Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencils (All)

Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencils (All)

4.3

on 4/27/2017 3:05:00 AM

I have this lipliner in 14c and I use it with Kat von d Lolita. It's a perfect match. I love the way it glides on and it is definitely smooth.

I have used Mac lip liners before and I prefer the texture of this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I do like the shade I bought and it blends well with lipstick, but it does not last long at all. You would be better off buying a drugstore lipliner. I am disappointed because this cost me at least $21...might have been more but I can't remember. It is not worth it's price if you want something long lasting.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

These are my go to. I only wish there were more shades. They go on smoothly, never tug your skin, you can fill your lips in effortlessly if you want to use it as a good base prior to lipstick, it does not bleed, and wears all day.

on 8/3/2016 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I LOVE this! After using my first lipliner from this range I've forgotten all about other lip liners. I'm slowly replacing my collection of MAC, Urban decay and Smashbox lip liners with alternatives from Make up Forever!

I had waited years for Make up Forever to be available in stores in the UK and it was worth the wait. Focusing specifically on the aqua lip liner however, I can say that I'm pleasantly surprised. I often find lip liners don't prevent bleeding (The lipstick going over the lines) and doesn't ensure that your lipstick wears off when drinking/eating. This lip liner is amazing because after you've created your desired line and thus lip shape, when applying lipstick it tends to stay within the lines! It acts almost as a barrier - of course this wont work if you deliberately apply lipstick beyond the lines! Over time I find that my lipstick travels outwards or my lips lose the lines I drew on to create the perfect shape, I assume this happens from, air, talking and eating and drinking. With this lipliner your lipstick will not budge! It stays in place completely, like sealed.

They are great as a base too if you're someone like me who does't just like lining the lips but blending the liner into the centre to eliminate that harsh line/ barrier of liner and lipstick. The texture is creamy and soft so its spreads well over the lips without drying them out like MAC liners! They have a good strong pigment so they work well for acting as a base colour under sheer, shiny or light lipsticks.

They sharpen easily and last a long time since they are heavily pigmented and the creamy texture makes them thicker than other lipliners in the market. If your're not a fan of any pencil products because of the roughness, residue or difficulty of sharpening wood, you'll love the material of this lip liner. I'm not sure what it's made out of but i's much softer than wood, has less residue after sharpening and is easy to sharpen.

I hope that they expand the line and provide more colours!

I could go on all day about why I love this product but here is final verdict:
Pros - waterproof, creamy, goes a long way, doesn't let lipstick bleed over the lines
Cons- none so far?!, maybe that there's no box but that's a very picky point

I've tried this liner with liquid lispticks and the outcome is just as good. Yet to try it with a gloss but I know it can't disappoint!

on 8/1/2016 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love mufe's aqua range! Their lip liners are long lasting and creamy..... I have 14c which is rosewood or light rosewood and on my pigmented lips, appears pink with the slightest hint of brown. I pair it with Rosie for autographs lady rose or mac twig. Sometimes I use it on its own because it's a lovely natural pink shade.

on 6/7/2016 8:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

These are the best lipliners I have ever used. HG for me. I'm NW20 leaning neutral and my perfect nude is 3C. These last all day and make every lipstick better. A bit pricey but worth it over all.

Literally having been using this product in different colors for 7 years. As a hair stylist, I don't get breaks during the day. I can just pencil in my lips the colors I want for the day when u get ready. And ascent them with a gloss and just reapply a gloss or chap stick through the day. Lip liner last all day.... Love❤️💕❤️

on 5/21/2016 2:31:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

.I bought this in 5C beige brown, I found it at Marshalls for $5.00, there was a dark purple color but no.

I wear long wearing lipsticks all the time namely, CG outlast and Maybelline super stay. The thought of a waterproof lip liner appealed to me for a quick out the door look from time to time.

This went on feeling tacky and never really set and also it sucked the moisture out of my lips. The next day they were still dry. Is it waterproof? I think if you put it on by itself with no moisturizer it may be.

I would never pay $19.00 for a lip liner. There are so many DS options that are creamy and blend well. Jordana for one.

on 1/23/2016 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Straight off the bat I can say that the color I got was perfect for what I wanted and the staying power of the product is excellent. On the other hand, it can be difficult to remove it. The product is quite drying on the lips, but at the same time is also very sticky. My lips also cracked and peeled quite a bit if I used this lip liner after removing a different product from my lips. Although there are a great many things I love about this product, I lean toward not repurchasing due to the difficulty in removing the product.

on 12/30/2015 10:36:00 PM

I like the matte finish but actually it's so dry and at the same time very sticky! Easily cracked on my lips, it feels like I have sands on my lips after some times I applied this lip liner.

Popular Lip Liners