Graftobian HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Graftobian  HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

Caprylic/Capric/Triglyceride, Octyl Palmitate, Carnauba Wax, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Bees Wax, Ozokerite Wax, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, PTFE, BHA, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, N-Butylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Talc, Ultramarines.

on 7/6/2016 8:03:00 PM

My go to makeup! It's stage makeup so definitely it's heavier but you can control the coverage by using a damp beauty blender. Lasts and covers imperfections perfectly and smoothly if applied well. I use this on myself and my brides!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in warm #2 palette for my NC37-40 skin and I've never looked back!

Pros:
++Amazing and controllable coverage.
I use it as my undereye concealer sometimes and foundation. I prefer the "I just have naturally flawless face look" and I use this lightly on the areas that need it. Looks oh so natural! Perfect for those who want to look like you just have perfect skin. I've been using this for a few months and I haven't finished half of the shade/s I use regularly! Have I mentioned it looks like skin?
++Foundation, highlight and contour in one (has 5 shades).
Depends on your skintone. In the summer when I get darker I have no trouble looking for another foundation because I just have to use a darker shade or mix my current one with a tiny bit of the darker one and use the lighter shade for highlight. Travel friendly.
++Packaging
I'm all for practicality. Clear top, lightweight, easy to clean and bring around. Never opens unintentionally.
+Staying power. Lasts around 6-7 hours in the very hot and very humid climate I live in if primed properly. Not bad. It lasts longer in better conditions. I have combination-oily skin. It's not waterproof so if I sweat heavily during the day or during workout I notice fading, but fades evenly. I do not use setting sprays, just primer and setting powder.
++Lightweight.
++Easy to blend.
++Easy to apply.
++Color match.
They have a ton of shades to choose from.
++Price.
This would last me a long time and I have the palette form, not the full-sized one.

Cons:
--Not as readily available as other drugstore or high-end products.
You might have to rely on swatches on the internet or order samples first.
For the performance of the product, I'll still search for it.

This converted me to cream foundations and brands that are not "mainstream".

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I came across a store that sells Graftobian HD Glamour creme foundation, at first I was hesitant to try it since the brand was new to me and during that time I was only looking for a Revlon whipped foundation in shade caramel which I will be using to one of my clients, of course I gave Graftobian a try since I was already in the store, I swatched it on the back of my hand and surprisingly I was amazed with how the product glides on my skin, it's very pigmented, a little amount of product is enough to cover the entire face, I checked it online and found out that it doesn't contain fragrance and spf which is good for photo shoot., A week after I bought the product and start using it with my clients using a beauty blender and they all love it.

final review feb 2015:

i dont reach much on this cream foundation anymore. i forgot to mention that over time, this foundation makes my skin look wrinkled and dehydrated. could be one of the ingredients but i never had such an issue with other foundations. also, it oxidizes into a reddish hue, an explanation to this is that HD products naturally pull a red tint. looks exceptionally good on camera, but not in real life. i can't use this in everyday, daytime situation as i look wrinkly and reddish around 3 hours after i put this makeup on.

it's good for short time glamour events or photoshoots where it shines best. im taking 1 lippie off, to 4/5 stars
----------------------------------

Great logical selection of shades, i use 'caramel' as warm adjuster. it adds ochre-olive tint.

What makes me buy this repeatedly is its texture and finish. Texture is very fine, like butter. I have combination of super dry/acne/normal skin. I need coverage, while looking natural at the same time. THat's two entirely different goals I know, but Graftobian lets me achieve this the best.

As I said, texture is very fine as it is designed for HD.This is the only product so far that can cover my stubborn lids/wrinkly undereyes without caking or settling on top. While all others have failed but this one stays.

Coverage is medium. Buildable to full, but it stays comfortably on medium. if applied thickly, it creases under the eyes and nasolabial folds.

FInish is what Im sold with. Satin to dewy, skin-like and looks very natural. Very wearable either day or night, weddings, photoshoot or night out gimmicks.

Oxidation is very high. I use half or one full shade lighter to offset the oxidation.

Staying power is so-so. 3-4 hours, then i have to retouch. Covering acne takes more effort, it takes multiple layers with powdering in between. I have to use a moisture spray (from CS) and a setting spray to make it look as natural as possible and at the same time prolong the staying effect. Otherwise this foundie will melt along the way. Lots of transfer , too.

edit: i apply setting spray before and after foundation, makes it last longer.

This foundation mildly irritates my already-sensitive skin.

I give this foundie 4.5 stars. My go-to foundation any time of the day, any occassion.

on 10/1/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Im pretty dissapointed in this foundation. Recently I got the warm #1 pallete. After hearing all the raving reviews, I expected a miracle worker, sadly that was not the case ^^ First of all the shades,I got the pallete since im never sure what kinda foundation shade i am. I think its about nc 20-25. Acording to the site of graftobian the first 3 colours of the pallete are Swan (NC 5), Ingenuene (NC 15), Vixen (NC 35). (discovered that page after purchase). I Just dont get why there is such a massive difference between shade 2 and 3. I tried mixing them already, but it turns out to be pretty difficult to do. Besides that I suffer from dry skin. Cream foundations are supposively better for dry skin, but not this one. Any dry spots will stand out like theres an exclimation mark next to it. But of course there are good things about this foundation too, for oily skin this will probably be amazing since it gives you a lovely demi matt finish and the foundation will last for quite a while. Therefore the 3 lippies. All and all most likely a great foundation for oily or normal skin :) but def not for dry :P

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love the finish look of this foundation and the way it is on the camera. But for my oily skin in very hot country, it cannot stay put all day. In summer time, it will last on my skin only few hours. However, it is the foundation I always use for evening events and indoors place.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is my go to for special events. It's a medium coverage cream that can be sheered out or built to full coverage. It is comfortable on, but doesn't feel like you're wearing nothing. Hasn't cause any breakouts or eczema flares. I like that there are so many shades, and the price isn't exorbitant that it isn't a problem to find your shade - especially if you buy the palettes. All in all, it's a keeper and one of my favorite foundations.
Shades: Deep Xanthe & Midnight Marigold

on 10/24/2011 8:42:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Yes I will definitely buy this again. In fact I just ordered a whole slew of palettes from our local Graftobian distributor and planning on using this extensively on my clients.

The range of shades is wide and varied. Anybody can find a foundation match w/ the shades available. They have it in Cool, Neutral and Warm, and from the lightest to darkest skin tones. So I mean anybody, literally, can find a shade that can match w/ their skin color and undertone.

The product is heavy and thick, and has a matte finish, so it's important to use a little amount & apply w/ a light hand. I find that this is best applied w/ a damp sponge, I use a foundation brush to apply the product in sections across my face then I use a damp sponge to work the foundation on my face - a tapping motion if I want more coverage and swiping motion to thin it out. I find that this work best if set w/ Graftobian HD Dual Finish powder foundation and it looks absolutely beautiful in photographs. In every day use, it's best to apply this lightly and thinly for a beautiful finish. Since you only need a little amount, it takes a while to finish the whole pot.

The price is more than half cheaper than leading HD foundations and performs much better in my opinion. But of course Graftobian just used a cheap plastic pot as packaging that opens up when you twist it. No bells and whistles w/ the packaging of this product - so I understand the lower price range. The good thing about this is you can scoop the product out and place it in an empty palette. Very handy for makeup artists.

This doesn't have an SPF too, that's the reason why it's cheaper. And that's why it's also one of the best foundations to use in photographs because this doesn't give that white cast on faces that foundations w/ SPF gives. Graftobian is geared toward professional MUA's, for TV, theater and movies, and it's only recently that they have made a presence w/ the regular consumers.

I cannot stress enough how I love Graftobian foundations, they're even better than Shu Uemura's Nobara and that has been my staple cream foundation for the longest time. Less expensive too!

on 12/23/2010 10:16:00 PM

I would like to compare this to the Cinema Secrets Foundation.

The Graftobian is more buttery and softer in texture. It melts and blends amazingly. If you live in a colder climate and don't have acne scars I would recommend the Graftobian. However, the CS provides better coverage especially for acne scars since it is tackier.

I was hoping to be able to use this as a spot concealer as well like my CS, but I find that it slides and is not tacky enough.

I would say that the Graftobian is better as a foundation/under-eye concealer and the CS is better for spot concealing.

I like the Grabtobian because it is fragrance free while the CS has a fragrance.

on 10/26/2010 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

1. I am an NC35 but not quite because my skin is not all yellow undertones- there is a significant olive undertone. I bought Vixen (W3) I believe, and it was too light when I initially applied it. When it blended in to my skin it matched better. It matched my face which is less olive than my neck and hands, so it exacerbated the lack of olive in my face. I think I will have to try Temptress to see if I can make my face look more matched with my body. The Graftobian site has a "color equivalent" chart and NC 35 and Vixen are said to be equivalents.

2. Coverage: good, yes a little goes a long way. However, I think the learning curve is high on this foundation. I've been playing around with it for a few days (foundation brush, damp sponge, fingers, buffer brush) and although it glides on like butter I am not quite sure how to use this foundation as concealer and have it stay in place. My skin is sort of flaky right now so setting powder (like Ben Nye's Banana Visage powder) just makes my skin look dry and cakey. Primer and moisturizer before hand help the foundation melt in to the skin, but can you really go without setting a cream product?

3. Lasting power and water resistance: It's relatively water resistant but again, I can't really say that it lasts "all day"

4. It gets in your fine lines in your under eye area, so wouldn't recommend this as an under eye concealer. I've buffed it out with a small dome eyeshadow brush and then applied concealer over it and that worked decently.

5. The price is actually not that cheap. You get 1/2 ounce for $9 plus shipping if you buy online. This is a cream product and it is well pigmented so I still think it's worth it.

6. Broke me out, so will not be repurchasing.

Popular Crème Foundations