Graftobian HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Graftobian  HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

3.9

Caprylic/Capric/Triglyceride, Octyl Palmitate, Carnauba Wax, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Bees Wax, Ozokerite Wax, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, PTFE, BHA, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, N-Butylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Talc, Ultramarines.

on 12/3/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is the only foundation I've found that can match my skin tone perfectly (Bombshell). It does take practice, and a well moisturized face is key. I have applied it many different ways, my favorite is mixing 1:1 with Graftobian Aloevation and applying with a Sephora #56 brush. It's cruelty free, and looks just like skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I would not recommend this to people with acne prone skin because it contains lanolin. I can't give a full review as I only wore it a few times because it broke me out almost immediately. It did give me a doll like complexion, though. Transfers easily, too.

on 3/10/2014 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This makeup goes on and looks good for about a half hour but then seperates into patches all over my face and settles in the creases around my nose. Powder over the top makes this phenomenon even worse. I don't understand why the reviews for this foundation are so good.

I'm coming to the conclusion that most women are using tons of products underneath and on top of their foundation and so reading reviews for a product may be more complicated and not so straightforward. I don't really care how it works over 3 products and under two more (serum, primer, powder, setting mist etc.) I just want to know what will happen when I put this makeup on alone. The reviews didn't reflect the reality of that at all.

Covergirl Outlast is the best foundation I've tried for a just one product and walk out the door situation. Sunscreen, supposedly a primer concealer and foundation all in one. It's the only makeup I've tried that I really only need the one thing and that's it.

I didn't intend this to be a CG review but there it is.

on 11/2/2013 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Edit: I really wanted to play with this a bit because I'm finding that Bombshell is the best colour match to me that I've found. MAC's studio sculpt NC15 and Estée Lauder's Double Wear in Bone are the other closest ones I have found. The NC 15 is a smidge dark and pink (the studio sculpt is way less yellow than MAC's other foundations, which I cannot use at all in NC 15 without looking dark and jaundiced), and EL's Bone is too dark and yellow. NW13 in Studio Finish liquid is an ok match until it oxidizes, and then it's a weird dark pinky-orange on me. So, I've found that if I really moisturize, then use a primer I've had better luck with the Graftobian HD cream. First thing in the morning it is flawless. But it still doesn't have great staying power, and it still breaks me out a bit (less though with all the layers I have underneath than before). But by noon I am essentially redoing my makeup with a powder based compact. I wish I was just a bit more oily as I think it's probably great for those who are not dry like me.

Edit 2: I've given up. This just won't stay looking good on my skin. Not even as a concealer. I wanted to love this for the huge range of color options, but I can't make this work on my skin.

on 9/11/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has been THE absolute BEST foundation (including powders) I have ever used. I don't have much that I have to cover up - however, it evens out my skin tone and helps with my tan when I swipe it around my neck, as well as face. I have NEVER had a foundation stay put ALL day long and not run or cake (powders) during the hot (100+) summers in CA! I use Smashbox powder to "set" it and I have a luminous glow. This is because I purchased the Graftobian white setting powder they say you need - and I don't like it. It's way too much between the 2 and it is loaded with talc which feeds bacteria on your face - causing zits - so skip the powder.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love how this foundation looks, love the simple packaging. I use sunlit linen, which is a unique more yellow-based color for concealer, desert sand for foundation, and ginger (which is actually a hard color to find) for contouring. I dye my hair copper and have mixed/tan complexion so it is hard for me to pick out the right warm tones to really bring it all together but this seems to work.

The actual product consistency is fantastic and really made a big difference for me in terms of finish and pictures, when I first saw it I was in awe, and I think a lot has been written about it already, so I'll just mention my problems.

One, I have very fine lines underneath my eyes, and if I do not set this with enough powder or put it on too thick, without sheering it with water, it can settle in these, which makes me think this might not be the best product for everyone.

Two, man does this makeup like to release on to my phone screen.

Three, and this took me a while to accept. It breaks me out.

So my compromise has been this. I use graftobian on the weekends, or when I go out and want to impress, and have the time to do a really good face cleanse, and bha after. I use my revlon fit foundation or rimmel stay matte mousse during the week.

on 7/28/2013 11:52:00 AM

Best foundation I have ever used,

I use this on men (that refuse to wear MU but had to due to discoloration for event) and women with remarkable results- especially older people with aging issues. Does not settle into creases and wears all day too.

Best color selection out there, and easy to blend for unique colors too.

A little goes a long way, however, so it is easy to use too much. Beauty Blender is a great way to apply and gives a gorgeous finish.

I suggest setting with a dusting of powder.

If you mix it with their corrector palette for custom concealer, it works wonders, but again it is very easy to use too much. Think SPARINGLY and LIGHTLY. You can not tell it is there.

Great product, excellent price and I am so glad that I was able to find out about this stuff. IT is wonderful.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This review is for Graftobian High Def Glamour Color Creme Foundation in Ingenue.

Skin: Oily with erythematotelangiectatic rosacea (redness) on the apples of my cheeks, between my eyebrows, on my chin, and on my very slick nose (I also wear glasses, so makeup on my nose comes off). My pores also clog very easily - liquid foundations just sink right in and clog everything up, giving me nightmarish acne. Imagine my skin tone to be NC20, but lacking all pink. I don't have a yellow skin tone, but it is devoid of all pink except for the rosacea.

Application method: Wash face, moisturize with sunscreen. Wait until it dries, apply MUF green primer to my cheeks, chin and forehead. After putting on my MUF concealer (it lasts under my glasses and is a good base for my rosacea) I dab a foundation brush in this, sweep it over my forehead, blend, over front cheeks, blend, over back cheeks and temples, blend, over chin, blend, under eyes, blend.

Review: Unfortunately, I have oily skin that can only stand cream foundations. So it is quite normal for me to have to reapply at school or during the day, and with my Cinema Secrets foundation, that's what I have been doing.

But now?

Nope.

Let me start off by saying that there are only two things I don't like about this foundation. First - The container. Since the foundation is very slick, it's sooooo easy for a tiny bit of foundation to slide out on that part of the jar where the lid screws on. It isn't actually a big deal, but I am obsessed with all my beauty products looking nice. I clean out the caps of my lipsticks. It is not a big deal in any way, just drives me a little nutty. Second (and this is EXTRAORDINARILY important), putting on too much of this stuff is the easiest thing in the world. Example - my skin tone is yellow based, but my neck is WAY light, and if I put tanner on, my neck is way yellower than my face. Woohoo. Further more, if I put too much of this stuff on? Well, it's so dang pigmented that I'll look weird. This stuff is crazy pigmented. Another problem is this - it was hard for me to figure out how to put it on. Because its so pigmented, and my neck is lighter and less pink than my cheeks and chin, I have to put it on lightly, but enough that it cover sufficiently. My only tip to you is this - practice, practice, practice, and DO NOT put your makeup on in the car. With this, apply it in whatever light you'll be in all day, and do it slowly, so you don't rush and apply way too much and make it look weird.

This is way better, as far as I am concerned. Why? My biggest reason is this - I get up at 6 am. When I'm applying my makeup in the mirror, its about 45 degrees outside, and about 60 in the house - tops. My cinema secrets foundation was always not blendable and stiff and it drove me up the wall. Graftobian? No prob. I don't even notice a difference from when I'm inside a house that's at 80 degrees (Fahrenheit people.) Better yet - it doesn't melt either. It's very thin (read: not stage makeup. This is television makeup). CS, I had to take a big scoop and smear it on my face to cover my red cheeks (which do not look like they're blushing, just look blotchy). Graftobian, I just smear a veeeeeeery thin layer, and because it's so pigmented - bam! very noticeable difference - and for the better.

Some very important tips: Prepping your skin is so important. In the winter, my face dries up but produces oil, giving my flaky, oily skin all over (ugh) and since you apply a thin coat of this stuff, you have to exfoliate off all the flakes. I use a rough towel, which works really well. If I don't prep, the makeup will catch onto the flakes, which is disgusting. That being said, I only bought this this winter, so I'll update when summer comes around, when I will be visiting both Washington State and San Diego (which melted off my CS foundation halfway through the day).

This product definitely calls for playing around with the application. I tried an application as told by a member on MUA who said they had oily skin, and it melted right off me, but when I just messed around, it lasted all day. Very important - if you get up at six am, work all day, take public transportation home, eat dinner and at 8 pm dress up to go to the club on a friday night? This lasts pretty long (though I mostly attribute that to my Ben Nye setting powder - check out the MUA reviews, because it's AMAZING) but it won't last that long. No need to check halfway through the day, but check after 10 hours, before and after flights, after a long traveling day, after taking a walk in humid air, after a movie, after Woohoo time - I don't know.

Lots of people are warning not to wear this everyday, but I've been wearing it everyday, all over my face, and I look fantastic. Not a single zit or clogged pore. It really depends on who you are, but keep that in mind. Then again - my face wash is a deep cleansing one, I get facials and clean my foundation brush every week.

I recommend buying a palette. I didn't, and I sorta wish I did so I could mix stuff up, but since my face looks very different from my neck, and I need heavy coverage on my cheeks and chin. I originally bought Prima Donna, which ended up not working out - it was way too pink (I lack pinkness in my skin tone) but now that I have Ingenue its better if I don't put on too much. If you apply too much, it's too pink. If you are very certain of your shade though, go ahead and buy a pot - it's cheap enough (this is coming from a broke high school student who pays for all her makeup, makeup tools, clothes, accessories, and personal belongings that aren't furniture). The application takes a whil for me

All in All - HG foundation! And the only change I may see myself making are with shades.

Pros:
-full coverage
-pigmented
-shade variety
-cheap

Cons:
-need powder to last
-hard to figure out how to apply
-can be too pink

Note: to QuilleyReturns and anyone reading their review - I d

on 1/19/2013 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the only foundation so far that covers the rosacea on my chin and around the mouth. I would usually use it only on those areas, on top of foundation, as it's really too thick to use all over my face. (I am by no means in theater and don't need full-full coverage.) It really lasts on the areas I apply it, and redness doesn't peek through all day. Until I find a concealer/foundation that does what this does, I'll continue to use this when I want my redness to be completely gone.

on 11/20/2012 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For Reference my skin is NC/NW 07-10, or Nars Sheer Glow Mont Blanc, or illamasqua skin base 3.5. I have Acne prone, extremely sensitive, combination, oily skin. I have a lot of topical and internal allergies/ intolerances.

So far I have had no immediate issue with skin reactions or acne using this foundation.

My Foundation Check List:
Correct shade match ::check
No Sunscreen ::check
Versatile Coverage ::check
Lasting (10+ hours) ::check
Good for Combination skin ::check
No reactions, acne, or topical reaction ::check
Transfer resistant :: Check
Pigmentation :: High (grain of rice amount)
Finish :: demi/semi (depends on skin type)
Application recommendation :: a damp brush

I just received this item in a swap. It is the Neutral Palette #1. It is the lightest neutral palette. Even though I have a whole Palette, I was more interested in the Bombshell and Prima Donna shades. Though I think applied sheerly either color can work, I will say Bombshell is much closer to my actual skin tone and colour. Since I have had issues with sponge blenders looking splotchy, I went with a damp expert face brush instead. I can say that the results of the application are amazing. A little goes a long way and can be spread across the whole face. Very versatile coverage, full coverage without being cakey at all. I am extremely impressed. I like the more sheer down look, only adding extra where needed. I barely feel this on my skin. It looks incredibly natural. If applied lightly, transferring doesn't seem to be much of an issue. I can see this lasting longer on dry skin, but considering the current weather and using a benzoyl peroxide cream in my regiment lately, I have had no problems with this foundation lasting all day (10 hours) Though I think it may break down faster on oilier skin. Not sure will have to update when tested.

I think I have hit the jackpot on foundations lately.Then again it is the Fall, so we will see how the hold up once summer comes around again. I am currently reviewing Graftobian creme foundation, illamasqua skin base, and soon Kevyn Aucoin's SSE.

Considering the price, once you know your shade, I would buy a full size single tub. Very inexpensive and in my opinion much, much better than a drug store brand. Then again I have had Zero luck with drug store brands and my skin. I know I will be purchasing the full size of this when I run out.

Just as a warning this foundation contains Lanolin, so please be aware of this before you try it, if you are allergic to lanolin.

::edit:: 11/25/2012
I am not sure about this for every day wear, I think the beeswax ingredient may be a little too hard on my skin to wear everyday but on occasion would probably be fine. I should note I have had problems with beeswax as an ingredient on facial skin in the past. It could be other ingredients but I am not sure, still no breakouts but, I can feel that my skin is stressed after wearing this for several days verses other foundations.