Graftobian HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Graftobian  HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

3.7

Caprylic/Capric/Triglyceride, Octyl Palmitate, Carnauba Wax, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Bees Wax, Ozokerite Wax, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, PTFE, BHA, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, N-Butylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Talc, Ultramarines.

on 4/5/2016 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

In Bobbi Brown I'm a 4.5 Warm Natural, in MAC I'm somewhere in between NC 40 - 42 (never could find my perfect match there), in Graftobian I am a Desert Sand (I can use Golden Sunset for bronzing the outer parts of my face and Buttermilk as an undereye concealer).

This foundation is incredibly creamy and easy to apply. A little seriously goes a very long way - and even though I've had the palette it for years, it hasn't dried out.

Would definitely repurchase as a refill for my cream foundation over any other cream/liquid foundation that I've tried. Excellent value for the amount of product you get.

on 3/18/2014 1:15:00 PM

Due to many YouTube makeup gurus who claim cream foundations are wonderful, I have tried Mehron, RCMA, Graftobian, and Max Factor cream sticks to cover a lot of melasma that I have on my face. I am in my mid-40s and have dry to normal skin and yellow undertones.
To my dismay, none of the above foundations work for me. Like other reviewers, though they are highly pigmented, they all feel like a pigmented petroleum jelly. It doesn't set on skin, but with time, get patchy and break up on the skin. This is w/primer and powder and setting spray.
This happens on cold days as well as hot, no matter the humidity. Not sure what the trick is to make them work. If you only need it on for the one photo shot, then maybe this is for you. But like many makeup consumers, I need this to last the day. It's cheap for a reason... I feel.
It doesn't last, it transfers, it gets patchy, and it feels heavy on the skin. Very disappointed.
Would love to know how others make it work!

on 12/26/2013 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I adore this. I have the warm palette, and the second to lightest mixed with a bit of third to lightest (in the 5 palette) is my exact shade. I scoop out a tiny bit, mix with my regular SPF Olay moisturizer, and apply straight to my face with fingers if I'm in a rush or for daily simple use. It gives me a flawless finish that lasts all day.

The ingredients made me worry when I first read them, but my sensitive skin has not broken out, even with repeated use. I am in love. Highly recommend - straight up blended with a sponge or foundation brush for maximum coverage (for special events) or mixed with moistizer (for daily use.)

final review feb 2015:

i dont reach much on this cream foundation anymore. i forgot to mention that over time, this foundation makes my skin look wrinkled and dehydrated. could be one of the ingredients but i never had such an issue with other foundations. also, it oxidizes into a reddish hue, an explanation to this is that HD products naturally pull a red tint. looks exceptionally good on camera, but not in real life. i can't use this in everyday, daytime situation as i look wrinkly and reddish around 3 hours after i put this makeup on.

it's good for short time glamour events or photoshoots where it shines best. im taking 1 lippie off, to 4/5 stars
----------------------------------

Great logical selection of shades, i use 'caramel' as warm adjuster. it adds ochre-olive tint.

What makes me buy this repeatedly is its texture and finish. Texture is very fine, like butter. I have combination of super dry/acne/normal skin. I need coverage, while looking natural at the same time. THat's two entirely different goals I know, but Graftobian lets me achieve this the best.

As I said, texture is very fine as it is designed for HD.This is the only product so far that can cover my stubborn lids/wrinkly undereyes without caking or settling on top. While all others have failed but this one stays.

Coverage is medium. Buildable to full, but it stays comfortably on medium. if applied thickly, it creases under the eyes and nasolabial folds.

FInish is what Im sold with. Satin to dewy, skin-like and looks very natural. Very wearable either day or night, weddings, photoshoot or night out gimmicks.

Oxidation is very high. I use half or one full shade lighter to offset the oxidation.

Staying power is so-so. 3-4 hours, then i have to retouch. Covering acne takes more effort, it takes multiple layers with powdering in between. I have to use a moisture spray (from CS) and a setting spray to make it look as natural as possible and at the same time prolong the staying effect. Otherwise this foundie will melt along the way. Lots of transfer , too.

edit: i apply setting spray before and after foundation, makes it last longer.

This foundation mildly irritates my already-sensitive skin.

I give this foundie 4.5 stars. My go-to foundation any time of the day, any occassion.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been on a professional foundation craze since IMATS 2011, I am also reviewing RCMA, Kett, Mehron. ( haven't tried Cinema Secrets or MUD yet but intend to).
Therefore if you're interested, you can read my reviews on them.
I do believe that professional foundation brands are superior to commercial brands. With that said:

Graftobian is an amazing foundation. Full coverage, very HD friendly, undetectable to the camera. Looks like skin, not too matte, not too dewey, just very skin-like. Covers everything, makes freckles invisible.

Application:It blends like a dream, very emollient. I can use my beauty blender, any synthetic foundation brush (Sigma HD brushes are my fav in that department), or my fingers and it will look great regardless. Has a butter-like texture which makes it super easy to apply and blend in literally seconds.

To compare: Graftobian is my *almost* first favorite foundation. I say almost because it's not quite second, as it's tiniest decimal points away from being my first ( which is Kett cream foundation). However, I tend to reach for Graftobian more frequently than for Kett. My reasons: It's easier and faster to apply than Kett. With Graftobian I can literally smear, blend and go, while Kett does require slightly more skill and effort to apply and blend, as it has a stiffer consistency ( I posted a review for Kett as well). It's easier and work into the skin which makes it very morning rush friendly.
I feel that Kett surpasses Graftobian in the teensiest, slightest bit in longevity and because it is a little bit more forgiving to dry skin and flakes.

Longevity: It's long lasting. I apply and set it with translucent powder ( Kett Sett powder or Graftobian loose translucent, both amazing products). I would say it lasts about 10 to 12 hours on me if powdered. My skin is combination, Oily t zone and normal cheeks and it withstands oil, humidity, rain or other NYC forecast.

Shades: My perfect shade is Vixen and in Mac terms I am about NW25 to 30. Their shade selection is enormous. I've seen the widest variety of shades from the palest, whitest to pitch, jet black, any undertone possible.
Highly recommend!

on 10/26/2010 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

1. I am an NC35 but not quite because my skin is not all yellow undertones- there is a significant olive undertone. I bought Vixen (W3) I believe, and it was too light when I initially applied it. When it blended in to my skin it matched better. It matched my face which is less olive than my neck and hands, so it exacerbated the lack of olive in my face. I think I will have to try Temptress to see if I can make my face look more matched with my body. The Graftobian site has a "color equivalent" chart and NC 35 and Vixen are said to be equivalents.

2. Coverage: good, yes a little goes a long way. However, I think the learning curve is high on this foundation. I've been playing around with it for a few days (foundation brush, damp sponge, fingers, buffer brush) and although it glides on like butter I am not quite sure how to use this foundation as concealer and have it stay in place. My skin is sort of flaky right now so setting powder (like Ben Nye's Banana Visage powder) just makes my skin look dry and cakey. Primer and moisturizer before hand help the foundation melt in to the skin, but can you really go without setting a cream product?

3. Lasting power and water resistance: It's relatively water resistant but again, I can't really say that it lasts "all day"

4. It gets in your fine lines in your under eye area, so wouldn't recommend this as an under eye concealer. I've buffed it out with a small dome eyeshadow brush and then applied concealer over it and that worked decently.

5. The price is actually not that cheap. You get 1/2 ounce for $9 plus shipping if you buy online. This is a cream product and it is well pigmented so I still think it's worth it.

6. Broke me out, so will not be repurchasing.

on 1/29/2008 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

When you have cystic acne, flaky skin from retinoids, and need coverage that's good, not cakey, and actually matches your skin--that's close to a miracle. This is the situation I found myself in when I finally decided to buy this foundation. I got samples first, and once found the color match, got it in Sunlit Linen. I get a natural finish, excellent layerable full coverage, and this does not break me out or sink into lines. Since my skin has dried up quite a lot with retin-A gel, I can handle this foundation well in the winter. We'll have to see if it's too much when it's warmer. I've used higher end stuff including Besame souffle foundation, and use Kevyn Aucoin SSE as a concealer, but neither come as close as Graftobian has for me (additionally they break me out). The color matches are excellent as I have an extremely difficult to match skintone.