Graftobian HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Graftobian  HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

Caprylic/Capric/Triglyceride, Octyl Palmitate, Carnauba Wax, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Bees Wax, Ozokerite Wax, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, PTFE, BHA, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, N-Butylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Talc, Ultramarines.

on 7/17/2018 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My shade is Lady Fair (for reference Phyrrah the beauty blogger also wears that shade, and I find if it matches her it matches me) I can also wear Ivory, but Lady fair (neutral vs ivory's warm) is far better.

I tried the "Ultra-Lites" Pallette. I was surprised to find Silk Sprite, porcelain and Nymph too light to use except for concealer. It's rare I find something to pale for me. There is a great color range here.

I had high hopes for this but could not get it to work. With a beauty blender, brush or fingers. Wet or dry, even stippled and blended. I have dry skin but a few areas I want a little coverage on. I have used stick foundations before but this just didn't want to blend well on me.

I don't know if it wasn't playing well with my primer, etc...but I just couldn't make it work with any technique. Maybe it's just me since others love it. Even as a concealer only I found it hard to blend and cakey.

When it goes "off" or bad, it starts to smell really rancid and eventually I had to throw it away but I never mastered using it, sadly. It may be just me, my skin or my technique though. It is the thickest, most pigmented foundation I've ever seen. I just couldn't get it to blend well on me.

on 3/2/2017 8:29:00 PM

I have terribly uneven skin. My skin is very red from rosacea, and I have patches psoriasis along my hairline. So I need high coverage foundation to tone down my beet/lobster/sunburned looking skin. Graftobian is in my top ten brands for foundations. The creme formula works well with dry skin, though, it does develop oil as I wear it. The colors I like the best are Buff, Aurora, and Sunrise Flush, and I normally mix them to get my exact shade.

Pros: High coverage, a little goes a long way, and they have a great variety of colors.

Cons: It's difficult to blend, it gets oily as you wear it so you need to re-powder, it can apply cakey if you don't blend it right, and I feel that I don't get a lot of product for the price.

This is a nice foundation, and does even out my skin, but the price tag and the need for retouches make me hesitate to reach for this one. I find it blends better than Kryolan foundations, but I find the Kryolan looks better in photographs. I think Graftobian, however, looks better in person.

I recommend this foundation if you're looking for high coverage, and are willing to devote time into blending it. I bought mind in a palette, and the pots were very small. You really only need a little bit, but I just feel for the size you get that it's a little pricey.

on 7/6/2016 8:03:00 PM

My go to makeup! It's stage makeup so definitely it's heavier but you can control the coverage by using a damp beauty blender. Lasts and covers imperfections perfectly and smoothly if applied well. I use this on myself and my brides!

on 5/15/2016 3:02:00 PM

I love this foundation. I use it on all my clients. ( shoots-brides-shows ) It has a very very high coverage is extremely creamy and if you have the warm and neutral palette you really can do the make up of allmost anyone in the world.( but the slik sprite and you can mix for extreme light skin and you're done! ) You can get to everybody their color very easy I never have trouble mixing with these colours they are very obvious and easy. Applying is also very easy you can do it with anything you like I reccoment a brush or sponge or both. It looks really soft/HD. You don't get a cake face easily with this because a tiny amount covers allot and it's also great for mixing with a light cream and create a lighter foundation. I allways mix it with cream on clients except op the undereye area I use it pure. And on problem skin I use it pure all over. It does cling to dry skin extremely so people do need to take care of their skin and moisterize and exfoliate. But I had brides who had parts of skin it clinged on to and when they took care of their skin a couple of weeks the foundation went on great ! But whenyou are allways dry/patchy you will hate this it makes it look a 100 times worse. Not a great choice for realy oily skin. A bit oily is okay just set it with a powder puff and use a good primer before hand. Or mix the primer into the foundation. But can really slide off on "extremely" oily skin and sometimes cause breakouts I heard but I haven't had that problem so far but I do clients only one time and not everyday and I'm sure that makes the difference in that problem. Packaging is great it's a small palette but a little bit goes a lonngg way trust me it takes a while before you get it ;) The only bas part about the packaging and I also communicated that with the company is the mirror. It's okay that it's there..it is a pro product and we don;t really need a mirror in there that's more for personal users. But the edge of the mirror is bare and quite rough. It's not nicely processed in the pallette. Mine didn't get get any hits but still I had one time that I opened it and suuupertny pieces of glass were in the foundation because the edge of the mirror had lost a shard..that is really not acceptable for a pro product we should be able to travel with. But the company really took it seriously so who knows :) !

on 5/12/2015 3:00:00 PM

This is my holy grail foundation. I was able to visit Makeup Mania in Denver and get a perfect match. Cashmere Beige. When I got home I started experiencing buyer's remorse~ it seemed so goopy and too dark and weird. And then I took it out of the packaging and started experimenting.
This foundation can be as sheer or heavy as you want to make it. Used straight it's a great concealer. I sheer it out with primer or moisturizer. The ratio depends of how my skin looks on a given day. I love that flexibility. And believe me, this foundation is so pigmented that a tiny bit goes a long long way. Naturally I learned that lesson the hard way.
I applied this foundation to one half of my face and was stunned to see it was a perfect match to my skin colour. It evened out my skin tone, blurred out pores and lines, covered dark circles. My skin but way way better. I'm a believer!

on 3/26/2015 10:19:00 AM

Love the Graftobian products! I'm mega pale so find it impossible to get an under eye concealer that brightens / highlights. This make does the best range of colours for pale people! I buy the Ultra Lites set and love it I can wear all colours as concealer and under eye brightener and forehead highlight. It is an oily creme but I find it is no bother (I have combination skin) and still find it stays fine!
Do recommend this product.. unfortunately it's not that easy to find in the UK so you'll have to order it from America in most places meaning shipping takes a bit longer but do love the product and like I say the colour range for us pale people is great! Price isn't too bad as you do get 5 different colours and it lasts ages the smallest bit goes so far x

on 1/16/2015 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I used the Graceful Swan creme foundation. I know it states it is NC15-ish, but I don't think that is completely accurate. It seems to be lighter in color than NC15. There's also a lighter shade, Ivory, for warm-toned pale girls that is probably one of the palest foundations I've come across.

As a person with dry skin, this foundation is not very dry skin friendly. You can slather on all the moisturizers in the world or even a damp Beautyblender, but this stuff will still manage to emphasize dry patches or any hairs (e.g. peach fuzz or the light hairs between your eyebrows), which is largely the reason I won't be using it again after using it up.

This being said, there are perks to this: it is relatively cheap and for a cream foundation, $18 for 0.5 oz is pretty sizeable compared to the 0.42 oz offered by NARS or Cover FX. Furthermore, I found I didn't really need a concealer when using this because it is opaque.

Ultimately, I will not repurchase, but as in all foundation-related issues, ymmv.

PROS:

- Cheap for product per oz of 0.5 oz for $18
- Very opaque
- Wide variety of shades available

CONS:

- Dry-skinned folk will struggle to make this work

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I would not recommend this to people with acne prone skin because it contains lanolin. I can't give a full review as I only wore it a few times because it broke me out almost immediately. It did give me a doll like complexion, though. Transfers easily, too.

on 3/10/2014 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This makeup goes on and looks good for about a half hour but then seperates into patches all over my face and settles in the creases around my nose. Powder over the top makes this phenomenon even worse. I don't understand why the reviews for this foundation are so good.

I'm coming to the conclusion that most women are using tons of products underneath and on top of their foundation and so reading reviews for a product may be more complicated and not so straightforward. I don't really care how it works over 3 products and under two more (serum, primer, powder, setting mist etc.) I just want to know what will happen when I put this makeup on alone. The reviews didn't reflect the reality of that at all.

Covergirl Outlast is the best foundation I've tried for a just one product and walk out the door situation. Sunscreen, supposedly a primer concealer and foundation all in one. It's the only makeup I've tried that I really only need the one thing and that's it.

I didn't intend this to be a CG review but there it is.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I just purchased this and I've had it for about a week. I recently became infatuated with cream foundations and concealers and I did a lot of research and it came down to the Graftobian palette or Cinema Secrets. Finally, I just got both because they are both around $20. I am fairly pale but I never realize HOW pale I am until I get a new foundation. I wear NC15 in Mac, the lightest color, and even that is a hair too dark for me. I was told to get the warm palette #1 and I was really hesitant on that because I always stuck with cool, but the colors match nicely. It took like a week for the foundation palette to get here from Camera Ready Cosmetics and I was so excited to try them! All the reviews I read said the foundation applied best with a beautyblender so that is what I used.
The foundation looks nice initially. It doesn't cover my pores or slight acne scars well at all, which is what I really really wanted it for but oh well, I thought, at least it looks natural. Just a little oily. So I used my Laura Mercier setting powder over the top and problem solved, right? Wrong.. Just touching my face left little finger prints. It doesn't set. So I was just sure not to touch my face. I went to class for three hours and when i came home and looked in the mirror, i was absolutely shocked. My face looked horrible. The foundation had separated everywhere and I looked so greasy in places I don't usually get oily. I don't understand what all the hype is about this foundation. I guess if it would just stay in place and not transfer onto everything, it would be pretty decent. But since it doesn't, I would not buy again.
In comparison, the cinema secrets cream foundattion is better. Still not a miracle foundation, but it is definitely better and it feels so nice on my skin.

Popular Crème Foundations