Graftobian HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Graftobian  HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

4.1

Caprylic/Capric/Triglyceride, Octyl Palmitate, Carnauba Wax, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Bees Wax, Ozokerite Wax, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, PTFE, BHA, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, N-Butylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Talc, Ultramarines.

on 5/12/2015 3:00:00 PM

This is my holy grail foundation. I was able to visit Makeup Mania in Denver and get a perfect match. Cashmere Beige. When I got home I started experiencing buyer's remorse~ it seemed so goopy and too dark and weird. And then I took it out of the packaging and started experimenting.
This foundation can be as sheer or heavy as you want to make it. Used straight it's a great concealer. I sheer it out with primer or moisturizer. The ratio depends of how my skin looks on a given day. I love that flexibility. And believe me, this foundation is so pigmented that a tiny bit goes a long long way. Naturally I learned that lesson the hard way.
I applied this foundation to one half of my face and was stunned to see it was a perfect match to my skin colour. It evened out my skin tone, blurred out pores and lines, covered dark circles. My skin but way way better. I'm a believer!

on 1/16/2015 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I used the Graceful Swan creme foundation. I know it states it is NC15-ish, but I don't think that is completely accurate. It seems to be lighter in color than NC15. There's also a lighter shade, Ivory, for warm-toned pale girls that is probably one of the palest foundations I've come across.

As a person with dry skin, this foundation is not very dry skin friendly. You can slather on all the moisturizers in the world or even a damp Beautyblender, but this stuff will still manage to emphasize dry patches or any hairs (e.g. peach fuzz or the light hairs between your eyebrows), which is largely the reason I won't be using it again after using it up.

This being said, there are perks to this: it is relatively cheap and for a cream foundation, $18 for 0.5 oz is pretty sizeable compared to the 0.42 oz offered by NARS or Cover FX. Furthermore, I found I didn't really need a concealer when using this because it is opaque.

Ultimately, I will not repurchase, but as in all foundation-related issues, ymmv.

PROS:

- Cheap for product per oz of 0.5 oz for $18
- Very opaque
- Wide variety of shades available

CONS:

- Dry-skinned folk will struggle to make this work

on 11/2/2014 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I use this foundation (warm shade Femme Fatale) with a damp sponge and it has the most amazing coverage. I have used this for about 2 years.

Pros:
Natural buildable coverage with a creamy texture - can be used as a concealer or foundation depending on how it's applied. As others have said it 'looks like skin'.
Lasts ages! (Have used my latest pot for the past 4 months and it's far from finished).
Huge range of shades that blend easily - warm, neutral, cool. (May make sense to buy a palette or samples to test first).
Do not find that it oxidises.
Packaging is small and lightweight - can easily dab beauty blender or similar straight into it.
Price is so cheap for the quality of the product.
Find that it lasts well when set with powder and setting spray (6-8 hours).
Does not break me out (I have oily, acne-prone skin).

Cons:
Sometimes I find that this can transfer or rub off if I touch my face.
Not easily available - I have to order from the US.
May not be the best for oily skin if not set well. (I have oily skin and find that it definitely needs to be set with powder in some areas).

Despite the cons I will keep repurchasing as long as they make this foundation - high quality, great price and looks beautiful on.

on 12/26/2013 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I adore this. I have the warm palette, and the second to lightest mixed with a bit of third to lightest (in the 5 palette) is my exact shade. I scoop out a tiny bit, mix with my regular SPF Olay moisturizer, and apply straight to my face with fingers if I'm in a rush or for daily simple use. It gives me a flawless finish that lasts all day.

The ingredients made me worry when I first read them, but my sensitive skin has not broken out, even with repeated use. I am in love. Highly recommend - straight up blended with a sponge or foundation brush for maximum coverage (for special events) or mixed with moistizer (for daily use.)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought the warm super palette which comes in 18 shades! I love it!!!!
if gives you a nice finish very pigmented. If you run out of ur shade no worries you have other colors to mix up together to make ur color.

on 11/2/2013 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Edit: I really wanted to play with this a bit because I'm finding that Bombshell is the best colour match to me that I've found. MAC's studio sculpt NC15 and Estée Lauder's Double Wear in Bone are the other closest ones I have found. The NC 15 is a smidge dark and pink (the studio sculpt is way less yellow than MAC's other foundations, which I cannot use at all in NC 15 without looking dark and jaundiced), and EL's Bone is too dark and yellow. NW13 in Studio Finish liquid is an ok match until it oxidizes, and then it's a weird dark pinky-orange on me. So, I've found that if I really moisturize, then use a primer I've had better luck with the Graftobian HD cream. First thing in the morning it is flawless. But it still doesn't have great staying power, and it still breaks me out a bit (less though with all the layers I have underneath than before). But by noon I am essentially redoing my makeup with a powder based compact. I wish I was just a bit more oily as I think it's probably great for those who are not dry like me.

Edit 2: I've given up. This just won't stay looking good on my skin. Not even as a concealer. I wanted to love this for the huge range of color options, but I can't make this work on my skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love how this foundation looks, love the simple packaging. I use sunlit linen, which is a unique more yellow-based color for concealer, desert sand for foundation, and ginger (which is actually a hard color to find) for contouring. I dye my hair copper and have mixed/tan complexion so it is hard for me to pick out the right warm tones to really bring it all together but this seems to work.

The actual product consistency is fantastic and really made a big difference for me in terms of finish and pictures, when I first saw it I was in awe, and I think a lot has been written about it already, so I'll just mention my problems.

One, I have very fine lines underneath my eyes, and if I do not set this with enough powder or put it on too thick, without sheering it with water, it can settle in these, which makes me think this might not be the best product for everyone.

Two, man does this makeup like to release on to my phone screen.

Three, and this took me a while to accept. It breaks me out.

So my compromise has been this. I use graftobian on the weekends, or when I go out and want to impress, and have the time to do a really good face cleanse, and bha after. I use my revlon fit foundation or rimmel stay matte mousse during the week.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of the best products I've ever used!
I purchased this product online, guessing my shade (I bought Bombshell) and as luck would have it, it matched me perfectly! I've never owned a creme foundation before, so I was a bit hesitant to use it initially as I was not sure how to apply it. However after trying a few different application techniques, I've found it applies best using a wet sponge. At the minute, my skin is combination, as I've recently finished my school exams and every time this happens my skin tends to have a mini melt-down as a result of all the stress. While this foundation looks amazing on the oily parts of my skin, it tends to stick onto the dry, flaky parts. If a person with dry skin is reading this, I recommend exfoliating the skin prior to application of this product, as it will tend to draw attention to your dryness rather than cover it.
The foundation is so light to apply, however still provides a decent coverage and is definitely buildable. It also lasts very well when set with powder and doesn't change colour throughout the day, which is a godsend as I'm pale and almost all of my foundations tend to go one or two shades darker by the end of the day.
Also the price is incredibly good for a foundation of such high quality! I live in Australia, so shipping does add up, however I've found even with shipping the product costs about 20 dollars less than MAC foundations I have purchased.
As for the packaging... I'm going to admit when I first received the foundation I was initially disappointed at the size of it. It's in a very small container, however don't let this fool you! You only need the smallest amount of this foundation to cover your entire face. A little goes a really, REALLY long way!
If you're thinking about buying this foundation - DO IT! You won't regret it, it's absolutely fantastic. I will re-purchase this product without hesitation.

on 4/5/2013 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Ok, so this has good reviews, and I can agree on lots. Yes, it has a natural finish, yes, it`s easy to find a match, and it`s great with the neutral, warm, cool - palettes. Also, it has loads of ways to use - you can sheer it out (with your moisturizer), or you can apply it heavy, for full coverage.
For me, this is not good enough. I think it`s too matte, no dewiness, no fresh feeling. It feels a bit too heavy for my liking, and can`t wait to get it off. It looks natural and good though, but I just can`t stand too matte foundations. Also - it tranfers bigtime! I wore my black jacket today...when I got home, the colar was greyish....Meh...! Youd need to set this with a powder....which is also a downside for me, can`t stand too much powder, makes me feel too made up...and drylooking / cakey skin.
Nope, will not repurchase, but glad to know what the hype`s all about.
I stick to more dewy foundations....

on 2/25/2013 8:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So after hearing a ton of buzz about this foundation, I finally bought some in the shade "Prima Donna". Selecting a shade was pretty easy. Graftobian's website has a color chart which breaks down shades by warm, cool and neutral. "Prima Donna" was in the neutral category and it is a PERFECT match for my NC25 skin. Coverage is pretty amazing. I prefer to thin out the foundation by applying it with a wet Beauty blender. Also, it is VERY easy to go overboard and use too much of this foundation. Less is definitely more! The only reason I didn't give this foundation all five lippies is because it is just too easy to use too much and get cake-face. If used correctly, the finish is gorgeous. I was not expecting much in terms of longevity but I have found that this does last all day without melting down or disappearing. I will certainly repurchase because it is better than most foundations I have ever tried.