MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 12/28/2017 11:13:00 AM

I prefer powder than liquid foundation. After years of searching for the best foundation for my skin, i finally found this HG. Its medium to full coverage, able to hide my large pores and blemishes. But its looks and feels heavy on my skin after 5-6 hours.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product, given that the Studio Fix line is great, but I don't get this powder. It doesn't provide decent coverage, it looks fake on the skin, dries to an almost mousse finish, and it looks super cakey. Total fail for me, not even good to use as a face powder as it is so thick.

on 12/22/2017 5:11:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have high hopes for this product because it's expensive and it's MAC. It doesn't control oil very well and it cakes on my face even though I only put little using a brush. It doesn't have SPF so you need some sunscreen under it. The packaging seems a bit flimsy for me. It's just the typical MAC compact and I hope they will upgrade it with a less bulky compact. It only provides medium coverage and you need to build it up so thickly if you want a really full coverage which is bad because it will cake! I still prefer my Burberry one compared to this one. There are a lot of drugstore dupes for this that won't break your bank and your heart when you already hit pan to it because they're so much more affordable. If you want to try it go on but I still recommend a lot of affordable drugstore products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like this product. The NC15 matches me perfectly. Use it for light coverage over liquid foundation, it’s not bad, however there are better & cheaper options out there for the price. The packaging is so chic, very compact & user friendly. Only thing I wish it that it was refillable. (Reduce costs & eco friendly). I like everything about this product except that it’s not refillable and the excessively high price tag.

on 12/8/2017 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product, its the perfect match for my skin tone and it seems to last me all day (both at school and work)

Like this powder. I can even use it alone or on top of foundation. Controls oil. And has a nice finish.

on 11/1/2017 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This powder foundation is meh for me. Have had a couple of these since my late 20's and this product never seems to out-perform other similar products. I recently repurchased this product in a different shade C3 (usually am NC20ish) as the SA had matched me. I always seem to get matched fairly lighter than I like. The thing about this product is that it's known to oxidize (not greatly but notably). I think this may be true w/ oily complexions...but with my normal leaning dry complexion I have never experienced this. As for the formulation, it's long lasting, has great coverage - full medium at best, matte finish, light in texture but can cling to dry patches and exaggerate fine lines. I just feel it doesn't hold up to my skin in many ways. Even when I was younger I felt it left a powdery almost caked on look. In hindsight, I would have stuck to my original intentions of purchasing the MAC Matchmaster Cushion Foundation, unfortunately it has been discontinued...

Update: Dec 28, 2017
After my original review, I was going to wait for the launch of the new product, Studio Waterweight powder foundation. But I decided to give Studiofix one last try,. I returned the C3. Lucky me, I had a b!tchy SA lol, a no-nonsense type which made me want to rethink my return pffft. Long story short, she asked me what my needs in a foundation were and said that Studio Fix is the right product for me. She proceeded to match me, and said that N5 would be my closest match (stating that C3 was a poor match being too yellow for my skin tone - which I totally agreed). To this day I am happily pleased with the match. I use my trusty MAC #170 brush (I know it’s meant for liquid/cream foundations but I find it does the trick for this) and gently blend into my skin and it looks great -> photo ready great. I learned not to apply a second layer which gives a caked-on appearance, although it still shows off fine lines it was diminished with a spritz of Studio Fix+. I can honestly say I have been enjoying this powder foundation now more than I ever did... I have been wearing it daily since I’ve purchased it! I just wish MAC would look into a transfer-proof formulation in powdered foundations..
Changing this from 2 lippies to 4!...

on 10/11/2017 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this since the beginning of time and feel confident every time I repurchase.
I use this as a trusty touch up, if I'm Im going out after work, my daytime foundation has faded, I simply pat this powder over, and it gives good coverage to any blemishes that are on show after the morning fade. It's important to not go overboard as it can look cakey, but the coverage is great.
I have NC 35, NC41 and NC 42 depending on my tan levels. If you'd like a flawless finish to your makeup, and if your liquid foundation does not cover some blemishes, you can use a light hand to dust this on top to add to the coverage. One of my staple handbag items and it does last forever.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think I have the worst luck with ANY MAC products...do they really work?
I have oily skin and some acne-scars in the chin area so I need my liquid foundation. I don`t know if this product is supposed to work on its own or help covering certain problematic areas on top of the normal foundation; but it doesn`t really do any of these. It does not have the coverage to give you a flawless/airbrushed look on its own- it just makes the skin look like it has a tone of powder on it. Also, when it`s applied on top of the foundations it gives that heavy feel to the skin and produces a lot of oil, even after it`s set with powders.
It`s not the worst powder foundation..but meh. You can achieve a good look without it.

on 8/22/2017 7:21:00 AM

Seen so many young girls wearing this and looking amazing. It's definitely a full coverage 'done' look and if you have young good skin. It looked ok on me in my 20s but not amazing where I had spotty or oily skin - so, basically it's great with great skin and otherwise not. Looking for something easy to wear in maternity leave I have returned to this in my 30s. Dreadful! Chuck it in the bin territory. Too dry on my older skin, just sits on the surface (I don't have dry skin by the way).

Should add that I have the same colour in one if the fluid foundations and this seems much lighter and washes me out ... go a shade up ...