Rimmel Faster - 60 Seconds Top Coat

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Yes!!! I would buy this product again and again, if only I could still find it. It is not on the Rimmel website anymore so I guess it has been discontinued. This is a great loss for my nails.

I stumbled on this top coat when I was around 12-13, and I have repurchased until now (I am 22). This simply does everything I want and everything it says: it locks my polish in place for 1 week, it gives a nice shiny finish, it dries super fast, it evens out polish in case there are any imperfections or bubbles, does not chip at all for me.

My only complaint would be that it starts to become thick when I am halfway through the bottle. I know I could use a thinner, but sometimes I just get a new bottle instead. Oh and of course, I can't complain enough about the fact that it's gotten so damn hard to find and probably discontinued.

If you can find this, I recommend you buy it and stock up if what you're looking for is a cheap top coat that does not chip, dries fast and lasts a week.

on 12/8/2009 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really like this top coat. I was having problems with my nail polish chipping after 1 or 2 days and so decided to start using a top coat. Got this on a whim on sale at Ulta. Apparently, it has Lycra in it! I think that helps with preventing chipping. Anyhow, the shine is beautiful and I will be buying again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm suprised this doesn't have better reviews. I bought this on sale at Ulta last week and I'm pretty pleased. This is a pretty decent top coat. I wouldn't give it HG status, but it's good, especially for the price. Dries super fast and pretty durable. Very minimal peeling/chipping. I'll keep buying this unless I stumble across something better.

on 6/18/2009 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is the worst TC I've ever tried. I did my nails last night and decided to test this out. It dried quickly but made my smooth-as-glass polish all bumpy and gross! It's like stucco now! Steer clear of this abomination.

on 9/3/2008 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I tried this as a top coat and a base coat. It chipped both times the very next day. Don't waste your money. The Sally Hansen Age Correct top coat/base coat is much better!

on 11/1/2007 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I had just the opposite experience as the other reviewers. On day 4 I have absolutely no chips which is remarkable as far as I am concerned. I added a MAC pigment to this TC to make a green polish & applied this over Stickey base coat with Seche Vite TC. I applied two coats of Faster and let it dry between coats and the TC for about 10 minutes. It applied smoothly and evenly with no streaking or bubbling. Four days later it is still going strong. IMO that is quite impressive for a $1.99 60 second dry TC. The bottle and brush are generally unremarkable. Given the performance and the price I would definitely try this again if for nothing more than making my own custom colors of nail polish. UPDATE 11-13-2007 The real secret to the long lasting aspect of this polish is the pigment that I added and not the TC itself. I know this b/c I have used pigment w/several other brands of TC as well with the same results. For some reason the pigment makes these TCs wear like iron. I am not complaining as I love to make my own colors w/pigments.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had very high hopes for this product based on my positive prior experiences with Rimmel products. Unfortunately, this one did not meet my expectations.

Application was quick and easy. The brush is a nice size and the top coat seemed to apply well. BUT, within a minute, I had bubbling all over my nails. In addition, it took forever for my nails to dry. I polished my nails 3 hours before I wen to bed, yet I still woke up with sheet marks. And, the bubbling continued throughout the night. My mani was ruined beyond repair by the morning.

I'll be sticking with my Seche Vite!