Graftobian HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Graftobian  HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

4.3

Caprylic/Capric/Triglyceride, Octyl Palmitate, Carnauba Wax, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Bees Wax, Ozokerite Wax, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, PTFE, BHA, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, N-Butylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Talc, Ultramarines.

on 4/5/2016 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

In Bobbi Brown I'm a 4.5 Warm Natural, in MAC I'm somewhere in between NC 40 - 42 (never could find my perfect match there), in Graftobian I am a Desert Sand (I can use Golden Sunset for bronzing the outer parts of my face and Buttermilk as an undereye concealer).

This foundation is incredibly creamy and easy to apply. A little seriously goes a very long way - and even though I've had the palette it for years, it hasn't dried out.

Would definitely repurchase as a refill for my cream foundation over any other cream/liquid foundation that I've tried. Excellent value for the amount of product you get.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have a very different kind of skin color due to the mixture of races I have so its hard to find foundation that fits my skin color perfectly, I love this foundation and its awesome. I purchased the warm 2 palette and found the perfect color and ordered the big one which last a really long time. I would suggest to get the palette then you can highlight and contour with the other colors and also i could use the other colors as my skin tanned. Love this.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wanted this to work so badly. I have such a hard time finding a foundation for my yellow undertoned skin. Mac tends to be too orange or red. I was using Lancome but due to their ever increasing prices I could no longer afford it. So went in search of a cheaper alternative (you know how it is ladies). I wanted this 1) good coverage for acne prone/scarred skin
2) reasonable price for my intended usage
3) something that would not upset my skin, causing more breakouts
I am not too fussy. I am not that bothered about dewy or matte finish. I just want something that does not look to mask like. So when I came across this I was really excited. After watching countless YouTube video's I was very optimistic that this was it...the search was over ! I ordered a sample (good thinking) from an online retailer. I tried it right away, the shade was brilliant and the coverage fantastic. Now for the downer...it transfers really badly. So disappointed, I tried setting with powder and still no joy.

on 8/31/2012 2:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I found Graftobian while google searching pale foundations after giving up on drugstore foundation. I am extremely pale, and no foundation ever matches, or it doesn't have the right undertone, oxidizes terribly, etc etc. Graftobian was swatched next to other foundations in pale shades, and (the one in the google picture was Ivory) I looked up the website.

I was delighted to see that they offered over SIXTY SHADES in their foundation. Cool, Warm, and Neutral undertones (I am a cool undertone). I went with Silk Sprite (palest in the cool shade range, and I believe the palest shade available), which was part of the Ultra-Lites palette range (I got the half-ounce container). I also got Nymph as well, the second-palest shade in the cool range.

These are just...fabulous. My HG foundation, for sure. I have no desire to try any other kind of foundation after using these. You get a half-ounce container, which may seem like a small amount, but it will last you FOREVER, because you only need a small amount. For my entire face I swirl the pad of my finger over the surface of the cream and dot it onto my face. Then, I blend it in using a damp makeup sponge (my preferred method of doing it - really makes you look airbrushed, melts into the skin like a dream. I've also blended it in using a stippling brush with great results, also).

It's very smooth, creamy, and very blendable. Once it's all blended in, it looks like skin and feels like you have nothing on your face. I'd say it has a 'natural' finish, not dewy but not completely matte, either.

I set it with their "Pro Setting Powder" in Transluscent, which mattifies it a bit more and sets it really well.

This is a full-coverage foundaton, but I find that it can easily be sheered out by just using less of the product and a damp makeup sponge. I go back in and dot extra foundation on blemishes if I need to. These haven't broken me out at all, either, which is lovely.

Staying power is also fabulous once it's set. Lasts me throughout the whole day, and I don't notice it transferring, either.

I would very much recommend these. They're only fifteen dollars, and you're getting great quality, can't go wrong! I'll upload some pictures later of swatches and such.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been on a professional foundation craze since IMATS 2011, I am also reviewing RCMA, Kett, Mehron. ( haven't tried Cinema Secrets or MUD yet but intend to).
Therefore if you're interested, you can read my reviews on them.
I do believe that professional foundation brands are superior to commercial brands. With that said:

Graftobian is an amazing foundation. Full coverage, very HD friendly, undetectable to the camera. Looks like skin, not too matte, not too dewey, just very skin-like. Covers everything, makes freckles invisible.

Application:It blends like a dream, very emollient. I can use my beauty blender, any synthetic foundation brush (Sigma HD brushes are my fav in that department), or my fingers and it will look great regardless. Has a butter-like texture which makes it super easy to apply and blend in literally seconds.

To compare: Graftobian is my *almost* first favorite foundation. I say almost because it's not quite second, as it's tiniest decimal points away from being my first ( which is Kett cream foundation). However, I tend to reach for Graftobian more frequently than for Kett. My reasons: It's easier and faster to apply than Kett. With Graftobian I can literally smear, blend and go, while Kett does require slightly more skill and effort to apply and blend, as it has a stiffer consistency ( I posted a review for Kett as well). It's easier and work into the skin which makes it very morning rush friendly.
I feel that Kett surpasses Graftobian in the teensiest, slightest bit in longevity and because it is a little bit more forgiving to dry skin and flakes.

Longevity: It's long lasting. I apply and set it with translucent powder ( Kett Sett powder or Graftobian loose translucent, both amazing products). I would say it lasts about 10 to 12 hours on me if powdered. My skin is combination, Oily t zone and normal cheeks and it withstands oil, humidity, rain or other NYC forecast.

Shades: My perfect shade is Vixen and in Mac terms I am about NW25 to 30. Their shade selection is enormous. I've seen the widest variety of shades from the palest, whitest to pitch, jet black, any undertone possible.
Highly recommend!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I needed an spf-free, full coverage foundation for an event, so off I went to Sephora. When I explained to the SA that I didn't want any spf, that I wanted a flawless, full coverage foundation, he suggested an HD foundation. I thought this was a great idea, and sampled each and every HD foundation that matched my skin.

Unfortunately, none of them worked, and some were outright disasters. (I am quite dry skinned.) I gave up on HD foundations and decided to try MAC's full coverage foundation instead. This, too, failed, as there are no Pro stores accessible to me.

Fast forward several weeks later, and I come across my favorite You Tube makeup artist's positive review of Graftobian HD Glamour Creme foundation.

I researched which colors would suit me, but was hesitant to even order samples, as the Graftobian foundation matrix seems to be lacking suggestions between NC35 and 50. It wasn't until Temptalia (bless her painted heart) put up her foundation matrix that I felt comfortable and ordered samples.

The samples run $3.99 and the full size is $12.50 for a 1/2 ounce jar. The beats, HANDS DOWN, any other foundation I have ever purchased.

I'm somewhere between NC35-40 and quite warm (yellow). I ordered Desert Sand and Winter Wheat from The Paint & Powder store. The samples they sent were meant to be "for one time use" according to the website, but they were in fact each enough to use 7-8 times for me.

This brings me to my first review point for this foundation- it's SUPER pigmented. You simply don't need a lot to do a heavy coverage face.

The product comes in a 1/2 oz jar. It's very creamy and very blend-able.
The finish is semi-matte, which is new for me, as I normally prefer a dewy finish. However, I have mixed this with lotions to create a tinted moisturizer (word of caution here: some of the lotions darkened the foundation).

I also did a side by side comparison with my favorite foundation (BB Moisture Rich in Warm Natural) and compared coverage, wear (over several hours) and skin tone matching. Graftobian's Desert Sand matched perfectly (although it is the barest hint yellower- fine by me as I have always felt that the BB fdt was not quite warm enough by a hair) and covered MUCH better than BB. They wore equally (both with primer and without). I do not normally set with powder, and I certainly would not with this foundation given its semi matte finish. Also, I don't normally prime my entire face and this left me feeling a bit dry with a traditional primer (LM), so I went back to Sephora got samples of silicon-free moisturizing primers. (I will edit this review with those results). The BB fdt did have a dewy-er finish.

The best way I found to apply this foundation is with a damp sponge. I have noticed that it's easier to sheer this foundation out when the sponge is damper than usual. It's also quite easy to build coverage where you need it. (Less is more for me- I wear the sheerest coverage I can get away with and build only where needed- this keeps my face from looking like a mask and follows for all my foundations.)

I ALSO tried this fdt out as a concealer. I followed my usual steps, applied eye cream, primed, applied my BB Corrector, then Graftobian HD creme, then set it with LM Brightening powder. It wasn't an utter failure, but my preference is still my BB Creamy Concealer. A side by side comparison demonstrated that the eye with the BB lasted longer.

Another tip (for personal use) is to warm the product up on the back of your (clean & sanitized) hand and pick it up with the sponge from there, or dot your face (I dot my chin, nose, forehead & cheeks) and blend outward from there. I DO NOT stick my fingers or brushes in this foundation- I use plastic makeup spatulas. I also transferred some to a clean, sanitized sample jar to take on the go with me in case I need a touch-up.

All in all, my best advice is to play with this to learn how it works best for *you*. Don't expect to plop it out of the jar and have it be a miracle product. Given the amount of product that you get for the price, and given the versatility of this product, it's well worth the time and effort to learn how to use it.

Others have noted that the product contains ingredients that could potentially clog pores. This is true, but because it's a full coverage foundation, it's NOT an everyday product for me (my BB Extra Balm, BB Moisture Rich & BB Skin all have spf and are out-of-the-bottle ready for every day) it works just fine.

I would not hesitate to purchase this again, although it's unlikely I will have to for a very long time. (As a side note- the Winter Wheat was too dark for me now, but now functions nicely as a contouring shade and will be perfect for me in the summer should I need it.)

EDIT: I promised I would edit this after I had paired this foundation with a moisturizing primer. I used Korre's Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Face Primer on one cheek (my cheeks are the driest areas) and Tarte's Recreate Primer. (Both these primers are silicon free.)

Boy, was I pleased with the results! The lower half of my cheeks have the largest pores on my face, and even there, my skin looked like a porcelain doll's and felt like butter. My skin still looked great 5 hours later (but did not feel quite as moisturized). I will definitely be getting Tarte's primer, as that had Jojoba oil in it.

on 10/27/2010 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Everything about this foundation (in and of itself, not including packaging) screams high-end gorgeousness. The texture is a dream, mimicking perfect skin--and I mean perfect! The coverage is a variable upon application. The shade range is positively amazing--you *will* find your shade in this foundation. I'm NC10-15 depending on if I get any sun (shame on me) and I use Graceful Swan and Ingenue shades.
The packaging is minimal and eco-friendly. You get a lot for your money.
I think this foundation beats Armani and Illamasqua and Kevyn Aucoin--I know, I've tried them all. And it lasts through hot lights in a photo session or a run through the park.
Simply amazing.

on 10/16/2010 7:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Got a $3.99 sample size in Bombshell from Paint and Powder Store. Just newly out of a 5 year relationship with Sheer Cover. At the time we first hooked up, all the other foundations were just trying to get into my pores and I needed one that looked great and performed well and could last through 12 hour shifts. I'm in late 30's (ouch, that's flippin' awful outloud) now and have more demands and need way more coverage. I haven't used anything other than powder in all that time. I've fooled around with Ben recently and like the pancakes, his concealers, I find too oily for me though as are the creme and matte foundations. I tried Mehron pancake and found the perfect color and if anyone can match Mehron Starblend Cake in Extra Fair to a Kryolan cake or powder foundation, please let me know. I love the Graftobian Hi Def Pro Powder in Fair Maiden and ordered this creme version sample too at the same time but wasn't really thrilled with it because it soaked into pores like every other creme or liquid base. I like the color very much. I have not figured out how to prime well. I have several primey products but am still trying to tweak application. I know this may be wasteful and weird but I buffed some of the creme over my powder application and I really liked the way it looked. I have the lightest in the powder version, which I didn't find light enough and this seemed to lighten it up nicely. Which led me to believe that maybe the perfect primer for my difficult skin would be one made of powder or Kilz. I have experimented with milk of mag as primer and I like it. I also learned by reading reviews(thank you all so much, enormous help to me!) that I don't know how the heck to apply this and was just blobbing it on like regular liquid or creme foundation. I am going to try it with the brushes you gals use and am also definitely going to come up with a powder prime. I have my first and heavily anticipated TKB order arriving soon and since I needed a SPF solution with my Ben Nye cakes, the Z-Cotes should be great for this sort of thing. I ordered the silica spheres, allantoin and magnesium stearate powders as well for my mad scientist experiment to mash all together with mortar and pestle while laughing maniacally and then I'll smush the neon mixture onto my face while shouting, ALIVE, ALIVE! muah ha ha ha

on 10/15/2010 10:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've been out of work for a while due to some medical issues so I have been "shopping my stash"; I have enough foundations to last me a good amount of time in spite of trying to convince myself otherwise.I decided to rediscover the Graftobian, which I bought last winter and have used a handful of times.
Don't get this if you're on a time constraint; this takes time to buff in and blend so it doesn't sit on the skin and look ghastly. Secondly, get a flocked sponge, dampen it and use that to apply with. I think a foundation brush would work well too. Since moving south my skin has been more combination to normal, rather than combo to dry; I no longer have the "getting stuck in my small pores" problem BUT I do have the medication fueled facial flushing.I need medium to full coverage now because of it and this works well.
I don't mind saying (especially if it helps someone else out) I am in the tail end of my 30's,and while acne has never been an issue I AM starting to see the lines cropping up here and there.This foundation doesn't make me look 25 and I don't expect it to; what it does do is blend in seamlessly,perfect color match (I'm NC20,BB Warm Ivory,MUFE 20 in F&B, EL DW Shell.) It's really inexpensive and wears nicely; get a sample size if you're unsure of what color to go with.
Sorry! ETA: the color that worked the best is Prima Donna; thank you to the sweet member who messaged me and asked :) I had inadvertently left that out.

on 10/13/2010 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I had been looking for a medium to full coverage foundation that matched my skin tone and had a finish that I liked. Graftobian's Creme foundation is as close to perfect as is possible. I really like the finish, which I think of as milky, and I can build the coverage to cover most of what I want to hide and still look natural. The color match is more than great -- it is close to perfect. I use Bombshell and for a point of reference in MAC I am a NW15. Finally, the price is very reasonable. I highly recommend giving this foundation a try, but keep in mind the following. There is a learning curve with this foundation. When people say a little goes a long way, they are not kidding. If you put too much on, it can look pretty bad. You may have to play around with how you apply it.