MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

3.0

1 review

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

on 2/15/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this back when it was on sale, around Summer 2012? The color I bought it in was Purring, a lovely tangerine color. When I first received it, I loved the orange color as it would take out the mauve of my pigmented lips, but this color in the pot only lasted for about 2 months.

The further I used it, however, I discovered that the lip balm oxidized and turned into a lovely coral pink shade. I love the shade, but I am very surprised that it turned into such a different color from it's original shade.

The texture is what came as a true downside for me, however. The texture is moderately tacky. I don't tend to mind this much, but for those who dislike this texture, steer clear of this product. The finish of this balm is a glossy finish, something I do like, but I was greatly disappointed by the moisturizing properties of this balm. This balm verges on the low end of being moisturizing. When I apply this balm, it doesn't sink into my lips like my other products do and instead seems to sit on top of the lips, sinking in VERY slowly if at all. I find that I have to apply this multiple times during the day to keep my lips somewhat hydrated and even then, I still have multiple dry patches.

The packaging was great. It comes in a sturdy glass pot with a black plastic screw top. Very simple and chic and I love knowing that it won't spill around when it is rolling around in my bag. However, I don't relish the fact that I have to dig my finger into the pot to get product, something that I find breeds germs. I would have preferred for it to have come in a squeeze tube. This would make it more sanitary

Overall, MAC wins once again with its cute packaging, even if it's not the most sanitary, but the overal texture and moisturizing properties of this balm are quite lackluster. Pick this balm if you want a moderately moisturizing balm with glossy effects but don't get your hopes up if you have dry sensitize and peeling lips.

Top Rated Lip Treatments