MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 4/17/2018 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

very cakey! makes pores and lines show bad!

on 4/4/2018 6:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Can use it as a powder foundation and setting powder. Quality is quite good, the coverage is medium to full in my opinion — however, with my redness, you can still see it a bit on my cheeks. The product is very good, but I struggle to find the right colour. I tried (and bought) multiple colours (NC20, NC25, NW20) and got advice, but my colour does not seem to be there... I switched to the powder of Bobbi Brown, which has a much broader colour range. If you can find the right shade, I would definitely recommend MAC studio powder.

on 4/2/2018 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4
Price: 3 ($34 CAD)
Packing: 4
Buy again: yes

- - - - - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -
I have acne prone, oily skin.

I bought this because I am going to Thailand soon and while I love mineral makeup, I wanted something that would be easy to bring around, and let a long period of time (and if it matched me, that would also be a plus).

I can't believe that I've waited so long to try MAC products. I have long avoided them because I believed that they were heavy and broke people out, but after many years of trying out makeup and not having a perfect shade match, I decided it was time. I'm currently having more often breakouts than usual, so I'm not sure that they are attributed to the product.

On the MAC website, this product is a long wearing powder foundation. It has an impressive 50 shades! I'm currently matched to C4 - it's slightly dark for me, but the SA wanted to get a slightly dark shade as I will be taking this with me to Thailand and I told her I might tan. I think I am normally an NC30 or C3.

I really like to apply this with a synthetic semi-dense brush - I like the ultimate blending brush by ELF, but a Kabuki brush is a good choice. It allows you to apply the product evenly without looking cakey or heavy. I do layer this with dermablend for concealer over acne shots and they work well together.

I don't find it too drying but I usually spritz with a setting spray just to take away any dry powdery spots. I personally feel like the longer the foundation is on, the better it looks. It just looks good when it's on, and I didn't have an issue with oxidation. I am having more breakouts in the last few months, but I don't think it's related to the foundation. However, do make sure that you remove the makeup at the end of the way so that you don't get breakouts.

I love this and can't believe I waited so long to try it!

on 3/9/2018 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this product since I first got into makeup in my teens. I'm 21 now and love it just the same, albeit for different reasons.

I used to apply this all over my face with the puff and it would look powdery and flat. It was definitely noticeable. The lasting powder was good, but perhaps those with oily or combination skins would suit this more as a full-on foundation - it did not compliment my normal-dry skin at all.

I use this as a setting powder now. I still use the puff but find that a brush works just as well as long as you're not packing on the product. A thin layer all over the face is good and provides a demi-matte finish. It also provides some nice colour and evens out my skin, which works great considering I never wear foundation (I know this is technically a foundation, but like I said, I don't use it as such!) - I wear the Studio Finish concealer under my eyes, around my mouth and on my forehead, and then apply this to set, before applying another thin layer all over to avoid any shine throughout the day.

Will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the one when it comes to foundation for me. This makes my skin look the prettiest out of any other powder foundation I've ever used. It stays on the longest as well. I've been using this powder since I was 15 so literally 18 years lol. I always try different ones, and the only one that comes close is the Kat Von D power foundation, but MAC C3 is the closest to my light-medium, yellow under toned skin. I also like the coverage it gives when I set my under eye concealer. Most other powders don't add much coverage, but I have super dark circles, and I want full coverage in that area. I apply it with a kabuki brush because I think it's the best way for this product. It helps me get the coverage I want without making my face look cakey. For the under eye area I use the sponge. The only things I don't like are that it contains Talc, which is a controversial product, and that it does transfer. I've had a few embarrassing moments when hugging someone lol, but because it makes me look good quickly, I think I will always keep buying this.

on 3/2/2018 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have normal/dry skin and this powder in shade NW15. I don’t find this powder really does anything. I use it to set my liquid foundation but it doesn’t prolong its wear and doesn’t offer any extra coverage despite being labelled a foundation. I think it’s super expensive for what it is and I wouldn’t buy it again.

I can’t believe I avoided this for years due to reading that this breaks people out!

In fact, I tried this because my dermatologist use this herself and she always looked polished , she gave me the ok after I expressed by doubts based on reviews I’ve heard about. I went straight out to buy it!

I LOVE IT. It’s like magic, it’s so quick, I look good, fresh and it stays that way all day.

Definite holy grail !! I’m onto my 5th repurchase now.

My skin is extremely break out prone skin,clogged prone skin, some fine lines and dry patches near the eyes, Combination/oily T zone, also acne prone. Ugh

Foundation is the most important step of my whole makeup routine. Im rarely without it, and so I’ve tried a ton, I’ve found that powders work best at keeping my skin problem free, worst being stick foundations.

This looks beautiful alone, covers up my imperfections and makes me look so good and poreless. It keeps me matte, natural and flawless. Doesn’t cling onto the dry patches around my eyes. In winter I do set it with Fix+ if My skin feels dryer.

I would not recommend this if you have severely dry skin though. In the summer I’ve set it with urban decay’s all nighter sometimes, but it lasts a Long time on its own as well. I think this is the only foundation that wears beautifully the longest for me.

It’s just so simple quick and easy. I love the ease of use, and there’s no sacrifice in the finish despite quick application.

N3 perfect match for the winter, n4 is too dark on me, I warm it up with hoola in the summer. It does oxidize on me, however n3 is ever so slightly pale on me, but matches my skin tone after it oxidises in 2-3hours.

I’ve used this for a Long time now without a single break out or any thing wild. Doesn’t clog my pores either, however I always be sure to remove it clean. I wash this at the end of the day with clinique’s take the day off cleansing balm, followed by Estée lauder’s Perfectly clean cleanser. I also wash the round sponge thoroughly, and if I’m lazy I use the ones I can replace easily.

If I could only pick one makeup item I can have for the rest of my life, this would seriously be it. Followed by blush in blushbaby.

it’s knocked out my previous love, Estée lauder’s double wear, which turns a tad orange on me but lasts all day, and it felt a little dryer, and was just a pinch heavy/cakey.

Love love love this.

Pro tip, if you are much too lazy like I am and prone to clogging and breakouts, I use the wedge sponges from Sally’s, toss each one out ( repurpose for craft projects, don’t hate on.) every week.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was SO excited to try this product because I thought it was going to give me a flawless airbrushed look on top of my studio fix liquid foundation. But it just looked cakey. That being said, it DOES give a lot of coverage by itself. Because I didn't want to waste it and just waited too long to feel good about returning it, I tried using it alone over concealer and it looks good! It's not a "going out" or special event flawless look, but it's good coverage if you are looking for just a powder foundation. I just would not recommend using this over a liquid foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Girl me and this powder are about to scrap. If you don't have your exact shade, it doesn't blend into the skin it looks like just straight pigment and everyone will know u got the wrong shade, it also doesn't control oil and is cakey. oh and its expensive, girl bye.

OH AND IT OXIDIZES. trash

on 12/28/2017 11:13:00 AM

I prefer powder than liquid foundation. After years of searching for the best foundation for my skin, i finally found this HG. Its medium to full coverage, able to hide my large pores and blemishes. But its looks and feels heavy on my skin after 5-6 hours.