MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this. I bought this after buying Laura Gellar BnB in Fair and having it oxidize and become orange on me. I really like the BnB but I was frustrated with their extremely limited shade range. The MAC is far less expensive and has a much better shade range. I went to a counter and got shade matched and then later bought it online. I've used this almost daily for at least a year and have still not hit pan. I love this because it's high coverage but natural looking. I don't need a lot of coverage so a little goes a long way (which is probably why it's lasted so long for me). At first I thought it made me look pastey, but it's nothing that a little bronzer and blush can't fix. Overall, this works great on my skin and I would repurchase because it's around the same price as other higher end foundations (if not cheaper) and lasts awhile.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I like this powder foundation, I have a few on the go but seem to use this the most, gives good coverage and NC30 is perfect for me, as long as I moisturise well (I have oily tzone and normal elsewhere) it doesn't look dry, i go over it with my subtle highlighter powder and that gives it a lovely glow.

There aren't many NC10-ish pressed powder foundations- I was looking for a powder with decent coverage, higher than my favorite, Rimmel Stay Matte in Transparent, to use on good skin days when I'm skipping liquid foundation. I also like to set my concealer with pigmented powder.

Apart from good shade selection and solid medium coverage there is nothing exceptional about this product. The mattifying properties are not as good as RSM. Overall SFP+ is more coverage, less mattifying powder in a better packaging (the sponge included to this powder is useless though).
I always apply powder with a puff- press on a product and then very gently dab on areas of my face that like to get oily during the day. I have combo skin, and I'm all for matte face (+ wear glasses and bangs), so I always set my t-zone. This powder is not mattifying enough to keep my forehead from getting oily after 4-5hrs. But since it is a powder foundation I didn't expect it to do it.
This is an okay product- not sure if I'll repurchase it, but so far I haven't found better alternatives. I'd give it 3,5/5 lippies (if it was possible).

This was a disappointment for me, caked really bad, oxidized, and made me look powdery

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros:
easy to apply
Cost isn't bad
Didn't break me out

Cons:
-Tried NC, C, and NW. ALL had pink tones and I'm strictly yellow undertoned, not a good mix
-light to medium coverage
-doesn't cover any pink or redness
-skin soaks it up so you would Have to keep reapplying
-don't recommend this as your only product for foundation
-NOT for oily skin at all
-doesn't look cakey but doesn't look natural either

Make sure you match yourself and check the color on your jawline/neck area. The lights in store are tricky and make everything look good! Look in natural lighting otherwise you will spend over 100$ for something that doesn't match like I did!

on 2/2/2017 8:19:00 PM

Don't love the price, but love the product. Very finely milled, but still compressed - so not a pain in the ass to use.
Good coverage, but personally use it more to set foundations with lower coverage. Controls oil well, and seems to improve longevity of liquid foundations under it.
Would recommend, despite the price, as I've only managed to make a small dent in the compact I've had for three months..

on 1/16/2017 11:16:00 PM

perfect!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Let me start with saying I use only a powder for foundation. I use nothing else. I really needed more coverage than the mineral powder that I had been using. I have "mature" skin with large pores and some fine lines under my eyes. I also suffer with some dark circles under my eyes as well. I tried Studio Fix power a few years ago when my skin was more oily and it broke me out bad with cystic acne. Made me sad since I loved the natural coverage and that it was matte with plenty of shades to pick from. Well I decided to give it another try. Glad I did because I've been using it for several months without any breakouts at all. I ended up using C35 since I'm a true olive tone. I'm sure I'll have to go darker during the summer months.
Pros: Great buildable coverage, matte finish, hides my large pores/fine lines, ruddiness and dark circles under my eyes, feels light and my skin can breath, lots of shades/tones to pick from.
Cons: A bit pricey, It can be somewhat confusing learning the tones: C,NC,N,NW,W (I suggest doing some research online to help clear up what's what before visiting a store), can be hard to find the "right" shade, I can't say I've never met a "Mac" staff person that I've liked or that was able to match me right :(

on 1/7/2017 4:35:00 PM

Best powder foundation ever, very nice medium coverage and colour match is amazing I wear nc42 which is perfect for my skin tone, it's a nice golden shade, never looks cakey and lasts all day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

makes me too oily. buy i love its shades