MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Cosmetics Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50%, OCTISALATE 2.00%, AVOBENZONE 1.50% INGREDIENTS PETROLATUM, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT BRAN) EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, WATER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, ETHYLCELLULOSE, CHOLESTEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL ADIPATE/CAPRATE/CAPRYLATE/HEPTANOATE, HYDROGENATED DILINOLEYL ALCOHOL, OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, LINOLEIC ACID, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POTASSIUM SULFATE, SILICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ALUMINA, TIN OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 (CI 42090), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 33 (CI 17200), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 (CI 47005), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005)]

on 2/15/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this back when it was on sale, around Summer 2012? The color I bought it in was Purring, a lovely tangerine color. When I first received it, I loved the orange color as it would take out the mauve of my pigmented lips, but this color in the pot only lasted for about 2 months.

The further I used it, however, I discovered that the lip balm oxidized and turned into a lovely coral pink shade. I love the shade, but I am very surprised that it turned into such a different color from it's original shade.

The texture is what came as a true downside for me, however. The texture is moderately tacky. I don't tend to mind this much, but for those who dislike this texture, steer clear of this product. The finish of this balm is a glossy finish, something I do like, but I was greatly disappointed by the moisturizing properties of this balm. This balm verges on the low end of being moisturizing. When I apply this balm, it doesn't sink into my lips like my other products do and instead seems to sit on top of the lips, sinking in VERY slowly if at all. I find that I have to apply this multiple times during the day to keep my lips somewhat hydrated and even then, I still have multiple dry patches.

The packaging was great. It comes in a sturdy glass pot with a black plastic screw top. Very simple and chic and I love knowing that it won't spill around when it is rolling around in my bag. However, I don't relish the fact that I have to dig my finger into the pot to get product, something that I find breeds germs. I would have preferred for it to have come in a squeeze tube. This would make it more sanitary

Overall, MAC wins once again with its cute packaging, even if it's not the most sanitary, but the overal texture and moisturizing properties of this balm are quite lackluster. Pick this balm if you want a moderately moisturizing balm with glossy effects but don't get your hopes up if you have dry sensitize and peeling lips.

I have this in purring, a sheer orange-coral shade. At first this looked more orange but as I've gone deeper in the pot it appears more coral. This on it's own gives my lips a soft healthy appearance with a peachy tint and some shine. It smells and tastes delicious, like strawberry-kiwi! I would happily repurchase or try other shades even though they are pretty pricy. This is the product you want on your lips when a guy kisses you haha ;)

on 4/6/2012 10:36:00 AM

HG lip product for me! I use it at night, just before I go to bed and it has completely changed my lips. No more chapped, peeling lips! Amazing and will definitely repurchase.

on 4/2/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the MAC tendertone in tread softly a few days ago and I'm completely obsessed with it!! Firstly it smells so so amazing and it makes your lips look really pretty. And it also has SPF whichis awesome
Unfortunately, I dont feel like it moisturizers my lips alot. I mean it does but not to the extent of other chapsticks.

on 2/28/2012 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I heard about these a couple years ago & have been wanting to try get one but at the time I had to settle for L'oreal's hip jelly balm (plush 120) which are alright, you don't get much as the tendertones and the texture is a bit thicker. However, back to the tendertones I recently was able to get the green one, tread gently. Which I really like, its feels & smells good!! I would definitley get another one, if available.

on 2/19/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I just LOVE the tendertones. I have a bunch of them and they glide on and keep your lips smooth and hydrated and soft with just a hint of color. I wear them on the days that I want more of a natural look, like Saturday morning running errands or the mall or for the bedroom (wink) when you want a lil sumptin sumptin but still wanna keep it light, fresh and sexy…it tastes pretty good too. You get the best bang for your buck when you get them off ebay or at the CCO. My only con is that it's in pot form and I don't like to dig my finger in to get it and using a lip brush can be a little too cumbersome when you are trying to put something on quickly.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the Tendertone because of a few beauty gurus on youtube, how much they loved these lip balms from MAC. Last week, I was shopping on ACW(AllCosmeticsWholesale.com), and found that they were selling a few Tendertones, so I picked the one called Purring. I just got my order in yesterday afternoon and went through and played with all the new goodies I had bought. I opened the lip balm and immediately noticed the light, fruity scent, then tried it on, and loved it! It goes on very smooth, not sticky, and it smells great!

I'm so glad I bought one...thinking about getting a few more in different colors...I'm assuming they all smell the same? Guess I'll find out!

And if you haven't alread..check out:
www.allcosmeticswholesale.com

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved every aspect of the tendertones when mac released them. Soft colors, comfortable wear, nice packaging. But... my lips dry out with this so badly !! I've the same irritation with clinique buttershine, so it might be something in those new gel formula... too bad.

This is NOT a lip gloss....after reading people complain about the lack of pigmentation, i was perplexed. this is NOT marketed as a gloss. anyways, end of that. I LOVE tendertones. I've got about 6 (4 from old collection & 2 from new one). I absolutely love the smell, love the feel and could not be happier with these. I've always been able to buy them at the CCO so I have never paid full price which is great. One of my favorite lip conditioners (besides burts bees)

on 5/20/2009 5:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just picked up my first one of these yesterday and I like it but I don't love it. Not sticky, nice color, no lasting power (but it's a gloss, they never last), and a way too strong smell. I got it at my CCO for a discount, so I think it was a good purchase. If it was a bit more shiny it would be perfect and only lightly scented it would be perfect.

Top Rated Lip Treatments