Avon Skin So Soft Satin Glow Airbrush Spray in Medium

No Image

4.1

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

You need alot of patience with this product. I did not see any effect at all until 2 days after application, and even then it was very very subtle. Only took the edge off my paleness. Have kept at it and being reapplying everyday for last week and only now seeing any real change. It seems even and a nice colour but it takes alot of time and if you miss a day it's like starting all over again. If I shower and exfoliate again I have to start the whole process again. Saying this application is really easy and as it takes so long to get a result you can see which areas you need to apply again/ leave as the product builds up. Despite this I have ordered some more as I did like the colour once it was there and I think if you want something ultra subtle it is good for that.
Just to add there are no instructions in English on the packaging which was frustrating, also no where does it make clear it includes self tanner and could easily be mistaken for normal body spray as it's clear!

No way would I buy this again. I bought this to try because I heard Avon was good and it was the first product I tried by them. I choked twice spraying it and had to breathe into a bag because the smell is so strong and suffocating that I couldn't stand in one spot and spray had to move around to clean air throughout my room. The color is great though. You see results after just a few secs and they last for about 3days so do it daily. Buy the moisturizer instead. I just applied right now. It's fantastic, I have been using it for months.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best self tanner on the market! It is easy to spray (doesnt clog) and dries virtually instantly. I spray it on before bed, wait about 2 minutes to get dressed and wake up with gloriously tanned skin. I am very fair (NW20) and I use the Medium and it's perfect. Bravo Avon!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love this product! It is the most natural looking fake tanner I have ever bought. I am pale and I got the one in the medium, it says that it is a gradual tanner but since I got the medium it tanned me within a couple of hours. The airbrush bottle is convinient too.
It didn't stain my clothes and dried almost instantly, because it is made with a lot of alcohol. The smell of alcohol does give me a headache at first but when I leave the bathroom I feel better. It doesn't have a colorguide but that doesn't matter because it doesn't streak at all and gives a nice even coverage!

The price wasn't too bad, the only downside is that I used it all up rather quickly.

on 7/16/2008 7:38:00 PM

LOVE this product! You don't have to rub it in and it dries almost instantly. Also, I can see a difference in color within 12 hours. I definitely recommend shopping the Avon catalogs to get it on sale - last time I got it for 6 dollars or so a can. The only downside is that this doesn't last very long for me. Before vacation, I went through a whole can in less than a week (I like an all over tan). It would last a lot longer if you were just using it on your legs or something like that.

on 6/5/2008 4:39:00 PM

I absolutely love this product! I have tried so many sunless tanning products, and this is by far the best I have tried. One of the biggest problems that I have with sunless tanners is the amount of time it takes for them to dry once they have been applied. This products dries almost instantly. So I no longer have to stand in front of a fan and wait 30-45 minutes to dress. The scent is pleasant, and the color is natural and gradual. In my opinion it is worth every penny!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like the fact that this is a spray, since that makes application a breeze. However, there is no color guide so I don't know if I am spraying it evenly. I've only used this once, so I'll have to try it everyday to see what kind of results I get. Supposedly after a week there is supposed to be a significant difference. One negative I definitely noticed was the smell. Smells like a mix of alcohol and bug spray. Makes me feel like this is drying out my skin.

I have this in the fair version and I love it. I've tried self tanners with lotion and I definitely haven't liked any but I really like it being liquid textured and spray on. It's easy to apply and works great. I've used it for a few days and I see some color! Don't apply this after you shave cause it really burned the first time I used it though! The directions say not to and I didn't read them :( oh well. I give this a 5!

on 9/23/2007 7:31:00 PM

Best self-tanner I've tried! The pump atomizes the spray so well that you barely have to rub it in with your hands to get a uniform distribution of the product; also, there's no need to use it in conjuction with a body lotion, as there is no threat of streaking with this formula. I used it for the first time last night and I am a LOVELY bronze today! Lastly, it smells just great! UPDATE 11/07/07: Okay, the pump is seriously sucking for me. It stopped working about halfway through the bottle. Argh. I still like this, though! Just downgrading my packaging rating a bit.

on 9/13/2007 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The packaging/ delivery system for this product is fantastic. It's a pump spray that atomizes to perfect droplet size, like an aerosol only better because you have more control over the volume released. Applying it was so easy, and I just knew it was going to be an even looking tan.
The smell is on the bug repellent end of the spectrum, but I've tolerated worse smelling st's.
The reason me no likey is the color payoff is negligible. I'm not looking for THAT gradual a tan. I want to see some change in one application, and I want it brown, not yellow or, god forbid- orange. I cant tell what color this would be because it just never showed up on my med-light skin tone. So unless reformulated, no buy again.