no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I bought this with he crema conditioner. While Crema lett me unimpressed, this worked wonders on my dry, coloured and heat treated hair. My hair just soaked up the proteins! And the smell is just amazing, sort of coconut-ish. Reminds me of summer! Now that i don't use my styling iron as much, my hair is healhier and I don't need all the proteins. But I'll keep a bottle of this, for when my hair is weakened

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Other

2.0

7 years ago

Bought this along with Crema from HauteLook. This is supposed to be for damaged hair, but I found it incredibly drying and stripping. Left my hair feeling rough.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

I got this shampoo because I was desperately searching for something that would repair my hair like my discontinued HG Aveda Sap Moss shampoo. I actually think that this shampoo might work a little better than that one. My hair is dry and brittle, which is the kind of hair Terax says that Collagene is formulated for. When I use this shampoo my hair feels smooth and nourished. I did not know that this shampoo was sulfate free when I bought it, which is a good thing because I would have passed on it as I haven't had the best of luck with sulfate free shampoos. This shampoo is not typical of sulfate free shampoos though. It lathers fairly well and still cleans my hair. My hair is very happy with this shampoo!

About reviewer (106 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

Baaaad

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2.0

11 years ago

I found this shampoo to be just average. It didn't have enough lather for me and it didn't leave my hair feeling noticeably better or anything.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

I have been using this shampoo almost exclusively for about three months now. I think it is a good shampoo for those with damaged hair, but I did not find it to be as moisturizing as other users. Perhaps this is because I have long curly hair. (Pretty sure I'm 2a or 2b, not quite sure how the curl system works) My hair tangles very easily, is dry and damaged. I have been using Collagene in conjunction with Crema about three times a week. At first I didn't notice great results, but over time I've noticed my hair is a bit shinier and I have less damage and breakage. This may be a result of both of the products or just one. However, in times that my skin is extremely dry and sensitive (I have severe eczema flare ups) this does not suit my scalp and I find it to be too drying. I have also tried Miele shampoo a few times and really liked the results. I may have to switch. I can imagine this working for many hair types and would absolutely recommend it due to its less harsh ingredients and good results.

About reviewer (446 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Other

12 years ago

This is by far the best shampoo I've ever had. All the other shampoos that I tried earlier made my hair fall off more than it really should. So I ended up trying all different brands (Kerastase, Matrix, Biolage, Sebastian, L'oreal prof., L'oreal paris, Goldwell etc) in hope that I would find one that would make my hair fall off less. And I also ate vitamins. But none of that worked. Later I realized that all of the shampoos contained silicone and sulfates so I switched to terax. My hair has never looked better and it stopped falling off. My scalp feels great, no itching at all. And the funny thing is that my hair is shinier than ever, without the silicones. This shampoo is a bit expensive, the packaging is not so good and it smelles a bit too sweet but the results I get are so great that I would probably buy it even if it smelled like poop LOL

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

12 years ago

Nice shampoo but started to weigh my hair down a little. I now really love Miele which leaves my hair fuller and seems to rinse out better. Still a good shampoo, just not for everyday use.

About reviewer (116 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

12 years ago

This shampoo didn't impress me much at first, but after using it a while and giving it a chance, I really, really love it. It cleans my hair very nicely without stripping natural oils. It doesn't smell bad, it's sort of nondescript to me really. My hair is blonde, not damaged, but loves lots of moisture. My hair looks softer, shinier, blonder (?how is this possible?) and more healthy than ever. I am just sad that I did not find out about Terax sooner! It's super pricey, but worth it. EDIT 7/7/08: After using this exclusively now for the last few months, my hair has become dry due to too much protein. I will be discontinuing the use of this, but I'm kinda sad as I did like it. I am leaving my rating at 5 lippies as if you need the protein, it's a fabulous shampoo - just not for me.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

I have not written a review in ages, but this product inspired me. I purchased, together with the Crema conditioner, based on the great reviews on here. I have lots of fine, thermally reconditioned hair that definitely needs both protein and moisture. My biggest challenge has been finding products that keep my hair moisturized and healthy without weighing it down. The Collagene and Crema combo made my hair soft, strong and shiny, yet full and not weighed down. My new HG. Definitely expensive at $20 for each product, but with all the money I spend on thermal reconditioning, it is worth investing in these products for maintaining my hair's health. I do wish that the shampoo came with a more sturdy flip top, as it tends to open when it gets knocked around in my workout bag. At these prices, losing a couple of ounces due to a cheap cap is a crime!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

AgeUnder 18