes- it hurt my eyes, blur vision, Watery eyes, runny nose, puffy eyes, clog nose and the worst part it made me sick like I'm about to throw up.
Mac studio fix powder and liquid foundation, blush-dried my face, itchy face.
Mac lip liner- crack my lip badly till it bled, and it also gag me. Too bad I can't bring it back I was far away where I bought it plus I am not sure if I can bring it back after I opened it. The product is still here in my house I can't use it.