Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - All Colors

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - All Colors

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Let me start my explaining that this product didn't get 5 lippies from me because it is somewhat thick and therefore takes quite some time to dry. Otherwise, I love the colors and enjoy a long wearing manicure with this polish. It applies smoothly and without annoying brush streaks.

on 2/8/2017 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Found the shade floaties (a pastel peach) in a pound shop. It's a touch streaky and takes a very long time to dry. But the colour is so pretty (not overly bright like some pastels) and as it's got a slight pink tone i find it quite flattering. Plus the drying time issue is easily solved with quick dry drops. It lasted reasonably well on my nails but i expected better from something called xtreme wear.

on 8/17/2016 12:15:00 AM

I bought this because I love the color (Bare it all is the perfect nude for me.. not to beige, just the right amount of blush to complement my skin tone). Forget it! It takes FOREVER to dry! If you have 4 hours (I'm not making this up) I'm still not sure you would like the result. The first time I tried it, I waited forever for it to dry and after over an hour for just the first coat, I had to remove it and go "sans lacquer" to my family reunion. I tried it again tonight. It has been 48 minutes since I put the first coat on, and while I can type, I have to still be very careful. It's still soft and ..... just... it's a horrible product! Don't waste any money. Much better to go out and buy a twenty-eight-dollar bottle of YSL!!!! Not worth your time or patience to buy this crap.
P.S>- I only gave it 3 stars for the price, because I don't care about the price and 3 stars seemed neutral.

on 6/23/2016 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Let me start out with the FACT that I'm horrible at doing my nails, so some of the problems I mention might be with me instead of the product.

I have 5 of these colors and I love the color. I tend to get a good, pretty even color in 2 coats. I try to watch YouTube videos in between coats so I know to wait until the end of the video to do another layer. This helps me in keeping everything even and as long lasting as possible. I have no problem with the colors and the brush is a nice size.

I use this product with the double duty base/top coat (light blue cap from same brand) as the base coat, and the quick dry top coat (in the red bottle, white cap) for... well, the top coat. This is where I'm not sure what the problem is... I do get a lot of chipping around my cuticles, and once it starts it is so easy to just peal off the whole color almost, if not always, in one piece. I understand that I get the top coat and the base coat all over my cuticles as I suck at painting my nails and since that's clear, I do it less carefully than the color, and because of this I might have moisture get underneath my color... And I also do work at a grocery store and my hands take a really huge beating sometimes... I guess none of this helps.

But mentioning all of the above, if I try not to fiddle with my hands and constantly remind myself to be careful with my nails, I am able to get about 3-4 days of color with little to no chipping. After 4 days is when I either pass one more coat of color or I just have to get rid of it and start fresh.

Overall I really like the selection of colors and I have no problem getting a nice even color on my nails after 2 coats. I enjoy that it is cheap and that the brush is a great size for me. For how rough I am on my nails, I think it lasts a long time, but I bet it would last longer if I didn't work at a grocery store and I didn't fiddle with them (especially after a chip, I love to make the chips bigger because it feels uneven to me and I hate unevenness on my nails).

on 4/25/2016 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in “Tickled pink” it’s a very beautiful light pink color it only takes about 2 coat to look opaque but it takes so long to dry. If you are looking for something similar in the InstaDri formula go with the color “pink blink” I will not repurchase any other color from this line. My favorite Sally Hansen line is still the InstaDri line

on 12/30/2015 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is terrible, it takes 3 coats to get a moderately even coverage. Following that it takes about 6 hours to dry. I put mine on last night waited a couple of hours before going to bed and woke up with the polish all uneven and dented. This is true of both the colours I brought. Bit disappointed and glad I got them on sale.

on 10/21/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

These are so affordable, and come in really great colors! However, to me they seemed very runny in comparison to other nail polishes, I needed to be more careful to keep it from applying unevenly or spilling to other areas. It also stained my nails worse than any other polish has when I first tried it on just to experiment, the color was difficult to remove - so a base coat is a must with this, imho! But wearing them with a base and top coat, these polishes don't chip from my toes at all before I remove them in 2-3 weeks.

on 10/8/2015 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got one of the electric summer collection recently, it was reduced from $6.95 to $3 AUD. The shade I picked is called wet suit and I love it SO much. It's a pastel blue, when I look at it, it seems kind of bright, but I don't think it's bright enough to be a neon pastel. I'm not very familiar with neon pastels and I don't own any so I'm not sure. Ether way it is a beautiful colour. It's takes two coats to be opaque. I know some people have a problem with two coat polishes, but honestly I think that's just being way too fussy. I thought the formula was a little runny and that kind of makes it harder to use, it's not really a big deal though. I love the xtreme wear polishes. I've loved every one I've bought so far and I'll defiantly be getting more. I've heard that the reformulated version of pacific blue is pretty bad, but I can't say because I only have the original pacific blue which is AMAZING.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Eh, these are okay, but definitely not the best you can get at a drugstore. The color selection is nice, especially for brights. I had such a hard time applying this, though! I paint my nails very regularly and rarely have a problem. This formula was simultaneously super thick AND super runny, so it flooded my cuticles and came out oddly lumpy in places (I've never had this problem with another polish). I bought this as a cute color I could apply quickly, and the amount of cleanup I had to do kept it from serving that purpose. The color I used -- Pink Punk -- also was not completely opaque after 2 (very generous) coats, and while it looks nice and glossy with my go-to Seche Vite topcoat, it was actually pretty dull on its own. The dry time was also WAY longer than expected.

Packaging-wise, I'm not sure whether it was the aforementioned formula or the thick brush (it did seem very thick to me, and I have wide nails, but I'm not sure) but again, it was a very messy application.

Overall, this isn't the worst polish I've used, but I definitely will stick to the rest of the Sally Hansen options. For a cheapie, I much prefer Sinful Colors.

on 3/16/2015 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Every time I go to the beauty section at Walmart I check to see which colors they have available. This is my go to Polish when I'm in a hurry because usually one coat gives excellent coverage. I actually just picked up a nice pastel blue today and can't wait to do my toes! I'm not a nail polish junkie but I tend to pick up an OPI or venique when they release new colors and I really think the 2 Sally hansens I own outperform every one of my OPI's, with the exception of color options available.

Popular Polishes