Trish McEvoy Petite Planner

4.7

on 11/10/2010 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Like a couple of other reviewers, I am not a huge fan of Trish McEvoy.
I have used some of her products over the years at an "on-again, off-again" basis. I find some of her products turn very orangy. In addition, her makeup, for the expensive price, is average and not HG-esque.
This planner is decent. Not fantastic, but not awful either. I have given it three stars b/c the price kills me--especially since one of the little leather ties keeps coming off the zipper. Drives me nuts.
That said, most of the items I carry in this are not Trish McEvoy. There are quite a few pockets and the removable travel case within a case is decent as well. There are some slim pockets for brushes and cylinders--I'll explain. I'm able to carry some Trish brushes, YSL Touche'Eclat, Eyebrow pencil and Eyeliner in the slim pockets.
I also have a mirror, primer, lipstick and chapstick, Tarte foundation, tweezers, and Trish eye shadow and blush. It does carry a lot of stuff--but I only use this when I go away.
Oh....a caveat of sorts here. I would never have purchased this if it were not for the aggressive S.A. I now avoid Trish McEvoy counters like the plague. I've never, EVER, come across more aggressive (and I use the word aggressive rather than assertive) S.A's than at T.McE. They are brutal. I'm not likin' them.

on 6/16/2010 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have had the older flat/shiny planner in the biggest size, which was great for makeup organization. It is too large to grab and slip in your purse. I recently bought the black quilted in the petite size, and I love it. It hold small pages, and two is enough to hold all of my daily makeup. It has enough room for brushes, mascara, lipstick, eyelash curler, etc. It has a separate compartment for these items, as well as a removable travel case for items while still remaining small enough to grab and go. I love Trish makeup, so this works for me. I suppose you could put any pan of makeup into the magnetic pages, they just wouldn't fit well if they are round.
In addition, she redid the pages since my last planner. they used to be clear and broke easily. They are now black, sturdier, and have a mirror. This is expensive, but once you are set you just by refills on the makeup which isn't that pricey. Love it.

I have a large planner, but mainly use my petite planner for short vacations. I occasionally toss it in my purse if I have plans after work. I keep only one page inside and add my shadows and liner before my trip. I purchased a few key petite brushes to use with the planner. It's a very convenient tool, and it helps save so much room when traveling. My makeup doesn't get crushed or broken, either. The pouch is large enough to add a lipstick, gloss, and a pressed powder. I'd say it's the ultimate travel bag or touchup kit for everyday.

on 11/10/2008 11:45:00 PM

I travel frequently and love my petite planner. I have the mid-size, too and this was a gift from my mom. Since Trish has come out with a cream foundation that fits (and I actually like) this is the perfect solution for me! I will agree with the early comments that if you do not like Trish's products this might not be the best solution for most.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have used the Trish planners in every size, but I find that the petite size is perfect! I can get all my makeup including foundation, my lash curler and brushes in this case....you have to position the curler just right on the inside or it wont fit, but I make it work without stretching out the planner at all. It is small so its great for traveling, I have two planners one is set up for travel and is always fresh and filled ready to go and the other I use daily. This really was a life saver for me, its so organized, easy to use and makes my routine so much faster in the morning.

****There is another review for this under the category of "misc beauty tools" with a lot more reviews.***

PROS: If you're into organization, this really keeps your makeup nice. Ingenious design. I got mine a LONG time ago, and it's still in perfect shape. The "Petite" is the smallest one by them. I don't even use the Trish planner pages anymore and just use my own makeup inside.

CONS: They're pretty proud of the design. These aren't cheap. This one runs about $58. Even though paying a big price for anything hurts me badly, this was absolutely worth it for me!!

*****They have three sizes. I believe, the open one in the first picture is the petite (smallest), which this review is for. It accommodates up to 3 Petite Pages, has 4 brush sleeves, and 1 large back pocket, and 1 removable mesh pouch. The dimensions are 5.875 x 3.25 x 4.25 inches.

Info on the other sizes:

The medium-size one is called "the mini." It accommodates up to 3 Mini Pages, has 4 brush sleeves, has 1 large back pocket, has 1 removable mesh pouch. The dimensions are 7.625 x 4 x 5.5 inches.

The largest one is called the "large." (Finally, a name that makes sense.) It accommodates 3-4 Large Pages, has 4 roomy brush sleeves, has 1 large back pocket, has 1 removable mesh pouch.
The dimensions are 8.625 x 4.25 x 6.125 inches.

on 3/28/2007 2:53:00 AM

I agree w/the reviewer below...I have never spent so much on makeup in my life...and I really didn't like ANY of Trish's makeup...it's average to below-average, so it didn't make the planner worthwhile. :-(

I wish she'd make planners compatible with other brands or that someone would come up w/the planner idea but without their own brand of (mediocre!) makeup!

on 10/24/2007 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have this in Ruby and I adore this color. I love Trish brushes, but I'm not crazy about her makeup. I bought this planner for my TM mini brushes. Still need to figure out what I'm going to put in the pages though.

on 6/29/2007 3:16:00 PM

I like the planner but like other viewers, I just don't like enough of her products. I also have the mac pro pan which I don't like as well, however mac eyeshadows are better, wish the mac eyeshadows fit in the TM planner , then I would be lovin it :)

I love this planner and could not disagree more about her eyeshadows!! I love her shadows more than any other line! They are great colors, soft, easily blended and last forever. I also really like her blushes!
I am NOT a MAC fan at all. I have tried and tried since it is inexpensive, however it just does not do it for me! The colors are too extreme and vivid and I find them very unwearable.