Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - All Colors

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - All Colors

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I buy these occasionally because they're cheap and come in very appealing shades, but I always end up frustrated with the brush, rapid thickening, and wearing off quickly (despite the name). In other words, they're cheap for a reason.

Out of the dozen or so I've tried, the only one I currently own is Pucker Up, a very cute red creme for warm to neutral skintones, pale to medium. I'd like it better if it wasn't a flat creme, though, and it will undoubtedly be replaced by a similar shade in another brand or line with at least a bit of pearl.

on 3/23/2017 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've only tried one color - Tickled Pink - from this line, but the formula is so bad that I won't be buying any others. Goopy, sticky, uneven, so hard to work with. Even three coats ended up uneven and lumpy. Another reviewer said it was like latex paint - totally agree. I actually tossed this one in the trash!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This has to be one of the worst nail polishes I have ever tried. I have never put on a polish that has had so many air bubbles as this one. I tried wearing this several times and no matter what I did, it still bubbled up. It doesn't last long on the nails and it started to chip at the end of the week which was sad to see. You are better off buying Essie nail polishes that perform way better than this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Let me start my explaining that this product didn't get 5 lippies from me because it is somewhat thick and therefore takes quite some time to dry. Otherwise, I love the colors and enjoy a long wearing manicure with this polish. It applies smoothly and without annoying brush streaks.

on 2/8/2017 8:39:00 PM

Found the shade floaties (a pastel peach) in a pound shop. It's a touch streaky and takes a very long time to dry. But the colour is so pretty (not overly bright like some pastels) and as it's got a slight pink tone i find it quite flattering. Plus the drying time issue is easily solved with quick dry drops. It lasted reasonably well on my nails but i expected better from something called xtreme wear.

on 8/17/2016 12:15:00 AM

I bought this because I love the color (Bare it all is the perfect nude for me.. not to beige, just the right amount of blush to complement my skin tone). Forget it! It takes FOREVER to dry! If you have 4 hours (I'm not making this up) I'm still not sure you would like the result. The first time I tried it, I waited forever for it to dry and after over an hour for just the first coat, I had to remove it and go "sans lacquer" to my family reunion. I tried it again tonight. It has been 48 minutes since I put the first coat on, and while I can type, I have to still be very careful. It's still soft and ..... just... it's a horrible product! Don't waste any money. Much better to go out and buy a twenty-eight-dollar bottle of YSL!!!! Not worth your time or patience to buy this crap.
P.S>- I only gave it 3 stars for the price, because I don't care about the price and 3 stars seemed neutral.

on 6/23/2016 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Let me start out with the FACT that I'm horrible at doing my nails, so some of the problems I mention might be with me instead of the product.

I have 5 of these colors and I love the color. I tend to get a good, pretty even color in 2 coats. I try to watch YouTube videos in between coats so I know to wait until the end of the video to do another layer. This helps me in keeping everything even and as long lasting as possible. I have no problem with the colors and the brush is a nice size.

I use this product with the double duty base/top coat (light blue cap from same brand) as the base coat, and the quick dry top coat (in the red bottle, white cap) for... well, the top coat. This is where I'm not sure what the problem is... I do get a lot of chipping around my cuticles, and once it starts it is so easy to just peal off the whole color almost, if not always, in one piece. I understand that I get the top coat and the base coat all over my cuticles as I suck at painting my nails and since that's clear, I do it less carefully than the color, and because of this I might have moisture get underneath my color... And I also do work at a grocery store and my hands take a really huge beating sometimes... I guess none of this helps.

But mentioning all of the above, if I try not to fiddle with my hands and constantly remind myself to be careful with my nails, I am able to get about 3-4 days of color with little to no chipping. After 4 days is when I either pass one more coat of color or I just have to get rid of it and start fresh.

Overall I really like the selection of colors and I have no problem getting a nice even color on my nails after 2 coats. I enjoy that it is cheap and that the brush is a great size for me. For how rough I am on my nails, I think it lasts a long time, but I bet it would last longer if I didn't work at a grocery store and I didn't fiddle with them (especially after a chip, I love to make the chips bigger because it feels uneven to me and I hate unevenness on my nails).

on 4/25/2016 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in “Tickled pink” it’s a very beautiful light pink color it only takes about 2 coat to look opaque but it takes so long to dry. If you are looking for something similar in the InstaDri formula go with the color “pink blink” I will not repurchase any other color from this line. My favorite Sally Hansen line is still the InstaDri line

on 12/30/2015 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is terrible, it takes 3 coats to get a moderately even coverage. Following that it takes about 6 hours to dry. I put mine on last night waited a couple of hours before going to bed and woke up with the polish all uneven and dented. This is true of both the colours I brought. Bit disappointed and glad I got them on sale.

on 10/21/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

These are so affordable, and come in really great colors! However, to me they seemed very runny in comparison to other nail polishes, I needed to be more careful to keep it from applying unevenly or spilling to other areas. It also stained my nails worse than any other polish has when I first tried it on just to experiment, the color was difficult to remove - so a base coat is a must with this, imho! But wearing them with a base and top coat, these polishes don't chip from my toes at all before I remove them in 2-3 weeks.

Popular Polishes