Beauty Secrets Nail Polish Thinner

Price: $

Price: $

BUTYL ACETATE ,ETHYL ACETATE ,HEPTANE

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this but it gets goopy quickly. You only need a little bit and that goes a long way. All of the colors are great. Quick application and you will appreciate how little you have to put on to see a nice difference.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love love love this thinner, it makes any nail polish back to its original thinness.

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/4/2015 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the only nail polish thinner I have ever tried and I don't think I'm going to switch anytime soon.

Pros:
I got this online from Sally Beauty for less than 5 dollars a couple of months ago! Which I say is an amazing deal for such good quality.

Basically, my first impression was amazing. My mom has a bunch of really old nail polishes, some from before I was even born, which have gotten super thick and disgusting. We always threw old nail polishes away and bought the exact same ones over again, even if they were barely used! Now we don't throw anything away knowing that we can restore them back to their original state.

Cons:
Although it says that you can apply about 1-3 drops, you need a little bit more. I've had this thinner for about 6 months since May and have used it on the thickest of thickest polishes and it's not even halfway done yet.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Awesome! I have over 400 nail polishes and some of them were starting to get thick and goopey. I thought they were goners until I learned about NP thinner. I bought this, added a few drops to an old chunky bottle, and viola! Like new! What I do is add a few drops then gently roll the polish bottle around in your hands instead of shaking it. It worked great! Like new polish!

on 7/6/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Cheap, vegan, effective. I go through phases where I remember that nail polish is fun and break out my collection. This can happen maybe about every two years which means a collection that can go unused for ages. Just tried this on brands of nearly very price range and voila, beloved glitters that have evaporated into unusable collections of sludge might as well be fresh. Polishes that are almost ten years old are new again. Get this. You will not regret it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Unfortunately, it turns out this product contains heptane, which can melt glitter. It hasn't actually happened to me, but I'm not going to risk it! I've switched to Orly's thinner. Too bad, because the Beauty Secrets is soooooo much cheaper and easier to acquire (and comes in a bigger bottle).

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is so cheap and effective, I tell all my girlfriends it's a must have. In fact, I might get a case and give them out at Christmas. It makes old nail polishes new again, it doesn't have it's 3-free unlike like SV Restore, and the little dispenser does the job. I wish it had a dropper cap but the dispenser works fine. I use it even on new nail polishes that are too thick for my taste, like Zoyas. It basically restores the solvents that evaporate from nail polish. Nail polish dries through evaporation. Thick, separated nail polish doesn't mean it is expired, it means it needs this stuff. Because it's made entirely of nail polish solvents that evaporate, it will eventually evaporate anyway. You get a pretty sizeable bottle (considering you only need a few drops usually, or if your polish is seriously dried up a nice squirt of it) for about five bucks.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have tried this on vintage polishes (pre-2006) that have all the chemicals that aren't used lately and it works ok. But, I think it works best on newer polishes. A 2002 OPI I have didn't thin very well. I don't know if some of the pigments have broken down or what. I used a couple of drops and several big squirts of the thinner.

However, it has worked great on newer polishes from drugstore brands to higher end salon brands. I have used it on 3 free and 5 free brands. I don't know which brands are 4 free, but if I own any, I have used it on them. If I use it when polishes first start thickening I only need a few drops. If its really bad, I need more.

I am at the bottom of my bottle and I will be buying another one. The bottle lasted me about 2 years.

on 6/8/2014 11:15:00 AM

Nail polish evaporates sometimes. Especially glitters. It's very unexpected, you pull out a bottle you haven't used in a long time and somehow, it's turned itself into a thick useless goopy mess. This stuff fixes it.

You might be tempted to pour some nail polish remover into the bottle (don't do that!) or to just throw it away, but what you really need is nail polish THINNER. No need to give up on that polish, it can be saved!

And it's cheap, too. Sally's Beauty Supply sells these 4oz bottles for about $5 or so. 4 ounces of anything when it comes to nail polish is a LOT, right?

It's also kind of fun to use, like little project. Dropping the liquid into the nail polish and then shaking, shaking, shaking it until (amazingly) you can hear the little mixer ball rattling around inside because you finally set it free. And then you drop some more in, and eventually you have a useable bottle of nail polish again!

In short, it restores your old, dried-out nail polish without freaking ruining it like nail polish remover would. So, again just to reiterate, DON'T USE NAIL POLISH REMOVER!

This is a miracle product that you need to own if you are at all into nail polish.

My only complaint is this- the packaging is sucky for what you need to use it for. It's just a flip-top squeeze bottle, I guess they want you to aim really carefully. I find I need a dropper to transfer the liquid from one bottle to another, and they don't give you one. My first thinner was a brand called Nail Tek Extend (very small bottle only .5oz and it was like $10- but they gave you a dropper! So helpful.) I do recommend that you get a hold of a squeezy-eye-dropper thing, it will make using this product so much easier.

Overall, love this product and will buy it again. It has resurrected several very loved and sometimes HTF polishes for me. Recommended!

on 2/1/2014 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This stuff is amazing. It fixes all of my glitter polishes when they're too thick and it's perfect for Seche Vite.