Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray

Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray

Water, SD Alcohol 39-C, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoat, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Fragrance

on 6/13/2017 9:43:00 AM

I bought this setting spray after Wayne Goss praised it on his channel. And I think he's right - this is the most effective setting spray on the market. It really does do what it says. And I used it for years.

I recently stopped using it, and I won't be going back. Normally, I scrutinize the ingredients in every product I buy but this made it under the radar. I was appalled when, after years of use and 2 bottles in, I finally took a gander.

One of the top 3 ingredients listed is denatured alcohol, which I've otherwise totally eradicated from my skincare regime. This has terrible long-term effects on skin health. Further down the list, the PVP ingredient helps to explain how this leaves a fine film on your skin that makes your make up look skin like. PVP is a key ingredient in hair spray.

I started to feel like I had been sacrificing the health of my skin to my day to day make up finish, so I ditched it.

I don't know what to replace it with, but I think I'm alright with that. If it's so hot outside that if my make up will melt, then I'm working on just being happy with my totally bare face. I've been thinking of it as a skin detox!

on 5/31/2017 11:07:00 AM

Bought this after Wayne Goss recommended it and got the priming spray too. Used it twice. Days later, I can't even use a gentle moisturizer on my face because my skin is so raw. It worked and kept my makeup in place for about 10 hours (except it made my waterproof mascara run) but now I'm left with skin that hurts to even wash. What I didn't know until someone at a skin care shop told me is that both the primer and setting spray is full of alcohol. It's the second ingredient, after water!! And it's not one of those fatty alcohols that actually moisturize the skin, it's pure, denatured alcohol! I wonder when my face is ever going to recover!! Oh, and it also gave me an acne cyst which I never get anymore. So thanks for nothing Skindinavia. Your products will be cleaning my toilet.

on 5/2/2017 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Its okay. It doesn't control oil or mattify. Thing is it works great immediately after you spray it and it dries down. But of course, as soon as your skin's natural oils break through, which for me is about an hour, it performs just as good as a drugstore setting spray. I'll finish the bottle but I won't go out of my way to repurchase when I can buy a cheaper item that performs almost just as well as this.

on 4/13/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OMG!!!! I've been using Skindinavia Oil Control Makeup Finishing Spray for 2 Months now. I Love, Love this spray. It makes your makeup last until your ready to take it off, it controls oil production but u must use mainly oil free makeup products or some oil will surface. I used an concealer infuzed with Coconut Oil and some oil surfaced but not alot. When i use my Revlon ColorStay foundation i get no oil so great. I can't say enough about this product. To me the 3rd greatest thing this Spray does is it holds cheap makeup for example i buy L.A. Colors products from Family Dollar or Dollar General and some products from my local Beauty Supply from $1-4 and this spray makes them long lasting they don't move until i wash my face. This product is a must have plus there online site always have deals especially on there kits so it's worth it!!!!

on 2/17/2017 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this after recommendations from Wayne Goss. Wow what a mistake! This stuff is awful. Did absolutely nothing for makeup longevity, but what it did do was make my skin an oil slick. Total waste of money.

on 2/16/2017 12:11:00 PM

Happy with the result bought the small one and in love with it so I bought the bigger size... I have a sensitive skin and I didn't breaker out... no pimple wear no itchy skin... wear every day. ...

on 10/9/2016 2:32:00 AM

Okay so this was my alternative to the UD setting spray. Its so hard to get in New Zealand!! Anyway. I probably used this product for about a month and a half and I hate it!! It made my make up separate. I started working very long hours and I would get to lunch time and my make up would look horrible. It would like separate around pores etc. I stopped using it to see if that was the problem and just used my MAC fix+ (I would use my mac fix plus with it). and my make up looks flawless all day!! So its probably just my skin type or the make up I use. Each to their own. :)

on 8/26/2016 4:18:00 PM

Skindinavia is always having some sort of deal and promo codes with affiliated Youtubers, so finding a discount was easy for me. I believe for around $30, I got the oil-control spray, and two mini/travel sprays. One of them being primer and the other one was regular setting spray. My skin is very oily, and I have very long work days, so it's about ten hours of makeup. After work, I sometimes go out and want it to last even longer. So, what I do is use this setting spray along with other long-lasting make-up techniques. I just think this is the final thing to really seal the deal and is absolutely necessary. It prolongs make-up wear by hours!

Firstly, I properly wash and moisturize my face with a decent SPF moisturizer. Then, I use my BECCA mattifying primer. Sometimes, I even use that and Benefit's Porefessional if my pores look rather large. Then, I use a color corrector for my pimples or dark marks if I happen to have any. After letting that set, I do this trick...I take a loose face powder and just set it all. Then, I go ahead and use a Beauty Blender for my foundation. I set all of my makeup with a very thin layer of Stay Matte Powder by Rimmel. After I do my blush, bronzer, and highlighter...but before my eyes...I spray this Skindinavia on. I make sure to shake the bottle, do a T and then an X. I give it a minute to sink in. It might feel tacky, but give it time. With these steps, I can get 12 hours of wear. It's insane! I truly believe that it's because this seals it all in. I really like this product, but the make-up can still rub off if you fall asleep and have your face on the pillow. I think it's affordable with the codes and find the pricing to be reasonable. I think it's a great product and helps everything last for 12 hours!

I really wish I liked this product. I was hoping for an alternative to the UD All nighter, as that one works well for me, but not perfectly.
Pros: Cheaper than UD, and they send you two little mini bottles with your purchase.
Cons: I ordered the Oil-Free, made me more oily than ever, made my skin feel more like I was wearing makeup than the UD one, makeup rubbed off on everything, took a long time to dry, didn't dry to a dry surface like the UD one, doesn't smell bad exactly - but not good, doesn't last till the end of the day, pretty sure it made me break out.

Would not buy again. Would not recommend.

on 5/18/2016 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bought the oil free primer and setting spray..oil free?? Who are they kidding! I'm 40 with combo skin but I had an oil slick by the end of the day. Benefit professional much better primer. First time using setting spray so will try spraying more than recommended and see if it makes a difference. I paid £30 for the primer and setting spray and this is not value for money. I apply make up at 5am and I'm home at 6:30pm and this DID NOT LAST. So annoyed about that. Will not repurchase