MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

This is absolutely one of my all time favourite HG lip glosses - and I've owned hundreds. Im really not a huge MAC fan either, so I was late trying these out but am SO glad that I did. I know some people dont like the pot but I dont mind it, and I especially like that its a glass pot - it feels substantial, wont crack or get cheap looking after being tossed around in your bag....its really very nice packaging and you get quite a lot of product in it. I love the smell, strawberry kiwi is the consensus - but it smells so summery, I love it! The texture....you can feel the petroleum in it but it seems to be mixed up well enough with other ingredients that it doesnt feel oily and greasy the way Vaseline on your lips does - it is thicker and relatively long lasting but not sticky at all and equals a fantastic texture. The colors are also fantastic, super summery shades that are lots of fun. Yes they are sheer, but I still find I can get a nice tint of color with most of them and the lighter shades are great at giving a bit of a nude effect because they are thicker in texture. I really love Shush, EZ Baby and Sweet Tooth, but to be honest, I dont think there are many of the shades I would turn down at this point. All in all, these are pretty near to being the perfect lip gloss. I hate that this is not a permanent item, or at the very least a seasonal item. Grrr MAC why must you not carry the one item I truly LOVE that you made and cant live without! Im seriously on a misson to stock up on these so I have enough to last for years and years....seriously - thats how fantastic these are!

i love these things. they are my favorite product mac has ever came out with! they are the first thing i put on my lips in the morning and the last thing i put on before i go to bed. they condition my lips and leave them feeling great. i love that they have spf too which makes them perfect especially in the summer time when you are at the pool or beach. i think at one point i have owned every single one! my favorites are shush, tread gently and honey bare. the only negative thing i can say about them is they are not very pigmented but i love them either way!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Tendertones are fantastic. They keep my lips moisturized as well as provide that glossy finish that I love. They smell fantastic, and they are sheer enough to where I'm not afraid to wear just about any of them. These are perfect for day wear any day of the week. I keep one in my bag all the time. They're perfect, if not a little pricey.

This is for honey bare tendertone lip balm with spf 12. The color Honey Bare is described on maccosmetics.com as a sheer peach with white pearl. When I look at it in the pot it does look peachy almost melon with gold shimmer. This was my favorite of all the new tendertones. It smells great and feels so smooth and silky on lips. I use a travel lip brush for this. It adds nice shine with subtle gold shimmer. Wish the peachy color showed more but from what I saw when I tested them, these are all pretty sheer.

on 7/24/2007 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I once bought Hush, Hush, and really was disappointed. Since then I have acquired two other colors- the darker rose color and the light green one - not sure on the names, but I love them! I wear the rose color all the time, and the light green color when I go to bed. It stays on for a while, and the smell is so wonderful! I always am on the lookout for more- love to swap for them too (except for Hush, Hush - lol)!

on 7/20/2007 3:07:00 AM

I recently purchased this in Tender Baby and it quickly became one of my new favorite makeup products. It's so yummy, very moisturizing and isn't sticky at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

These are sooo cool! I bought the color Hush, Hush and its a natural liptone with a lustrious shine. It also makes my lips feel soft and silky. I want more! I also have Warm Smile which is almost the same but with a little more color. Love them both!!!

on 7/2/2007 8:22:00 PM

when these first came out, i NEVER expected to love them as much as i do now! i bought a couple, just for the hell of it... "Tender Baby" and "Softnote" and now i think i'm gonna need some back-ups for "Tender Baby"! its such a pretty true pink... no extra sparkle or anything! i really love that they have SPF 12, without having the icky SPF taste/smell from the usual MAC Tinted Lip Conditioners... not to mention they feel so much better on! they give a great glossy sheen, without being sticky or goopy... needless to say, i'll be getting a few more of these :D

Though I wasn’t planning on purchasing anything from this product launch, the quality and texture of the Tendertones definitely sold me. I purchased Softnote (lilac) and have been using it religiously since. They have a delicious fruity summery smell, and glide on with delicate washes of color. I especially love these because my son likes to kiss me on the cheek and hug my head, and these do not transfer color onto this face or clothing!

on 6/3/2007 2:02:00 PM

I just bought the new MAC Tendertones and they are fabulous. They are limited edition May 2007 and retail for $14.50. These come in pots similar to fluidlines but they are bigger (but not as big as the tinted lip conditioners). They feel much better on than any other MAC lip product. They glide right on, a gel-like consistency, and don't gunk up like the lipsticks and lipglasses with the telltale white ring that some users get. They are very sheer with shimmer or glitter depending on the shade and they make a great base for other lip products. I think the staying power is pretty good for a lip balm and the ingredient list seems to have some nice antioxidants and skin conditioning agents including coffee seed extract, olive fruit extract, vitamin E, wheat bran extract, linoleic acid, and cholesterol. These have a SPF of 12 with the active ingredients being octinoxate 7.5%, octisalate 2.0% and avobenzone 1.5%. I am a lipgloss junkie and would definitely repurchase these for either a natural look or a base to other lip looks. Only downside is the pot, but I will use a lipbrush.

Popular Lip Treatments