Chandrika ayurvedic soap

Chandrika ayurvedic soap

Price: $

Price: $

70.77% coconut oil, 21.95% caustic soda, 3.21% chandrika thilam, 1.36% wild ginger (mala inchi), 1.36% soap stone powder, 1% chandrika kashayam, .34% lime (naranga), .01% colour (chayam)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Background on my skin: I'm an African-American woman with deep colored skin who is oily and acne prone.

This soap is the only thing that keeps cystic acne from taking over my face. I've used it off and on for just over a year and recently started using it in the AM and PM on a consistent basis. It does a great job at removing my makeup without leaving my skin feeling like it's stripped of all moisture. I use this soap in conjunction with a face brush I have from Sephora. This little bar lasts me a lifetime. Highly recommend this soap for individuals with oily skin who are looking for some relief. I still get oily throughout the day but this soap has cut down on the oiliness tremendously.

on 5/28/2016 1:59:00 PM

My husband and I both love this soap. This soap is one of our household's "must-have-in-stock" items. Smells great and gentle on skin. It won't give burning sensation even when your skin is sensitive. I wash my hair with this soap too. It lathe well but won't creak my hair although I still use conditioner afterwards. Plus my hair smells fragrant after shower for a while. I usually buy this soap online at less than $1.00/pc so it's very cost effective too. But you need to keep the soap dry after use to get most out of it, otherwise it will melt away quickly. It has very strong distinctive smell of sandalwood, which makes our bathroom smell nice. You would like this soap if you like the smell of Indian incense.

on 7/22/2015 2:45:00 PM

YUM. This little green $1.50 soap smells delish. Lathers up a storm...I like to use it for shaving my legs.

I wash my face with it a few times a week in the summer, when I'm oily, especially on hot, sweaty days with lots of makeup happening. If I do this too often it strips my skin and leaves it reddened. But it hasn't broken me out at all and cuts right through all the heavy oily stuff. Using it all over my body is fine, I haven't experienced noticeable dryness that way.

#1 tip: Smell the box first. This is a great soap, but I buy it mostly for the scent, and the scent is strong. If I have extra bars laying about, I'll stick one in my lingerie drawer. It leaves a lingering, pleasant incence-y aroma on my unmentionables lol. Smells especially delicious in summer, and pairs well with many of my hot weather perfumes, especially Diptyque's Tam Dao, which has a lot of sandalwood. The scent sticks around on your skin for a long time too, unlike most soaps.

I like to give these as little token gifts. Something cheap and fun for no good reason :)

on 9/12/2014 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I always have bars of this in stock. The scent just makes me soooo happy! It's a very incensey scent, but not really in a head shop kind of way. It lasts a decent time in the shower and doesn't melt away like some soaps. Seems a little pricey considering how small the bars are, but I can usually find a 10 pack on amazon for between $10 and $12. I can't tell if it's moisturizing or drying, as I always slather on lotion as soon as I step out of the shower. In a smaller bathroom it makes the whole bathroom smell lovely right after it's used. I will ALWAYS repurchase this unless they stop making it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Always use this soap during hot and humid summer days when i get really sweaty and need to shower 2-3 times a day. Love the fresh clean piney scent which lingers around hours after my shower. Lathers very well and rinses clean epecially good for oily skin. Dry skin types might want to avoid this. You can also use on your face but wash it off asap to prevent tightness. It even cured my sweat rash. Very cheap where i'm from (SGD4.50 for a pack of 10) but gets used up fast. i go through 2 bars a week.

on 5/28/2015 10:18:00 AM

I have just purchased a bar of this recently. I found it in a new Asian grocery store where I live. As soon as I picked it up I could smell it and it was blissful! It smells like soap. Super clean, fresh soap. I am quite conscious and cautious in regards to what I will put on my skin and down the drain, back into the planet. I'm satisfied with the ingredients for this bar. Cost was fine. Cheaper than a bottle of supermarket ick bodyLux for her, and him. Ha. I love this soap on my skin too. Its quite drying but find a decent oil with properties known to aid and ward of previous and potential conditions you may have such as such as jojoba oil with some lavender for a good anti-age soothing sleep mix :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm a repeat customer of this product. I love the piney/herbal smell, it lathers well, lasts a long time and only costs $1.47. I have used this on my face for a few days and it did not break me out but it did really dry my skin out so now I only use it on my body. I have the export version.

on 5/22/2013 4:35:00 AM

Ive got about 10 of these little green bars around the house at any given time. I found these in my local health store and fell in love with the scent, strong incense smell. It's a love it or hate it scent. Unfortunately the soap itself is drying which is why i dont bathe with it. i keep the bars in my drawers, in luggage when travelling, and often out on my dresser as the scent is pretty strong and i love it. after a bars been out a while, i'll use it as hand soap in btwn another hand soap. I wish it wasnt so drying! Its cheap, just about $1.50 but the bar is small. Im not sure if Ive ever seen the ingredient list as i buy this mainly for scent, but the bright green color would suggest artificial coloring as the smell is likely not 100% true.

on 5/22/2013 2:11:00 PM

This soap is clearly the most fragrant soap you can buy. It smells of pine trees after the rain and makes your whole bathroom smell heady. It tends to dry out the skin but it is no more drying than some other products used for skin conditions.I follow it up with a few drops of herbal oil rubbed into my skin. It is similar to another soap from India called Medimix.

on 4/16/2014 5:49:00 PM

Many reviewers are horrified because caustic soda is found in the list of ingredients. I feel that I must respond: CAUSTIC SODA is a NECESSARY COMPONENT of the soap-making process. ALL true soaps are made with lye, which is also called caustic soda, and oil (or fat). The lye and fat react with each other and are completely changed into soap. There is NO lye left over in the soap, although most soaps have extra oils left over in them. Also, ALL true soap is drying to the skin. I use this delightful soap as much as I want, for the face and in the bath, and I moisturize afterward with natural oils. (Almost all of the commercial moisturizers sold today contain petroleum products, which I don't want to put on my skin.) I hope you enjoy this naturally fragrant and healing soap as much as I do!