MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

I've always been a fan of their powders. They work great on my combination skin and what i truly love from MAC is how great this matches my skin. I use NC40 or NC42. It is always so hard to find any types of foundation that match me perfectly.

on 7/25/2016 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the classic powders in my opinion. I always keep it handy for more humid, more oily days when I require more coverage. And coverage it does deliver! Its super mattifying and makes my skin look photoshop like, doesnt feel too dry despite being more on the dry side.

The only down side is that if applied generous amount it can cause camera flashback.
Otherwise lovely for those more on the oily side looking for fuller coverage out of their products.

To Read all 3862 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/24/2016 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i recently hit pan on this so i thought i should review it.

it does make your skin look flawless; it sets your foundation with an extra layer of coverage. it is a really nice powder and there are sooo many colours available which i do love about MAC. it lasted me almost a whole year with daily use which i love!

however! i have very oily skin and i forgot to use this powder once and although i did look a bit flat my makeup lasted so much longer without using it. the girl at mecca said that this could be due to over using matte products which suck out the moisture and your skin produces more oil to compensate.

it's a nice product but not quite HG status for me and i probably won't buy it again, but still 4 stars :)

My HG foundation powder was discontinued this year. I tried a handful of new products and this was the one I chose. I like it better than what I was using originally. It's lightweight but offers great coverage, I have acne and acne scars . It is very affordable and lasts a long time. It is not Cakey or drying - it's matte but I don't feel like I have powder face. Sets my makeup very well and I really don't have to use much at all. Only downside is, it's not sold at Sephora - so I have to make an extra trip to another store to get this. But it lasts so long that it's really not a problem. My new HG for sure!

on 7/3/2016 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love this product. already use it for 3 years. i use it for everyday makeup without foundation under it. i use itbwith foundation only for special occasion. it gives me enough coverage for everyday use. my shade in nc35. will buy it again.

Ive been using this product for about 10 years and will continue to do so for many more to come. This powder is the main reason I enter a mac store. A little bit about my skin- its dry, dull and a bit textured under the eyes and cheeks. Once i apply this sparingly with the given sponge (which works excellent) it instantly gives me a baby soft and illuminated appearance. I would always receive compliments such as "youre glowing" or "your skin looks like a baby's!" Which I know this powder is the reason! It is excellent at covering any discoloration and blurs out any texture on my face. This product is gold!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff looked worse than horrific on me. I'm oily so I thought a powder foundation would do the trick. Wrong. My office at work has a ton of natural light and I was horrified to see what a dry, cakey mess this powder turned my face into. It aged me 20 years...shudders.

I used this once, that was enough & I returned it. MAC has to be THE most over hyped brand on the planet.

on 6/19/2016 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had such high hopes! I have very oily, very pale skin - and this made my face look dry, flaky, and weirdly yellowy-beige, even though I got it in NW10. My forehead was a mass of big, obvious flakes, and it only got worse as the day went on. Just out of curiosity, after I'd washed off my makeup at the end of the night, I tried my regular powder foundation (which has been discontinued, hence my search for something new), and it looked perfectly smooth. Go figure. And, come morning, I had a few blemishes starting on my face.

This made my skin both *look* worse and *feel* worse - so it lost me on both counts. I returned it, and my search continues!

on 6/7/2016 8:21:00 PM

This is the number one when it's come to the powder foundation. It's my essential product that i keep buying when i ran out.
My skin: combation/dry. Perfect match shade :C2 (nc15-20 / buff in revlon / W2 in loreal)
I use this staff in two ways: as a setting powder and as a foundation and it does the job perfect in both. It's very longlasting ,it looks very natural(if you have the perfect shade) it minimise your pores and literally looks good in sunlight. I think every skin type could use this powder foundation.
Oily skin people can use mattyfing primer underneath, dry skin people can use sth hydrating.
*To set your makeup it does good job and set it perfectly, mattifies skin a little bit and it also add coverage to your foundation.(good coverage)
*As foundation i recommend to use primer for powder to lock on.
My favourite way to apply is using Loreal lumi primer underneath foundation. . This is gonna give extra hydration, glowth because these types of products(mac strobe cream,lumi loreal etc.) are kinda tacky they re gonna make sure that powder is gonna be on your face for longer hours. Use a concealer for dark circles blemishes etc. Then use kabuki brush by sigma to apply it. And i set my makeup with thermal water or mac fix+. Voila! It looks like a second skin and it gives medium-full coverage. Thanks to the primer and setting spray i doesn't look flat matte but neither dewy.
It also saves time for application. I loooove this product! Highly recommended.

on 6/6/2016 9:26:00 PM

As much as I want to love this product I can't :(

I have this product in Natural and in a more darker colour for when I am wearing fake tan. It is drying on my skin and when not applied in a perfect natural light can look over-done and patchy. However a little bit goes a long way and the powder pallet lasts a along time.

The powder itself does last a long time on the skin but as I said, can look patchy especially depending on what you are doing during the day.

Overall I think this product would suit someone that doesn't have combination skin like myself and unfortunately I would look at other powder pallet options.