Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights - Sunset

Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights - Sunset

4.3

on 11/26/2009 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This doesn't show up on me, despite several applications. The screw-top jar is annoying because you have to screw the top back on when you're done, instead of snapping it shut like you can with a Nars blush. This is probably better suited for paler complexions. Also $30 is a bit steep for a blush, especially one made in China.

For reference, I'm Mac NC30, Nars Budapest/Fiji, BE1.2/2.0 light, and EM winged butter.

on 8/1/2009 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

Being fair skinned and freckled, I struggle to find the perfect highlighters, bronzers and blushe(r)s. Recently I've purchased some Smashbox products to acclimate myself to the brand. I purchased the Fusion Soft Lights in Sunset because I thought it would make a great highlighter. When I received the product, I was initially doubtfull that I'd like and use it. The product consists of a trio of three colors with a light pink and a light yellow/gold hugging a bronze brown. The brown occupies the majority of the space and I found the brown to be rather intimidating. Then I tried the product. It's perfect! This is the best bronzer I've ever used. It adds warmth to my face and provides a bit of shimmer without an overwhelming deposit of color or glitter. I've used it as an all-over bronzer, as a blush and as a highlighter and I'm always happy with the results. It can be layered. It's incredibly versatile and gives just the right amount of everything. I believe the Sunset was a limited edition product but Smashbox still offers Fusion Soft Lights in comparable color combinations. I'll say it again...LOVE IT... and totally recommend it to those who are fair skinned who want a bit of bronze without a dumping of orange or brown on their face. I cringe when I open my purse to purchase high-end makeup but when it's worth it...it's just worth it. :)

on 5/22/2009 11:04:00 PM

I got this on a special , so it was rather cheap .
I Found out that it was from China & i wanted to resell it , since i don't like products in china ; but i found out that most of the ingredients in it, were the same as bronzers from l'oreal and etc, so i came home and i tried it on.
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH
I cannot express how much i love this product!
Right now i'm so tempted to go purchase some more!
( but if this will last a few years, then i might wait )
I love the glow it gives to your face.
When the light is dim , it gives you a flawless yet like a sunset glow look
When the suns out , it gives you a sparkle and such a beautiful sunkissed look.
Does anyone know how long to lasts ? Per average use about 2-3 times a week ?
LOVE. WILL PURCHASE! Hope smashbox never stops making this!
Updatee! 3o/5/o9
This has been breaking me out really bad! I`m not sure why , i've had 5 pimples in a week. Maybe it's because i haven't been getting much sleep , so not sure if it is this yet ; will update , still loving it though

on 3/12/2008 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing bronzer....just the right amount of bronze and glow so you never look fake! I hope they never stop making this. Will buy again, if this one ever runs out.

on 10/3/2007 2:42:00 PM

This is by far the prettiest and the most effective bronzer/highlighterI have ever used. I am a NW20, BB Extra Light, and this product looks absolutely natural on my face. Not too sparkly, it gives me a healthy an elegant glow. I already have Lens and wanted something subtler for summer days. I apply it with Bourjois bronzer brush, but now I ordered the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign Soft Lights Fusion with the brush, so I'll be complete! It's pricey, but wirth it. A lot of product, it will last forever.

on 9/20/2007 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love. It's funny; what made me love the look of the product at first is what I'm glad didn't last. I am, of course, referring to the gold shimmer overspray. It makes the compact look gorgeous; just like a sunset, with the colors all melding together. However, that shimmer is just too shimmery---not the subtle look found underneath Sunset, or any other SoftLights for that matter. Luckily, as noted, it goes away after a few uses and you are left with a trio of colors (mainly bronzer, but a bit of creamy pale yellow and smokey pink) that give my fair neutral/slightly cool skin a lovely glow. Another Softlights winner. :)

I can't believe I ever made up my face in the summer without this bronzer. It is beautifully packaged as mentioned before and gives my face a light shimmer or deeper glow depending on what I want or need it for. It doesn't look or feel caked on at all.

on 7/17/2007 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am surprised by all the negative feedback this product has gotten. I quite like it. I own all the other soft lights made by Smashbox including all the fusion ones. This one has a shimmery golden spray over the top. I was actually happy this is just a shimmery overspray that disappears after you use this a couple times. The shimmer was just too gold and too shimmery and settled into my pores.

Whats underneath is my favorite part. A trio of colors, small outer bit/strip of soft pale pink, soft outer bit/strip of soft pale gold, and a larger strip of a soft tan shade in the middle. None are too dark or too pigmented. When this glides on the skin, you get the faintest hint of a little warmth to the skin and a soft focus effect that kind of blends the skin smooth. My skin looks great with this. Not overly bronze like some bronzers can be. Its also not shimmery but the faintest hint that makes my skin glow. I am an nc30 light olive complexion and my skin looks great with this. I skip foundation alot and this just really smooths out my complexion and warms it a little. I love this and would repurchase. Retails for $30.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have to give this some points off because it looks so beautiful when you first get it, just like a sunset. But after two uses its just 3 different colors like all of Smashbox other fusion soft lights. I have to admit I did purchase it because it was so pretty. I also have to say I like it as a bronzer on myself. Its just disappointing that the product wasn't actually that amazing looking after just a couple of uses. Anyway I have a lot of bronzer's this one is great for my fair skin and doesn't look to dark or blotchy. I am still disappointed by appearances.. boy am I shallow or what.

on 6/21/2007 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm so on the fence about this one. The minute I saw it I had to have it but to be honest I could have lived without it. There's not much color to it but on my lighter complexion it is a good complexion enhancer for no-low makup days. Gives a slight glow without much color. I used a ton trying to build some color with it and got something that resembled the look of intermix if you took the rose tones out of it but I had to use so much product it wasn't funny. The top layer of shimmer that this starts out with is pretty but useless IMO. It's too much shimmer to wear so I just swirled and swirled until I got the top layer off. I saw a tip to mix the gold & the peachy color together and use as eyeshadow. That looks nice - gives a soft wash of color to the lids. I'll use it but definately won't rebuy this one :(