MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 4/20/2017 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Iv been using this for many many years and it's just become a staple in my bag. I use nc43 it does leave me oily after a few hours but it is very good for a powder. The colour is spot on and I sometimes use it with a brush on top of liquid foundation if I need more coverage. I would recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Fine, I think! I've never really used any other powder foundation so maybe I'm not appreciating it as much as I should! The $40 CAD price tag is a bit much - though I did repurchase after my old one ran out.

Worth every dollar. This is a very high quality, fragrance-free powder foundation. I can always rely on this to turn me from drab to fab in under 3 minutes. It never fails to deliver for a smooth, flawless, full coverage look that lasts all day. Great for photographs as well- looks natural and glowing never cakey. I use a powder brush for when I have more time to do my face and then the included sponge for when I'm in a hurry in the morning. Doesn't break me out or cause dryness. I'm hooked!

on 3/29/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE THIS!

Best foundation ever, you can build up to your desired coverage. I don't use the provided sponge, I use a powder brush and if I want more of a fuller coverage I wear the Mac concealer (in the pot) under and just build up with this on top. I feel it last awhile and doesn't give that cakey feel or look.
I purchased this for the first time in November 2015, I don't use makeup often, usually only on weekends, so its now 2017 and I still have this and still hasn't dried and still using it without any problems!

I use NC45 and its a darker shade and I just hope they don't discontinue it!

After using many cheap low-quality powder foundations, I decided to make the switch, and I'm happy I did. This applies quickly and evenly and can be used either on its own of over liquid foundation. It lasts a long time, both with or without primer and setting spray. Unlike other powder foundations I've used, it isn't drying or chunky, and is instead smooth and nearly even creamy. The sponge it comes with is good for applying a thick amount, but for lighter coverage, I use a brush.

on 3/14/2017 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I wear this almost everyday. Have been for as long as I can remember. My holy grail foundation. C3 is perfect on my skin tone. If you have combination, oily or very oily skin this will be the right powder foundation for you. I hope MAC never discontinues this product. I like to wear a tinted moisturizer and than studio fix over it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this. I bought this after buying Laura Gellar BnB in Fair and having it oxidize and become orange on me. I really like the BnB but I was frustrated with their extremely limited shade range. The MAC is far less expensive and has a much better shade range. I went to a counter and got shade matched and then later bought it online. I've used this almost daily for at least a year and have still not hit pan. I love this because it's high coverage but natural looking. I don't need a lot of coverage so a little goes a long way (which is probably why it's lasted so long for me). At first I thought it made me look pastey, but it's nothing that a little bronzer and blush can't fix. Overall, this works great on my skin and I would repurchase because it's around the same price as other higher end foundations (if not cheaper) and lasts awhile.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I like this powder foundation, I have a few on the go but seem to use this the most, gives good coverage and NC30 is perfect for me, as long as I moisturise well (I have oily tzone and normal elsewhere) it doesn't look dry, i go over it with my subtle highlighter powder and that gives it a lovely glow.

There aren't many NC10-ish pressed powder foundations- I was looking for a powder with decent coverage, higher than my favorite, Rimmel Stay Matte in Transparent, to use on good skin days when I'm skipping liquid foundation. I also like to set my concealer with pigmented powder.

Apart from good shade selection and solid medium coverage there is nothing exceptional about this product. The mattifying properties are not as good as RSM. Overall SFP+ is more coverage, less mattifying powder in a better packaging (the sponge included to this powder is useless though).
I always apply powder with a puff- press on a product and then very gently dab on areas of my face that like to get oily during the day. I have combo skin, and I'm all for matte face (+ wear glasses and bangs), so I always set my t-zone. This powder is not mattifying enough to keep my forehead from getting oily after 4-5hrs. But since it is a powder foundation I didn't expect it to do it.
This is an okay product- not sure if I'll repurchase it, but so far I haven't found better alternatives. I'd give it 3,5/5 lippies (if it was possible).

This was a disappointment for me, caked really bad, oxidized, and made me look powdery