Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - All Colors

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - All Colors

3.7

on 6/23/2016 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Let me start out with the FACT that I'm horrible at doing my nails, so some of the problems I mention might be with me instead of the product.

I have 5 of these colors and I love the color. I tend to get a good, pretty even color in 2 coats. I try to watch YouTube videos in between coats so I know to wait until the end of the video to do another layer. This helps me in keeping everything even and as long lasting as possible. I have no problem with the colors and the brush is a nice size.

I use this product with the double duty base/top coat (light blue cap from same brand) as the base coat, and the quick dry top coat (in the red bottle, white cap) for... well, the top coat. This is where I'm not sure what the problem is... I do get a lot of chipping around my cuticles, and once it starts it is so easy to just peal off the whole color almost, if not always, in one piece. I understand that I get the top coat and the base coat all over my cuticles as I suck at painting my nails and since that's clear, I do it less carefully than the color, and because of this I might have moisture get underneath my color... And I also do work at a grocery store and my hands take a really huge beating sometimes... I guess none of this helps.

But mentioning all of the above, if I try not to fiddle with my hands and constantly remind myself to be careful with my nails, I am able to get about 3-4 days of color with little to no chipping. After 4 days is when I either pass one more coat of color or I just have to get rid of it and start fresh.

Overall I really like the selection of colors and I have no problem getting a nice even color on my nails after 2 coats. I enjoy that it is cheap and that the brush is a great size for me. For how rough I am on my nails, I think it lasts a long time, but I bet it would last longer if I didn't work at a grocery store and I didn't fiddle with them (especially after a chip, I love to make the chips bigger because it feels uneven to me and I hate unevenness on my nails).

on 4/25/2016 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in “Tickled pink” it’s a very beautiful light pink color it only takes about 2 coat to look opaque but it takes so long to dry. If you are looking for something similar in the InstaDri formula go with the color “pink blink” I will not repurchase any other color from this line. My favorite Sally Hansen line is still the InstaDri line

To Read all 163 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/30/2015 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is terrible, it takes 3 coats to get a moderately even coverage. Following that it takes about 6 hours to dry. I put mine on last night waited a couple of hours before going to bed and woke up with the polish all uneven and dented. This is true of both the colours I brought. Bit disappointed and glad I got them on sale.

on 10/21/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

These are so affordable, and come in really great colors! However, to me they seemed very runny in comparison to other nail polishes, I needed to be more careful to keep it from applying unevenly or spilling to other areas. It also stained my nails worse than any other polish has when I first tried it on just to experiment, the color was difficult to remove - so a base coat is a must with this, imho! But wearing them with a base and top coat, these polishes don't chip from my toes at all before I remove them in 2-3 weeks.

on 10/8/2015 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got one of the electric summer collection recently, it was reduced from $6.95 to $3 AUD. The shade I picked is called wet suit and I love it SO much. It's a pastel blue, when I look at it, it seems kind of bright, but I don't think it's bright enough to be a neon pastel. I'm not very familiar with neon pastels and I don't own any so I'm not sure. Ether way it is a beautiful colour. It's takes two coats to be opaque. I know some people have a problem with two coat polishes, but honestly I think that's just being way too fussy. I thought the formula was a little runny and that kind of makes it harder to use, it's not really a big deal though. I love the xtreme wear polishes. I've loved every one I've bought so far and I'll defiantly be getting more. I've heard that the reformulated version of pacific blue is pretty bad, but I can't say because I only have the original pacific blue which is AMAZING.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Eh, these are okay, but definitely not the best you can get at a drugstore. The color selection is nice, especially for brights. I had such a hard time applying this, though! I paint my nails very regularly and rarely have a problem. This formula was simultaneously super thick AND super runny, so it flooded my cuticles and came out oddly lumpy in places (I've never had this problem with another polish). I bought this as a cute color I could apply quickly, and the amount of cleanup I had to do kept it from serving that purpose. The color I used -- Pink Punk -- also was not completely opaque after 2 (very generous) coats, and while it looks nice and glossy with my go-to Seche Vite topcoat, it was actually pretty dull on its own. The dry time was also WAY longer than expected.

Packaging-wise, I'm not sure whether it was the aforementioned formula or the thick brush (it did seem very thick to me, and I have wide nails, but I'm not sure) but again, it was a very messy application.

Overall, this isn't the worst polish I've used, but I definitely will stick to the rest of the Sally Hansen options. For a cheapie, I much prefer Sinful Colors.

on 3/16/2015 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Every time I go to the beauty section at Walmart I check to see which colors they have available. This is my go to Polish when I'm in a hurry because usually one coat gives excellent coverage. I actually just picked up a nice pastel blue today and can't wait to do my toes! I'm not a nail polish junkie but I tend to pick up an OPI or venique when they release new colors and I really think the 2 Sally hansens I own outperform every one of my OPI's, with the exception of color options available.

on 3/15/2015 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This was the thickest, gooiest, most disgusting polish I've ever used. I couldn't get a full coat on and removal was a nightmare. It rolled off like latex and got a sticky mess all over my hands.

These nail polishes are a really good bargain. They are one of the cheapest available, at Walmart they about $2.50 and they sometimes have them on sale 2 for $4. There's a good range of colours, there are lots of trendy colours along with the basic ones.
The colour goes on evenly and looks nice and bold with just one coat. The packaging is pretty ordinary with an easy to use brush. With a clear topcoat on, they don't chip for at least a few days on me, and I have not yet used a brand that lasts much longer. Overall, they are not as good as the Essie nail polishes, but for the price I would not expect that. I do think that they perform better or just as well as the more expensive ones from Sally Hansen. I much prefer these to Complete Salon Manicure, which were three times as expensive and did not work well for me at all.

on 9/24/2014 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear clear polish is my HG clear/top coat! I paint my nails once a week, and this polish keeps my nail color looking fantastic. I'm not very brand loyal when it comes to choosing an actual nail color - I usually stick with OPI, Essie, Sally Hansen or L'oreal/Revlon, but I ALWAYS use the Xtreme wear clear top coat! My nails are still (mostly) glossy and chip free by the end of the week.

Popular Polishes