MD Formulations Facial Cleanser

MD Formulations Facial Cleanser

3.9

Water (Aqua), Ammonium Glycolate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben 1/17/11

my dermatologist recommended this cleanser years ago. it is great stuff. It makes your skin look healthy and smooth. it is a milky cleansing lotion that contains glycolic acid. I have sensitive skin and it was fine for me. It was always hard to find now it seems impossible. I dont know why this company is not more successful as this product alone is a winner. If you can find it, I recommend you try it. it is very effective, not too expensive and a little goes a long way.

I really enjoy this product for my acne prone skin. In conjunction with Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid hydrating gel and it SAVED my skin. I have almost no acne (and I used to have at least 3 horrible cysts on every cheek at all times) and the old scars are fading. However, I feel like Jan Marini Bioglycolic cleanser works slightly better for me, so that's why I decided to give it a 4 rather than a 5.

on 5/3/2014 7:01:00 PM

I really like this cleanser and ive used it in and off for several years. Sometimes I think its too expensive but I always return. I wet my face and lightly towel dry it before i apply a small amount of the wash on the almost dry face. I rub/massage it around and leave it on to work for a couple of mins before I rinse it off. I find that blackheads are less visable and that my skin absorbs my moisturizer better afterwards! Will repurchase!

on 12/28/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I like this cleanser. It's good and I don't regret buying it. I have dry skin, so I don't use every day, but when my skin needs a deep cleanse, I slap it on, let it sit for a few minutes like a mask, then add on a bit of water + clarisonic, and I am left with very clean skin. To make the skin beautiful then I cleanse again with another , softer cleanser and bamm..beautiful skin.
It's a good cleanser to have in one's arsenal, but personally I wouldn't use it every day ( way too many other to use...) as I prefer foaming cleansers with my Tosowoong, and this doesn't foam.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you have dull flaky skin with dead skin build up or oily skin, you will love this. This is the only product that has significantly reduced my dry flakes (especially around my nose), and I would describe this as a special treatment cleanser/light exfoliant. I actually use this as an alternative to scrubs or aha/bha exfoliants as I find them too harsh for my sensitive skin and makes it even more dry and flaky.

I've been using this cleanser for over 10 years, just in the morning. To use, I first dampen my skin by lightly patting it with water and then message a small amount of this gel/cream cleanser into my skin for at least 20 seconds or so before rinsing it off. It leaves my skin so soft and clean, and does not feel tight or stripped afterwards. Its pricey but last ages as you only need a small amount.

If you are thinking of using this at night, its important to wash your make up off completely first, as this cleanser is useless for washing make up off. Its too gentle and does not foam at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not my everyday cleanser, but good when you need a transitional deep clean. I got this because I love the continuous renewal complex and Vit A Plus night recovery, but I am not super impressed by this cleanser. It's just a cleanser. Doesn't dry out my skin though, which is great and cannot be said for most active cleansers. I guess my expectations were just too high, since the other MDF products I've tried have made my skin look 1000 times better than before.

I should add that I don't suffer from blackheads or large pores, so if that's what it's really for, that might be the reason I am not overly impressed. No rebuy.

on 3/18/2013 7:57:00 AM

Been using this for 20 years. I recently tried other cleansers because I have sensitive combo skin which is getting a bit drier and the blackheads and outbreaks never 100% clear up - however none of the cleansers I tried (including Lancome, clinique etc) compares to this for me. (I also tried the sensitive skin version and did not really see much difference.).

I find this cleanser works best if you follow massage it first into dry skin before adding water. If my skin is suffering a bit too much from blackheads or outbreaks I leave the cleanser on my skin a couple of minute before adding water. When my skin is red and sensitive I wet my skin first before applying the cleanser.

Although the range does not include a toner, I find water quite drying so I finish with a very mild toner, which I also find reduces the outbreaks (I like nuxe rose petal toner).

on 3/11/2013 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This has been my cleanser for years now. Abselutely love it. I've got dry skin, and I also get a lot of impurities and spots. Very annoying! Either way, I started using this and it helped a lot. It just makes my skin overall more radiant and clear. It's the only thing I use for my skin :) As soon as I tried changing (even to other good brands - like Dermalogica) I start breaking out again and get uneven skin color. I would recomend this to anyone who struggles with spots or uneven skin tone! :)

on 2/13/2013 8:55:00 AM

I used to use MD Forumation skin care products, I used to have MD Formulation skin facials monthly and my skin used to break out so badly. My acne would be bright red, I was covered in superficial scars. (The beautician would always make excuses, blaming it all on my skin).

I started using Simple and it saved my skin. I decided to use this cleanser again after my skin cleared up and this cleanser started to agree with my skin.

I apply it to my skin (whilst dry). Massage it with a bit of warm water to make it thicker then I use a warm/hot flannel over my face to open the pores and to gently rub it off, then I rinse it off with warm water. Finally I splash cold water on my face.

I don't use any other MD Formulation products anymore.

People with sensitive skin will find this will irritate their skin.

on 7/8/2012 7:39:00 PM

Amazing cleanser. And for the people saying how expensive it is, it actually isnt at all. I got this for $5.00 on ebay!