Rimmel Faster - 60 Seconds Top Coat

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had very high hopes for this product based on my positive prior experiences with Rimmel products. Unfortunately, this one did not meet my expectations.

Application was quick and easy. The brush is a nice size and the top coat seemed to apply well. BUT, within a minute, I had bubbling all over my nails. In addition, it took forever for my nails to dry. I polished my nails 3 hours before I wen to bed, yet I still woke up with sheet marks. And, the bubbling continued throughout the night. My mani was ruined beyond repair by the morning.

I'll be sticking with my Seche Vite!

on 10/9/2007 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been on the hunt for the perfect topcoat, and this is most definitely not it. It goes on nicely, if a little thick. The shine is good. But the denting is just too much. Even after hours of dry time, this topcoat dented with only the slightest provocation. I could gently press one of my other nails against it (again, this is with hours of dry time) and it would leave a mark. There were also sheet marks when I woke up the next morning. I had to redo my nails the very next day.

on 11/1/2007 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I had just the opposite experience as the other reviewers. On day 4 I have absolutely no chips which is remarkable as far as I am concerned. I added a MAC pigment to this TC to make a green polish & applied this over Stickey base coat with Seche Vite TC. I applied two coats of Faster and let it dry between coats and the TC for about 10 minutes. It applied smoothly and evenly with no streaking or bubbling. Four days later it is still going strong. IMO that is quite impressive for a $1.99 60 second dry TC. The bottle and brush are generally unremarkable. Given the performance and the price I would definitely try this again if for nothing more than making my own custom colors of nail polish. UPDATE 11-13-2007 The real secret to the long lasting aspect of this polish is the pigment that I added and not the TC itself. I know this b/c I have used pigment w/several other brands of TC as well with the same results. For some reason the pigment makes these TCs wear like iron. I am not complaining as I love to make my own colors w/pigments.

on 11/12/2007 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the TCs I started with when I just started doing my nails. It goes on easily, and dries fairly fast. Well, the TC dries fast, but I agree with a few reviewers below that it definitely has a denting problem, but not as bad as described below. It usually takes about 1 hrs for my nails to completely dry and i use a base coat, 2-3 coats of colour, and this TC. I think this product is inexpensive and good quality, Rimmel Lycra has always been one of my top choices for base coats and top coats.

I really love this TC.

I only bought it because the store was out of the JetDry TC.

It dried fast and the shine was incredible!

I put it on 1 hour before I went to bed and didn't have any problems w/ sheet marks, denting, etc.

This is taking the place of my original TC & for less money!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am sorry to be the vote of dissension here, but I hated this stuff. I applied as the directions said, and it peeled off my nails literally in 2 hrs. 2 hrs. Peeled off. At least it did dry in 60 seconds as it advertises. But it did not work for me. 2 thumbs down, for sure.

I was at the drugstore. Really wanted to buy seche-vite, but being a poor college student, I had no money. I went for this one for the sole reason that it was cheapest. It's actually quite nice! Not as shiny or quick as seche-vite, but for the money, I can't complain. I don't feel too guilty using it too since it's not expensive!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I always use this when painting my nails.It's HG to me and I love the price!It keeps my polish looking good untill I tire of the color.

on 9/3/2008 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I tried this as a top coat and a base coat. It chipped both times the very next day. Don't waste your money. The Sally Hansen Age Correct top coat/base coat is much better!

on 6/18/2009 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is the worst TC I've ever tried. I did my nails last night and decided to test this out. It dried quickly but made my smooth-as-glass polish all bumpy and gross! It's like stucco now! Steer clear of this abomination.