Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray

Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray

Water, SD Alcohol 39-C, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoat, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Fragrance

on 8/26/2016 4:18:00 PM

Skindinavia is always having some sort of deal and promo codes with affiliated Youtubers, so finding a discount was easy for me. I believe for around $30, I got the oil-control spray, and two mini/travel sprays. One of them being primer and the other one was regular setting spray. My skin is very oily, and I have very long work days, so it's about ten hours of makeup. After work, I sometimes go out and want it to last even longer. So, what I do is use this setting spray along with other long-lasting make-up techniques. I just think this is the final thing to really seal the deal and is absolutely necessary. It prolongs make-up wear by hours!

Firstly, I properly wash and moisturize my face with a decent SPF moisturizer. Then, I use my BECCA mattifying primer. Sometimes, I even use that and Benefit's Porefessional if my pores look rather large. Then, I use a color corrector for my pimples or dark marks if I happen to have any. After letting that set, I do this trick...I take a loose face powder and just set it all. Then, I go ahead and use a Beauty Blender for my foundation. I set all of my makeup with a very thin layer of Stay Matte Powder by Rimmel. After I do my blush, bronzer, and highlighter...but before my eyes...I spray this Skindinavia on. I make sure to shake the bottle, do a T and then an X. I give it a minute to sink in. It might feel tacky, but give it time. With these steps, I can get 12 hours of wear. It's insane! I truly believe that it's because this seals it all in. I really like this product, but the make-up can still rub off if you fall asleep and have your face on the pillow. I think it's affordable with the codes and find the pricing to be reasonable. I think it's a great product and helps everything last for 12 hours!

I really wish I liked this product. I was hoping for an alternative to the UD All nighter, as that one works well for me, but not perfectly.
Pros: Cheaper than UD, and they send you two little mini bottles with your purchase.
Cons: I ordered the Oil-Free, made me more oily than ever, made my skin feel more like I was wearing makeup than the UD one, makeup rubbed off on everything, took a long time to dry, didn't dry to a dry surface like the UD one, doesn't smell bad exactly - but not good, doesn't last till the end of the day, pretty sure it made me break out.

Would not buy again. Would not recommend.

To Read all 122 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/18/2016 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bought the oil free primer and setting spray..oil free?? Who are they kidding! I'm 40 with combo skin but I had an oil slick by the end of the day. Benefit professional much better primer. First time using setting spray so will try spraying more than recommended and see if it makes a difference. I paid £30 for the primer and setting spray and this is not value for money. I apply make up at 5am and I'm home at 6:30pm and this DID NOT LAST. So annoyed about that. Will not repurchase

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a very oily t-zone. I ran out of my UD Deslick setting spray and thought I would try this since it is partnered with Urban Decay. At first, I did like it, but then I noticed that my t-zone was oily a few hours later (and I had the one for Oil Control) It did make my makeup last really well but It did make me break out a little bit. I have a little bit left in my bottle and I use it for a primer spray now (since it is basically the same as the skindinavia primer spray!!!) and then I apply my makeup and use UD Deslick setting spray and my face does not get oily at all.. UD Deslick setting spray is my holy grail!!!! Would not repurchase skindinavia.

on 4/2/2016 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First, let me start off with the fact that I've tried a dozen setting sprays and the only one I ever believed in (for lasting power) is UD's All Nighter. However, my quest did not end there to find another setting spray that worked for me.

I have seen raves about this, but I had seen the same for other products that did not work for me at all so I did not have any high expectations. BUT let me tell you, this works WONDERS for me.

Really, I've cried on two different occasions, once right before an important meeting and my makeup was INTACT. I've absolutely fallen in LOVE with this setting spray.

Tip: I spray a bit of this on a spoolie and brush though my brows after I've filled them in, stays put all day.

For reference I have combination skin.

on 3/3/2016 4:38:00 AM

Omg I love love love this product! I have super oily t-zone and my makeup would never last more than 2 hours before sliding off. I've tried so many different primers, foundations and setting powders but nothing ever worked.
I spray the Skindinavia Oil Control
Setting Spray before AND after I apply my makeup and it stays flawless for HOURS! I'm talking 8-9 hours WITHOUT touch ups.
It love how it doesn't dry/pull your skin when it sets either. 110% recommend this product

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had heard such good reviews about this, i got it bcz gossmakeupartist had recommended it on his channel but i would not repurchase or recommend this to anyone. I purchase the set (primer+finishing spray) for oily skin.

Pros :
Doesnt make skin dewy like other finishing sprays
it does elongate the wear time make up
big bottle

Cons:
It doesn't decrease the "powderiness" of the face like other setting sprays
really expensive

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this product. But it is no better than the spray I mix up for pennies. Glycerin, witch hazel, a drop or 2 of tea tree oil and water voila' a setting/refresher spray is born. All the items but glycerin I had in the house. And the glycerin was at the corner drug store. I change the ratios to suit my skin's condition. This formula is not rocket science. And this product is not worth the price Skindinavia charges. I try to save where I can.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Run, don't walk, away from this finishing spray. Not only did it break me out, make my eyes sting (when I didn't even get it in my eyes, just near them), the company will threaten you if you leave a bad review. Not worth it. There are much better sprays on the market and much more ethical companies to buy from.

Bye Felicia.

on 8/5/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I will never use another setting spray, but this! It makes my makeup last even longer than the Urban Decay All Nighter which I used to love. When using All Nighter, my makeup starts to fade after 8 hours. With this setting spray, 10 hours into it and my makeup still looks flawless…in summer heat!

The only small problem is that I bought the bridal version of this spray which I guess it's a dewy version (equivalent to Urban Decay Chill). Although it makes my makeup looks great in person, I found it to be too dewy in the photo. It’s just personal preference. I will try the regular version next time.